Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 576

Thread: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Weren't companies dropping insurance before reform? Do you really think those dropping need reform to make them drop? Really?
    Comps will flee private insurance in mass leaving its employees with no options other than obammy care

  2. #122
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,662

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Plus the costs of w/e Dr. visits cost vs the costs of the copay. So everyone signs up at their first Dr's visit? The difference between 280 and 500 isn't that great. It wouldn't take too many Dr visits to tip the scales.

    For the poor the cost of the doctor's visits simply isn't a concern since the old adage remains that you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. At the higher income levels the the savings for not buying insurance are greater than the out of pocket expenses for a doctors visit.

    Let's look at someone making $80,000. In the first year of the penalty she could either pay $3,800 for insurance, or $895 in penalties. If she chose to take the penalty she would have $2,905 free and clear to pay medical expenses that year. The average doctor's visit is about $300. She could see the doctor 9 times that year, pay out of pocket, and still come out even.

    If people are chronically ill then obviously they would weigh their annual costs versus savings... but there in lies the critical flaw in the Obamacare system: It only makes sense to participate in the new system if you spend more on medical bills than the cost of insurance. But those people are a net loss for insurance companies to insure, so they can only afford to insure them because all the healthy people who don't go to the doctor also buy insurance, and are a net positive cash flow for the insurance companies. Under the Obama plan those people who are not chronically ill would be foolish to buy insurance.

    How many years until health insurance agencies fail to survive?
    Without a change to the cost of the penalty I give them three years. The government will shell out hundreds of billions trying to keep the insurance industry afloat, but saving them in this stupid new system would break the bank.

  3. #123
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Comps will flee private insurance in mass leaving its employees with no options other than obammy care
    Holy ****.

    You really think there's a government health plan I can buy.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #124
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    For the poor the cost of the doctor's visits simply isn't a concern since the old adage remains that you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. At the higher income levels the the savings for not buying insurance are greater than the out of pocket expenses for a doctors visit.

    Let's look at someone making $80,000. In the first year of the penalty she could either pay $3,800 for insurance, or $895 in penalties. If she chose to take the penalty she would have $2,905 free and clear to pay medical expenses that year. The average doctor's visit is about $300. She could see the doctor 9 times that year, pay out of pocket, and still come out even.

    If people are chronically ill then obviously they would weigh their annual costs versus savings... but there in lies the critical flaw in the Obamacare system: It only makes sense to participate in the new system if you spend more on medical bills than the cost of insurance. But those people are a net loss for insurance companies to insure, so they can only afford to insure them because all the healthy people who don't go to the doctor also buy insurance, and are a net positive cash flow for the insurance companies. Under the Obama plan those people who are not chronically ill would be foolish to buy insurance.



    Without a change to the cost of the penalty I give them three years. The government will shell out hundreds of billions trying to keep the insurance industry afloat, but saving them in this stupid new system would break the bank.
    You are aware that an insurance company doesn't have to pay for pre-existing bills, right? If I wait until I get sick, the insurance might not kick in until after I get myself a big fat bill. Even if I try to be sneaky and sign up for insurance during the ride to the hospital, I'd bet insurance companies will have a "your insurance starts next week" clause.

    Anyone who thinks Obamacare threatens the insurance industry should keep in mind that the insurance industry wrote the bill.
    Last edited by Deuce; 06-14-13 at 10:39 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #125
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,045

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    ok so what if that happens let government and hospital eat the cost.
    All my life i worked and my money went to someone else who made poor decisions.
    i paid for that welfare mom who spits out kids every year because she made the decision to have unprotected sex. my money goes towards the idiot who dropped out of high school and now can only get a part time minimum wage job and i have to feed his kids
    so what if i take a chance that might force someone else to pay my hospital bill, why are you concerned about me not getting insurance you are not concerned about that welfare mom or that high school drop out. why are you not giving them a hard time
    Good lord, didn't know you were so tenderhearted. I'll try to be more gentle next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #126
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,045

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Do you know for sure coverage isn't retroactive to the time of the accident or illness? In 3000 pages it may or may not be, nobody knows.
    Its not retroactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #127
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,045

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Well, in theory he could apply for coverage in the hospital, or his spouse. I'm sure the Hospitals would be MORE than happy to send a social worker around to your room to help you with the paper work.
    The actual time it takes to sign up for insurance will depend on your states exchange, since they are to be state run. Most will probably have regulations against signing up while in the hospital or right after you find that you need expensive surgery. At the very least, regardless of how fast you sign up, it's unlikely that you would be good to go and fully insured by the end of your hospital visit even if you signed up during the ambulance ride. And even then, if this is possible and becomes a big problem, it would be easy to rid the program of it by instituting a 14 day waiting period for new health insurance plans or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Its not retroactive.
    How do you know? Can you quote the pertinent line in the 3000 pages? what is your source?

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Good lord, didn't know you were so tenderhearted. I'll try to be more gentle next time.
    not tenderhearted just pointing out the vile disgusting blatant hypocrisy on the left

  10. #130
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,412
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Won't it be wonderful when we are in our 70s, or 80s, should we be so lucky, and need that hip replacement, only to be told that we need to tell some IRS goon what we pray?
    It is a wonderful thing to know the government cares so much about us, what we pray about and the like, and should we stray from the government line of thinking they will have ways to influence us... all in an effort to protect us from ourselves.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •