Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 236

Thread: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

  1. #131
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    While I certainly don't agree with aquapub trying to justify assumptions being made about someone because of his/her appearance, I just have to say that NO, you cannot always state your opinions in peace. A lot of times people are attacked for stating their opinions on this forum.
    So freaking what if they are?
    All we are required to do is respect someones RIGHT to state their opinions.We are not required to pucker up and kiss someones ass just because they stated an opinion.We are not required to throw them a ticket tape parade just because they stated an opinion.We are not required to bow down at someones feet and shout out "huzzah!!!" just because someone states an opinion here.
    No one here to my knowledge is preventing anyone else here from stating their opinions.As long as none of the rules of DebatePolitics.com are being broken,anyone here can state their opinions on the opinions of others here.You can comment on those opinions,you can criticize those opinions,and as long as you don't break any rules here,you can even make fun of them.This is a public forum,and that's we pay for having freedom of speech.

    I can't speak for anyone else on this forum other than my self,but I am so sick of the "wah,wah,wah,why doesn't anyone like my opinions" bullcrap that constantly goes on here at DebatePolitics.

  2. #132
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    While I certainly don't agree with aquapub trying to justify assumptions being made about someone because of his/her appearance, I just have to say that NO, you cannot always state your opinions in peace. A lot of times people are attacked for stating their opinions on this forum.
    We call that "debate". Most of us enjoy having our ideas attacked, that is why we are here instead of some far right or left message board.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Being a racist has lost all meaning at this point. It simply means disagreeing with Democrats on anything, ever...so who freaking cares?
    Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    1
    : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

    2
    : racial prejudice or discrimination
    rac·ist noun or adjective

    Nope, it still has meaning and not what you claim.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #134
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    All I have to say is "Miami Fans."
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #135
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    I'm not. I didn't post this article. I just read everyone acting all aghast that a handful of blacks (i.e., Democrat voters) jumped to a conclusion. I'm just explaining that these guys aren't the freaking anti-Christ. We're under attack. People are going to be a little sensitive and over-react. And again, I'm not actually sure that he is an American citizen, at least according to the author of the 14th Amendment.
    Well,if you are going to use that kind of logic,I'm not to sure you are an American Citizen yourself.

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Again,that is your opinion,thank you for sharing.So what does it mean when a Republican like myself disagrees with you.Or am I not allowed to do that?
    It just means you're a RINO. Newsflash: Only leftists play the race card incessantly an think they have "debated."
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  7. #137
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    It just means you're a RINO. Newsflash: Only leftists play the race card incessantly an think they have "debated."
    Again,that's just your opinions. Thank you for sharing.
    Newsflash:unless your real name is Reince Priebus I don't think you have the power to determine who is or who isn't a Republican (and I'm not to sure even he has that type of power).
    Apparently,the RNC hasn't had any problem cashing all those checks I send them for all the RNC political fundraisers me and my wife attend.
    And last time I checked I am not required to be a Conservative or to kiss your or their asses to be a Republican.

    Since you were kind enough to share your opinions,here is one of mine in return:

    You are still being a jerk.
    Last edited by Verthaine; 06-13-13 at 03:53 PM.

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You would rather a European looking kid had sung?

    Hi Aquapub, nice to see you are still slinging out stupidity. Stop by more often so we can laugh at your posts more.
    Wow. Bitter and butt-hurt, much?

    Try reading what was actually said, rather than lashing out at arguments no one has made.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  9. #139
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    thanks for your concern, I really did not take it personally and barely noticed it. I generally completely ignore the dumb personal attacks. It simply means they have nothing of substance and are projecting their intellectual impotence on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Well,that's your opinion.You have a right to it.Just like everyone else here.
    But I don't think you have some superpower that allows you to read other peoples thoughts.
    I didn't see the words "moderator" or "administrator" or "site owner" under your name,so you really don't have the right to tell anyone here they don't belong on a "debate site".You don't get to determine who belongs here.You may not agree with what Mak2 wrote.You may even like what he wrote,but he had every right to say it. From what I can tell,he broke no rules here .
    Now,I'm not going to accuse you of being a racist,( now me personally,based on what you've written so far.....)but I will say you were being a total jerk when you added that last line.
    Here is my opinion...You should "man up" and admit you were wrong for that last statement,apologize to this thread for overstepping your boundaries,and then we can all move on.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Nope, it still has meaning and not what you claim.
    Except how liberals apply it: "I can't debate, so you're racist."
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •