Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #711
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Let me ask you this, is there a difference between a transgender, and a transexual? If so, can you explain?
    Let me ask you this you give some evidence to your statements as i have right along and then you earn the right to ask another question. So far you have a lost debate as you show nothing to back up any statement you have made.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  2. #712
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,169

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I disagree. Sorry, had to do that. How can that be true, if the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit make up the Holy Trinity? I've been raised in church my entire life, in more than one denomination, and I've never heard it said that God and Jesus are one and the same.

    However, different religions interpret things differently.
    For denominations that recognize the Holy Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are God in three different forms. That's what "Trinity" means.

  3. #713
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Regarding marriage law - the ACLU doesn't agree with your summary that transgender individuals "are fully accepted across the entire nation." Marriages have been invalidated in Texas, Kansas and Illinois. Even if this hasn't occurred in the other 47 states, it would be wrong to assume that such marriages are "fully accepted" - it may simply be the case that they have gone unchallenged.

    But - even if we were to assume that EVERY state recognized and accepted such marriages - these are almost always contingent on the applicant's ability to provide proof of "clinical treatment" at the very least, and more typically proof of surgery. Most people who are transgender don't seek such surgery and don't necessarily want such surgery. Some (many?) don't even need/want "clinical treatment" being totally at peace with their identity and anatomy (one of the reasons the DSM classification was recently changed).

    Therefore - even in (most) states where transgender marriages are recognized, the majority of transgender individuals would not have such a marriage recognized without going through treatment or surgery that might be too expensive or simply undesirable. If the same criteria required for protection under the law with respect to marriage apply to protection under the law with respect to use of public restrooms - most transgender individuals would be excluded from (legal) use of restrooms that match their gender identity.

    If anything, laws regarding public restroom use are more relaxed than those regarding marriage - while it may be the case that some proportion of the transgendered community is "fully accepted," perhaps you'll agree that for most of the transgender community this is simply not the case.
    I think if you read my original response you will find that i said Texas does not allow this and the rest of the states require that the birth certificates be altered. If the birth certificate has not been altered and signed off on by the medical people it would be void be void. So I am trying to figure out what the problem is with what I stated. So i guess I am trying to figure out just what your question is here.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  4. #714
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    God is not synonymous with religion.
    i guess not and this is also not a thread about god either so i still can't figure out why this keeps coming up.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  5. #715
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    i guess not and this is also not a thread about god either so i still can't figure out why this keeps coming up.
    Right. This is about a Navy Seal who, in my opinion, showed great courage in following his heart to become the woman he always thought he was. As one poster said (I wish I could remember who): Thank you for your service. And I hope you will be happy in your new life." Bam!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #716
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    The evidence already went down in history, the Creator told us what happened.
    Evidence for this? Evidence for "the Creator?"
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  7. #717
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Evidence for this? Evidence for "the Creator?"
    Look around you, the creation is the proof of the creator.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #718
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Look around you, the creation is the proof of the creator.
    So all you have is a circular argument? Can't really say I'm surprised. You have yet to present any evidence, really, and no counter-evidence to Evolutionary Theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  9. #719
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    So all you have is a circular argument? Can't really say I'm surprised. You have yet to present any evidence, really, and no counter-evidence to Evolutionary Theory.
    Other than the evolutionary theory is illogical?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #720
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Other than the evolutionary theory is illogical?
    How's Evolutionary Theory illogical? This should be good...
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •