Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 236

Thread: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    This thread is full of so much FAIL it's not even funny.

    I am truly embarrassed to be an American right now....
    Conservatives have facts, evidence and actual arguments, people like you (self-proclaimed 'centrists' who ALWAYS find reasons to be embarrassed about being an American) have posturing, fainting and being offended.

    Here's a novel idea: Read the claims made and respond with facts, evidence or something vaguely resembling a counterpoint (i.e., debate).
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  2. #42
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,494

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    It's no unassailable position that these commenters took, but don't break into their country by the millions and rape their system and then act all indignant when they get sensitive about it.
    Sure, but equally don't react to that in a blatently racist manner then get sensitive about it being identified as racist.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,904

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    This thread is full of so much FAIL it's not even funny.

    I am truly embarrassed to be an American right now....
    Unfortunately there will always be assholes on the internet.
    This story was aired in the Aussie Media tonight. This beautiful young man was born and raised in San Antonio. His father served in the US Navy. I'd be proud to have him as a citizen in my Country. He sang so beautifully and has such a great attitude.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,904

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    would like to inform all those on the left assuming these comments where made by racist redneck republicans, I hate to inform you that 3 out of those 4 comments posted by CNN was made by African Americans. the 4th i could not find any information on.
    I guess that blows the racist right wing bigot narrative out of the water
    Links please?

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    Sure, but equally don't react to that in a blatently racist manner then get sensitive about it being identified as racist.
    Setting the record straight is not me being sensitive. I'm not the one breathlessly and indignantly condemning people here.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  6. #46
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Illegal immigrants cannot vote, but they can work for really cheap and keep downward pressure on wages. That is why the Repubs have never done anything about them, but do tell the base it is the democrats fault they are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Incoherent response...???
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Unfortunately there will always be assholes on the internet.
    This story was aired in the Aussie Media tonight. This beautiful young man was born and raised in San Antonio. His father served in the US Navy. I'd be proud to have him as a citizen in my Country. He sang so beautifully and has such a great attitude.
    And? Who cares if he's beautiful? Or that his dad was in the Navy? That's just emotional blather. Explain how this "controversy" is anything other than what I called it:

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Bottom line: Leftists operate on crisis and perceived victimhood, so CNN is scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel here using random Internet postings from total nobodies to keep stoking the flames of racial animosity. What's disgusting here is that liberals stand for absolutely NOTHING other than Democrat power, and will enthusiastically divide the country and exploit/destroy minorities to protect it.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  8. #48
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    A Hispanic boy sings the National Anthem at a basketball game and a few knuckleheads drop some ill advised and ignorant comments on Twitter. Sure, the people who dropped the tweets are idiots and deserve to take some heat for their stupidity but is this really front page stuff?

    Too much ado about too little, if you ask me. This isn't "Breaking News -Mainstream Media" worthy. Back page below the fold at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Conservatives have facts, evidence and actual arguments, people like you (self-proclaimed 'centrists' who ALWAYS find reasons to be embarrassed about being an American) have posturing, fainting and being offended.

    Here's a novel idea: Read the claims made and respond with facts, evidence or something vaguely resembling a counterpoint (i.e., debate).
    Your defense of blatantly ignorant racism towards a child singing the national anthem is truly despicable.

    I guess the only positive thing I can say about much or your responses is that I'm glad the child was not of Middle Eastern heritage and possibly Muslim.

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Illegal immigrants cannot vote, but they can work for really cheap and keep downward pressure on wages. That is why the Repubs have never done anything about them, but do tell the base it is the democrats fault they are here.


    Democrats are enthusiastically trying to import millions of new Democrat voters, at the expense of law-abiding immigrants, public safety, fiscal sanity, the economy, etc...but because Republicans have been hijacked by leftist RINOs and don't put up much of a fight, it's some big outrage that I correctly attribute the problem to those causing it?

    Try again.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •