Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 236

Thread: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Again,that's just your opinions. Thank you for sharing.
    Of course they are. Who's opinions am I supposed to be sharing? And calling me mean might qualify as a "counterpoint" among liberals, but in the adult world, it's just Neanderthal drivel. Learn how to debate.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  2. #142
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Wow. Bitter and butt-hurt, much?

    Try reading what was actually said, rather than lashing out at arguments no one has made.
    Actually I argued very specifically against your point. I understand being embarrassed to make such a stupid point as you made, but that is your fault for making it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #143
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Except how liberals apply it: "I can't debate, so you're racist."
    Sorry, wrong again.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    No one's trying to stop him from singing in peace. People are just naturally going to question whether or not he's another illegal immigrant like the ones being paraded around in Congress to testify with immunity. Total insanity.
    I don't think so. I don't know anyone that questions peoples' immigration status naturally. It has to be a conscienscious decision. Those remarks were ignorant and inappropriate.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We call that "debate". Most of us enjoy having our ideas attacked, that is why we are here instead of some far right or left message board.
    I think you know what I'm referring to, and it isn't anything going on UPSTAIRS! That is certainly NOT debate.

  6. #146
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    I'm not. I didn't post this article. I just read everyone acting all aghast that a handful of blacks (i.e., Democrat voters) jumped to a conclusion. I'm just explaining that these guys aren't the freaking anti-Christ. We're under attack. People are going to be a little sensitive and over-react. And again, I'm not actually sure that he is an American citizen, at least according to the author of the 14th Amendment.
    So we're gonna go birther on a little kid?

    Where in the Constitution does it stipulate that one must be a natural born citizen to sing the National Anthem at a San Antonio Spurs game? Is it regular season too, or just playoffs?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #147
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Of course they are. Who's opinions am I supposed to be sharing? And calling me mean might qualify as a "counterpoint" among liberals, but in the adult world, it's just Neanderthal drivel. Learn how to debate.
    Telling the truth is part of the process of debating,and you have yet to point out where anything I said was actually wrong.

    Learn how to take criticism.That's what adults do also.
    I guess you don't have your "big boy pants" on today.
    And casting innuendos about me not being a true Republican might qualify as a "counterpoint" among conservatives but in the adult world, it's just Neanderthal drivel. You need to practice what you preach and YOU need to learn how to debate.
    And in my opinion you are still being a jerk.
    Last edited by Verthaine; 06-13-13 at 04:25 PM.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    So freaking what if they are?
    All we are required to do is respect someones RIGHT to state their opinions.We are not required to pucker up and kiss someones ass just because they stated an opinion.We are not required to throw them a ticket tape parade just because they stated an opinion.We are not required to bow down at someones feet and shout out "huzzah!!!" just because someone states an opinion here.
    No one here to my knowledge is preventing anyone else here from stating their opinions.As long as none of the rules of DebatePolitics.com are being broken,anyone here can state their opinions on the opinions of others here.You can comment on those opinions,you can criticize those opinions,and as long as you don't break any rules here,you can even make fun of them.This is a public forum,and that's we pay for having freedom of speech.

    I can't speak for anyone else on this forum other than my self,but I am so sick of the "wah,wah,wah,why doesn't anyone like my opinions" bullcrap that constantly goes on here at DebatePolitics.
    It has nothing to do with someone not liking your opinions. THAT is to be expected.

  9. #149
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Except how liberals apply it: "I can't debate, so you're racist."
    And in this case where people are assuming that he couldn't possibly be a citizen because he's brown, race doesn't even apply?

    BTW, this is San Antonio. Ever wonder why the name isn't in English? Lots of Mexicans lived there before whitey showed up and decided that THEY were the legal ones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Unless I completely miss the meaning of the first amendment, it gives you the right to speak your piece. It does not mention that others must agree with you, or let you have your opinion without any opposing opinions.
    I made a truthful statement. Someone claimed that you can state your opinions here in peace, and that is just not the case.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •