Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #701
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I disagree. Sorry, had to do that. How can that be true, if the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit make up the Holy Trinity? I've been raised in church my entire life, in more than one denomination, and I've never heard it said that God and Jesus are one and the same.

    However, different religions interpret things differently.
    They are the same God, in three persons. Hard to explain.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #702
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,722

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    They are the same God, in three persons. Hard to explain.
    Again - different religions teach different things. I'm guessing yours taught intolerance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  3. #703
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,527

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    I agree there can be problems and people can do this for all the wrong reasons. This is certainly not an exact science. Usually it is correct. If we stopped the practice we would be denying those who have sexual dysphoria because mistakes happen. Well we would have to stop all surgery as mistakes happen there as well. We would have to stop medicine altogether because mistakes happen. Yes there are problems at times but there are more problems in all other facets of medicine.
    I's not really surgical mistakes though, it's personal choices to get non-medically necessary surgery that is irreversible, and drastically life altering. That's huge.

    I'm just saying when I heard about Dan confessing once he was dying, I wondered how many keep up the same "I did the right thing", but in reality are suffering and might admit on their death bed it was a bad choice. Anyway, it breaks my heart. We have so much leisure and freedom and access to incredible medical advances in the U.S., sometimes we may lose sight of what's important and go off down a rabbit hole and later wonder WTF we were thinking. Once someone gets it into their head they need this, they will jump through any/all hoops to do it, possibly for ego reasons alone (if I change my mind people will think I'm not honest or wishy/washy, etc., I'll show them all wrong).

    As long as massive caution is associated with it, if it's going to happen I would much rather it occur in a hospital paid out of their own pocket, than illegally or only in other countries, or paid for by taxpayer dollars. I have no issue with the gender/society-related question of this, only on the impact on the individuals life.

  4. #704
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Again - different religions teach different things. I'm guessing yours taught intolerance?
    Intolerance of sin? Yes.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #705
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I's not really surgical mistakes though, it's personal choices to get non-medically necessary surgery that is irreversible, and drastically life altering. That's huge.

    I'm just saying when I heard about Dan confessing once he was dying, I wondered how many keep up the same "I did the right thing", but in reality are suffering and might admit on their death bed it was a bad choice. Anyway, it breaks my heart. We have so much leisure and freedom and access to incredible medical advances in the U.S., sometimes we may lose sight of what's important and go off down a rabbit hole and later wonder WTF we were thinking. Once someone gets it into their head they need this, they will jump through any/all hoops to do it, possibly for ego reasons alone (if I change my mind people will think I'm not honest or wishy/washy, etc., I'll show them all wrong).

    As long as massive caution is associated with it, if it's going to happen I would much rather it occur in a hospital paid out of their own pocket, than illegally or only in other countries, or paid for by taxpayer dollars. I have no issue with the gender/society-related question of this, only on the impact on the individuals life.
    The surgery is necessary for the mental health of the patient. You may see it as unnecessary but it is. SRS is not paid for by the government it is paid for by the person or insurance companies. In many countries it is covered as part of the health program and it should be. In the US public covers very little for mental health or teeth or eyes. Go figure. There are great measures taken to see that SRS does not happen to a person not really transgender. This is so in all the countries I can think of. Even in the countries where it is covered.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  6. #706
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    They are the same God, in three persons. Hard to explain.
    YOu keep bringing god into the mix this is not a thread about religion.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  7. #707
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    The surgery is necessary for the mental health of the patient. You may see it as unnecessary but it is. SRS is not paid for by the government it is paid for by the person or insurance companies. In many countries it is covered as part of the health program and it should be. In the US public covers very little for mental health or teeth or eyes. Go figure. There are great measures taken to see that SRS does not happen to a person not really transgender. This is so in all the countries I can think of. Even in the countries where it is covered.
    Let me ask you this, is there a difference between a transgender, and a transexual? If so, can you explain?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #708
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,722

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Intolerance of sin? Yes.
    Who's version of sin? One religion's sin won't be another's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  9. #709
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    YOu keep bringing god into the mix this is not a thread about religion.
    God is not synonymous with religion.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #710
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    The only state in the union where a transgender can not get married as the gender they become as long as the birth certificate is amended is Texas otherwise transgenders are fully accepted across the entire nation. There would be no need for a Fodor's as long as they are not in Texas.
    Regarding marriage law - the ACLU doesn't agree with your summary that transgender individuals "are fully accepted across the entire nation." Marriages have been invalidated in Texas, Kansas and Illinois. Even if this hasn't occurred in the other 47 states, it would be wrong to assume that such marriages are "fully accepted" - it may simply be the case that they have gone unchallenged.

    But - even if we were to assume that EVERY state recognized and accepted such marriages - these are almost always contingent on the applicant's ability to provide proof of "clinical treatment" at the very least, and more typically proof of surgery. Most people who are transgender don't seek such surgery and don't necessarily want such surgery. Some (many?) don't even need/want "clinical treatment" being totally at peace with their identity and anatomy (one of the reasons the DSM classification was recently changed).

    Therefore - even in (most) states where transgender marriages are recognized, the majority of transgender individuals would not have such a marriage recognized without going through treatment or surgery that might be too expensive or simply undesirable. If the same criteria required for protection under the law with respect to marriage apply to protection under the law with respect to use of public restrooms - most transgender individuals would be excluded from (legal) use of restrooms that match their gender identity.

    If anything, laws regarding public restroom use are more relaxed than those regarding marriage - while it may be the case that some proportion of the transgendered community is "fully accepted," perhaps you'll agree that for most of the transgender community this is simply not the case.

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •