Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 576

Thread: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

  1. #351
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's nonsense...Do the credit card companies force you to retain, and use their product?
    Exactly! Health care gives us far less of a choice!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #352
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Exactly! Health care gives us far less of a choice!
    Obamacare will, yes.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #353
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Obamacare will, yes.
    Yes, more access means less choice. That's logical.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Obamacare is in place to regulate businesses in an attempt to dictate our economy by taxing the **** out of products. Our government will sell it to the public by labeling businesses enablers of obesity and such.

    Between Obamacare and the Patriot Act our government will own you..

    They've already labeled "obesity" as a "disease" just like they labeled addiction a "disease" and drugs are illegal aren't they? guess what? our POS government will start comparing foods and products to drugs in an attempt to pick "winners and losers" in industry hence economy.

    Does anyone even bother to understand what constitutes "obese?" - no most people think "fat people" or people fatter than they are...

    These people in government (democrats) want to dictate every aspect of our society while they play "The Sims" with a country of 300,000,000 people.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 06-22-13 at 02:15 PM.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Obamacare is in place to regulate businesses in an attempt to dictate our economy by taxing the **** out of products. Our government will sell it to the public by labeling businesses enablers of obesity and such.

    Between Obamacare and the Patriot Act our government will own you..

    They've already labeled "obesity" as a "disease" just like they labeled addiction a "disease" and drugs are illegal aren't they? guess what? our POS government will start comparing foods and products to drugs in an attempt to pick "winners and losers" in industry hence economy.

    Does anyone even bother to understand what constitutes "obese?" - no most people think "fat people" or people fatter than they are...

    These people in government (democrats) want to dictate every aspect of our society while they play "The Sims" with a country of 300,000,000 people.
    I love the smell of paranoia in the morning.


    Look, we have a problem. We spent too much for too little access. Health care is a community issue, like police and fire fighting. It shoud be treated much the same. If we stop with the hyperbolic fear mongering, we might be able to actually create a better system.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #356
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I love the smell of paranoia in the morning.

    Look, we have a problem. We spent too much for too little access.
    That is NOT what the problem is

    Health care is a community issue, like police and fire fighting. It shoud be treated much the same. If we stop with the hyperbolic fear mongering, we might be able to actually create a better system.
    Health care is not a community issue like police and fire. The differences are huge, and important.

    Mischaracterizing the problem the way you are is not only generating ideas that aren't right, it's generating ideas that make the problem worse.

  7. #357
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    That is NOT what the problem is



    Health care is not a community issue like police and fire. The differences are huge, and important.

    Mischaracterizing the problem the way you are is not only generating ideas that aren't right, it's generating ideas that make the problem worse.
    I quite disagree. It is the problem. And it is like police and fire. Untreated people can spread disease, and do. Public health matters, and using the ER doesn't count as valid access.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #358
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I quite disagree. It is the problem. And it is like police and fire. Untreated people can spread disease, and do. Public health matters, and using the ER doesn't count as valid access.
    Cost is the problem. Not access.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Cost is the problem. Not access.
    Both are a problem.

    Washington -- Middle-income insured Americans are increasingly experiencing health care access difficulties that are more commonly associated with their lower-income counterparts and the uninsured, according to two recent reports. These troubles include delayed or unmet needs for medical care, high insurance deductibles and difficulty getting in to see physicians.

    Health care access problems surge among insured Americans - amednews.com


    The problem: Too many Americans without access to health care

    The AMA and the AMA-MSS have recognized the problem of access to care in America as one of the largest issues facing medicine today. To address the issue of access to care, the AMA and the AMA-MSS have been involved in policy development, community service, education, and awareness efforts.

    Health Care Access


    Health Care Access Worsened For Americans Since 2000: Report

    Health Care Access Worsened For Americans Since 2000: Report

    Just the first few of a search.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #360
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Both are a problem.
    The health insurance system, public and private, created the cost problem by enabling too much access. Access to other people's money allows costs to rise because people don't care what the cost is. Providing even more access is counterproductive at this stage of the game.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 06-22-13 at 03:47 PM.

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •