Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 236

Thread: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    And no, simply being born in America doesn't make someone an American, contrary to everything we're told. Birthright citizenship is a myth. The proponents of the 14h Amendment even swore at the time that it would never be misinterpreted to grant citizenship to people simply by being born here. The other requirement is listed plainly "...and subject to the jurisdiction thereof..."

    If you aren't subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, and were simply born here, according to the drafters of the 14th Amendment themselves, that does not make you a citizen.

    Just saying.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  2. #12
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    And no, simply being born in America doesn't make someone an American, contrary to everything we're told. Birthright citizenship is a myth. The proponents of the 14h Amendment even swore at the time that it would never be misinterpreted to grant citizenship to people simply by being born here. The other requirement is listed plainly "...and subject to the jurisdiction thereof..."

    If you aren't subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, and were simply born here, according to the drafters of the 14th Amendment themselves, that does not make you a citizen.

    Just saying.
    As the OP said:

    "It's embarrassing to be an American sometimes....."
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,563

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Why would it matter where the kid was born?

    He sang an absolutely wonderful rendition of the National Anthem.
    He did it better than probably 90% of all Americans could ever do it.

    He's a CHILD for christ sakes.

    Some people are truly disgusting.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    As the OP said:

    "It's embarrassing to be an American sometimes....."
    Nice "counterpoint."

    The author of the 14th Amendment, Sen. Jacob Howard of Michigan: "This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers."

    See also the 1884 case Elk v. Wilkins, in which the Supreme Court ruled that the 14th Amendment didn't apply to Native Americans, because they weren't "subject to the jurisdiction" of the U.S.


    So again, the comments were probably not incorrect. The kid is not automatically an American just by being born here, and it is not some vile, racist hate crime for people to wonder if this choice was part of the same non-stop PC agenda to shove illegal immigrants down our throats.
    Last edited by aquapub; 06-13-13 at 07:43 AM.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    I see CNN is up to its old tricks pushing their race baiting narrative. Im not condoning those peoples comments, but who are these people who made those comments? they are nobodies. just some asshats on tweeter. there is nothing that is done now days that you wont find negative comments made by a few. you could put the most patriotic person up there to sing the national anthem, a solider that lost both legs and arms, and people would post negative comments

    All this is is an attempt by CNN to push a narrative that the reason people are against illegal align amnesty is the result of racism
    Last edited by trfjr; 06-13-13 at 07:45 AM.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    I see CNN is up to its old tricks pushing their race baiting narrative. Im not condoning those people comments, but who are these people who made those comments? they are nobodies. just some asshats on tweeter. there is nothing that is done now days that you wont find negative comments made by a few. you could put the most patriotic person up there to sing the national anthem, a solider that lost both legs and arms, and people would post negative comments

    All this is is an attempt by CNN to push a narrative that the reason people all against illegal align amnesty is the result of racism
    Agreed. And their comments probably weren't even technically incorrect. At worst, they are guilty of mistaking this as being a part of the overall crusade by the news media, academia and Hollywood to normalize and mainstream illegal immigrants (future Democrat voters).
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  7. #17
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    And cheap workers for the right. I beleive there have been a few Republican presidents since 1868 or whatever that was when the 14th was ratified. not exactly shoved down anyones throat. I hate it when you guys say "shoved down our throat." It just sounds silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Agreed. And their comments probably weren't even technically incorrect. At worst, they are guilty of mistaking this as being a part of the overall crusade by the news media, academia and Hollywood to normalize and mainstream illegal immigrants (future Democrat voters).
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #18
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,499

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Nothing racist about wondering if a Mexican-looking kid was chosen to sing our national anthem while millions of illegal immigrants are in the process of being rewarded for breaking into our country…
    That's the very definition of racism - treating on individual differently because of the actions or characteristics (actual or assumed) of other people who happen to be in the same racial grouping.

    You could make an argument that it's not bad or wrong but you can't deny that it is discrimination by definition.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

    He's a CHILD for christ sakes.
    think-of-the-children.jpg
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    And cheap workers for the right. I beleive there have been a few Republican presidents since 1868 or whatever that was when the 14th was ratified. not exactly shoved down anyones throat. I hate it when you guys say "shoved down our throat." It just sounds silly.
    Incoherent response...???
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •