Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 236

Thread: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

  1. #111
    Professor
    Dirt Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    02-19-16 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments - CNN.com <-- clicky





    Here's video:





    It's embarrassing to be an American sometimes.....
    Kid did a great job honoring his country and our flag. The post announced the kid as a "San Antonio Native" which makes him a Citizen of the United States. Regardless of what he was wearing or looked like, he sang with heart and conviction, and it's great to see young Americans pay tribute to our flag.

    Those that questioned his heritage because of his clothes or looks must lead a pretty dismal life. Instead of tearing the kid down lets embrace the fact that he loved his country enough to sing our National Anthem in front of a lot of people. I am certain I wouldn't be able to do that, at least not as well as he did.

  2. #112
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,545

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Nothing racist about wondering if a Mexican-looking kid was chosen to sing our national anthem while millions of illegal immigrants are in the process of being rewarded for breaking into our country, marching down our streets with their flags, demanding that we speak their language, educate their children and cut them welfare checks...all while smearing anyone who objects as a bigot.

    Seriously, lay down this mindless, hysterical race-card. You have UTTERLY overplayed and discredited it at this point and it carries ZERO weight.
    It is racist to assume that because he's latino, he's illegal. If the kid was born in Texas, he's American.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  3. #113
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,203

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Another thread that encourages the America haters to insult the country that supports them and insult the American people. If you don't feel loved here, go back to your own country and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Nobody invited you.
    The people who insult this great country are the idiots that don't understand that America is and has always been a multicultural melting pot. They are the idiots who "claim" to love America but have little to no understanding of the values of our American culture. They are the fools that assume people who don't look like them cannot possibly be "American".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,682

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    The argument isn't that he necessarily is an illegal immigrant, it's that it's a small infraction for a handful of people to jump to such a conclusion when this insanity is being shoved down our throats all day, every day.
    Perhaps the insanity was already in certain throats beforehand? Que vaya con Dios, m''migo...

  5. #115
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,545

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Another thread that encourages the America haters to insult the country that supports them and insult the American people. If you don't feel loved here, go back to your own country and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Nobody invited you.
    Then maybe we should turn it into a thread saying that since the kid was born in Texas, he's an American. Instead of assuming that he must be an illegal and hate America because of his race.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    An apparent foreigner? How should a 'standard' American look?
    Not about looking a certain way. A Mexican kid who may or may not be an American citizen singing this country's national anthem in the middle of an invasion of Mexican criminals caused a handful of blacks [according to trfjr] (i.e. Democrat voters) to jump to the conclusion that he was an illegal immigrant. Not the end of the freaking world, and not cause for liberals to hyper-ventilate about rednecks who apparently had nothing to do with this.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  7. #117
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,629

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Not about looking a certain way. A Mexican kid who may or may not be an American citizen singing this country's national anthem in the middle of an invasion of Mexican criminals caused a handful of blacks [according to trfjr] (i.e. Democrat voters) to jump to the conclusion that he was an illegal immigrant. Not the end of the freaking world, and not cause for liberals to hyper-ventilate about rednecks who apparently had nothing to do with this.
    The problem is that kid is not Mexican. But it's not about looking a certain way, right?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,649

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    It's not about the boy. It's about this invasion of criminals breaking into our country, bankrupting our system and being protected by Democrats as Rome burns.
    If your argument is about crinimal invaders, why are you making it about the singer?

    Kid is an American citizen. He is a damn good singer, worthy of a gig singing at this venue. End of story.

    I'm surprised that someone has not commented about his costume.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    The problem is that kid is not Mexican. But it's not about looking a certain way, right?
    According to CNN, he is a "Mexican-American," which, depending on your level of education on the Constitution, either tells you he is a Mexican who just happens to be here, or an ACTUAL legitimate citizen. Stop witch-hunting for racists, Chris Matthews.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  10. #120
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,629

    Re: Mexican-American boy's national anthem sparks racist comments

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I'm surprised that someone has not commented about his costume.
    I think he looks adorable.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •