Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 576

Thread: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

  1. #151
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    what denial? that i have to buy insurance so your premiums will be cheaper?
    It's like you don't even understand the argument, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  2. #152
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    ibd today:

    Service Job Health Benefits Come Under Knife Ahead Of ObamaCare - Investors.com

    Spending on health benefits in service occupations and among small firms exposed to ObamaCare mandates shrank over the past year, new Labor Department data show.

    Although employers face penalties in 2014 if they fail to offer affordable coverage, this decline in spending on health benefits shows that they're finding ways to shift some of ObamaCare's looming costs back to the government.

    Strikingly, Bureau of Labor Statistics data show that health benefit increases came to a standstill in service occupations after the first quarter of 2010 when ObamaCare became law. Prior to that, benefit costs had grown steadily since the mid-1990s.

    But following ObamaCare's passage, health benefits per hour of work in service occupations grew 0% through March 2011 and 0% the next year, before falling 0.7% through March 2013.

    Meanwhile, over the past three years, health benefits rose a moderate 2%, 2.8% and 2.7% per hour for the broad workforce, evidence that lower health care inflation doesn't explain the unusual declines in some sectors.

    Rather, a likely culprit is a shift in the mix of full-time workers who will come under ObamaCare's employer mandate and part-time workers who won't.

    BLS data, though volatile from month to month, clearly show that retailers have been cutting the average workweek for nonsupervisory employees over the past year.

    May's employment report showed that the number of temp workers hit a record high, evidence that employers are embracing temps as a strategy for dodging ObamaCare fines.

    The cost-shifting of ObamaCare's expenses won't only fall back on government, but on workers clocking fewer hours and, in other cases, on workers covering a bigger share of their health premiums.

    For perspective, ObamaCare's $5,000 wage-equivalent fine comes out to $2.40 an hour for a 40-hour workweek. That's nearly 4.5 times after-tax spending on health benefits.
    obamacare author max baucus: choo choo!



    ]

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    It's like you don't even understand the argument, lol.
    then explain what is your arguement

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    then explain what is your arguement
    I may have missed a few posts but I think the gist of it is "I'm right, you're wrong, end of argument". It's also the counter argument.
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  5. #155
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    then explain what is your arguement
    Which one?

    One thing I'm sure of, none of them have anything to do with your last comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #156
    Guru
    ashurbanipal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,867

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod
    So when does the "Affordable" part of the Affordable Care Act kick in? High deductibles and high co-pays were not what Obama sold us.
    Well, I think the affordable should kick in when the magic of the marketplace goes to work through the power of competition to ensure the most efficient delivery of goods and services to the consumer.

    I find this whole debate absurd. The old system wasn't working. We needed to do something. What solution do you suggest?

  7. #157
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    So it makes it way more expensive for those making over $90k, since they will be paying for their insurance and the subsidies? I didn't realize 2 married elementary school teachers were so well off that they could afford to pay for all that!
    Elementary school teachers would take insurance through their employer, so that's a moot point.

  8. #158
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    what denial? that i have to buy insurance so your premiums will be cheaper? If you think you should have a say so if i buy insurance or not then i should have a say so that welfare moms should be forced not have any more children so my taxes will be cheaper
    You clearly don't understand what insurance is. At all.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    They would be the same idiots who passed it before reading it.
    I love this rightwing meme. It's almost as far-fetched as the teleprompter meme.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So wait, a major selling point of the ACA was that it mad eit illegal to deny anyone insurance for pre-existing conditions. And now you propose that the fix to the major flaw in the penalty system is to... limit access to people with pre-existing conditions?

    Hmmmmm....
    Better yet, let's go to a single payer system like other advanced economies.

    But of course, conservative don't want that. They want a continuation of a broken system that incentivizes making health care hard to obtain in this country, because everybody knows health care should be expensive and generally unobtainable; otherwise, everybody will actually see doctors and stay healthy!

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •