Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 236

Thread: A victory for the morning-after pill [W:107:233]

  1. #151
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,216

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    That is a much different scenario than making a hormone tablet OTC, and giving young girls the ability to buy it whenever they want. Teenage girls are already stupid enough, and this is putting the responsibility of a serious decision, based on serious actions, into their already emotion-filled minds.
    It is almost like you have a vision of individual girls buying cases of the stuff.


    I a curious, do you think lack of availability of MAP will prevent the same girls from having sexual activity?

  2. #152
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    can be as safe as you like but condoms still split, the pill isn't 100% etc.
    The pill has a very low failure rate. It all goes back to that stupidity thing I was referring to. Do something stupid, then say "Oh ****, what have I done?", then go and try to erase your stupidity. Unfortunately, stupidity persists no matter what you do to try and make up for it.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill [W:107]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    well that's not how it works and unfortunately everyone else picks up the bill.
    Which is why this needs to be changed.


    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Why Plan B only for rape? DO you consider the morning after pill a type of abortion?
    Yes, I do see it as a means of terminating a potential pregnancy, regardless of how it may or may not work. I believe the time and place to stop a pregnancy is PRIOR to the impregnating act, not after.


    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    so whats your solution, do you want the FDA to enforce their morals on the country, or mine or yours? you dont think its important to have the FDA test food and drugs?
    Honestly, I don't want them enforcing anyone's morals because they should not exist as a Governmental agency to begin with. I could see them as a prvate entity which provided suggestions to the market and the public, but they have no legitimate mandate as a Governmental organization.

  4. #154
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,261

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    I'm not quite sure why you're comparing surgical procedures to taking a pill that is safe enough to be sold over the counter.
    Yup. Saccharine was quite popular, perfectly safe, and available at every restaurant at one time, as well. If you happened to develop Parkinson's as a result of it's use is just, well, unfortunate.

  5. #155
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    It is almost like you have a vision of individual girls buying cases of the stuff.


    I a curious, do you think lack of availability of MAP will prevent the same girls from having sexual activity?
    You are apparently still not getting it. I don't think it should be OTC and available to ANYONE. The morning-after pill has a higher dose of progesterone than regular birth control pills do, and regular birth control pills require a prescription. This isn't an issue of slutty girls, or of preventing sexual behavior. It's an issue of medical incompetence to make this widely available and OTC.

    Does this make my position clear?
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  6. #156
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill [W:107]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Honestly, I don't want them enforcing anyone's morals because they should not exist as a Governmental agency to begin with. I could see them as a prvate entity which provided suggestions to the market and the public, but they have no legitimate mandate as a Governmental organization.
    well thats good because they arent enforcing any morals and what you said is exactly what they do except they are government.
    Me personal i want them government because they need to be IMO, they need to have that type of authority to over see drugs and food.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill [W:107]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    we have no clue what he cares about but it most certainly is not his job to legislate his morals and in this case it goes against his morals too so im not sure of your point.

    are you saying you want the FDA or Obama to enforce their morals, or yours, or mine?
    Well, then let me explain. Its not "enforcing morals". Its about enabling what many would see as immorality. Its about better enabling a child, engaged in immorality (at least a few of us see a 13 year-old girl sexual active with her 17 year-old lover as such) to hide such from her folks.

    That argument has been made throughout the thread. You must have missed it every time .............

  8. #158
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,250

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    The pill has a very low failure rate. It all goes back to that stupidity thing I was referring to. Do something stupid, then say "Oh ****, what have I done?", then go and try to erase your stupidity. Unfortunately, stupidity persists no matter what you do to try and make up for it.
    stupid is as stupid does
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  9. #159
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill [W:107]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    1.)Well, then let me explain.
    2.)Its not "enforcing morals".
    3.) Its about enabling what many would see as immorality.
    4.) Its about better enabling a child, engaged in immorality (at least a few of us see a 13 year-old girl sexual active with her 17 year-old lover as such) to hide such from her folks.

    5.)That argument has been made throughout the thread. You must have missed it every time .............
    1.) please do
    2.) good because the FDA isnt about that
    3.) FDA doesnt care about what you or I see as moral, its not their job, nor are they enabling
    4.) this can already be done

    5.) no i didnt miss it i just understand its a super weak argument that rests on a foundation of hyperbole.

    so whats the alternative, what do you suggest? The FDA is to makes sure drugs are safe, it did that, now what would you like to happen?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: A victory for the morning-after pill [W:107]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well thats good because they arent enforcing any morals and what you said is exactly what they do except they are government.
    Me personal i want them government because they need to be IMO, they need to have that type of authority to over see drugs and food.
    There is a significant issue in my mind with an agency which can FORCE food and drugs off the market, or allow them into the market to begin with. I definitely do not find any Constitutional authority or mandate for any such agency, which in my mind means that any such group should not be linked to the Government. I would be much more supportive of a PRIVATE organization which provided RECOMENDATIONS to the public on which food and drugs it felt were safe and/or self-regulating industry organizations which would police those groups without Government interference. My morals and values will always supercede anything the FDA (or any other Government agency) tell me I can/cannot and/or should/shouldn't eat, drink, medicate myself with, etc....

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •