Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #471
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Their genitals are genuine. And, as I have said, I believe that they have partially altered their sex.
    Genuine imitations.
    If you have a better source than actual surgeons with medical knowledge who perform SRS, then provide it.


    Okay, provide a source. I've provided a credible source - the actual surgeons with medical knowledge who perform SRS. Your turn.
    So the qualification is among surgeons who do SRS? Seems biased, and the fact that you quoted doctors advertising their services is only laughable as a debate tactic. Let's consult a medical dictionary.
    1. The part of the genital canal in the female, extending between the cervix of the uterus and the vestibule; it is an organ of copulation that receives the penis during sexual intercourse.
    Vagina -- Medical Definition

    The source quoted is from the Stedman's Medical Dictionary. A vagina could be any shealthlike structure, but as far as human anatomy and medical definitions go it is as described, the structure between the cervix of the uterus and vestibule (vulva). There is no uterus in a MTF transsexual and no true cervix. It's essentially a created space to appear like a vagina but is not a proper vagina as far as medical definitions go.
    It's not that I say sex should be defined by more than DNA. It's that sex is defined by more than DNA.
    And as shown a MTF transsexual is a male in sex, but may be a female in gender according to the ethics of some people. The DNA is male, the anatomical structures are formed from existing male body parts and there is no female reproductive function or female sex organs. From a scientific perspective I think it's absurd to say, biologically, that an XY individual that had a vaginoplasty/labiaplasty done a woman by sex even though they have no internal sex organs and unnatural vagina when their DNA also says otherwise, especially considering that they were born male and had aesthetic surgery done to change appearances. Such an argument may fly with some in the gender definition which is ethical, but scientifically you are incorrect from a biological perspective.
    Not every person who is born a woman or a man is born with full, functioning genitalia. Even further, some men and women get their parts of their genitalia removed over their lifetimes for medical or other reasons. Their penises and vaginas are still "real." As a result, full, functioning genitalia are not a requirement of a person having "real" genitalia. Your argument is erroneous.

    Also, provide a source that validates your disagreement with surgeons who actually perform the surgery.
    Notice I never said that people who are infertile due to a disease do not have "real" genitalia. I predicted that you would use this argument (which doesn't address mine). Re-read what I said. I stated that their sexual organs and reproductive function were removed/destroyed. Their infertility is not due to a disease, it's due to an unnatural intervention that has left them without sexual reproductive organs. A "real" penis or vagina is one that developed naturally, an XX woman who was born infertile still has real female organs, they just have a disease rendering them non-functional.

    I do not disagree that someone should be allowed to have the surgery. I disagree with the idea that biologically the surgery changes someone's sex.

    Correct.

    If reproductive function is the qualification for "real" genitalia, then infertile or impotent men and women don't have "real" genitalia. That argument is absurd. Therefore, your argument is absurd.
    See above.
    I have specifically stated that sex includes DNA which means that I've done the exact opposite of what you are accusing me of. How dishonest. Your problem is that I'm not paying exclusive attention to genetics and that I'm not taking your word over the word surgeons who actually perform SRS. But like I said, if you have a better source than the actual surgeons who perform SRS, show me.
    So then were do genetics play a role? Is a man that has a vaginoplasty/labiaplasty now female by their biological sex? Your argument relies on aesthetics, how do you factor in DNA at all?

  2. #472
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And they say they don't suffer from psychiatric disorder.
    A disorder that makes them depressed? Yes. A disorder that makes them feel like the opposite sex? No.

  3. #473
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,670

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    It's possible she didn't want it public, but it just happened. It's a pretty big deal, apparently.

    As far as the children, well I think children are a lot more resilient than we give them credit for. It may **** with their heads for a while, but so would a death. So would a parent going to prison. So would finding out that your mom is a crack whore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  4. #474
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    It's possible she didn't want it public, but it just happened. It's a pretty big deal, apparently.

    As far as the children, well I think children are a lot more resilient than we give them credit for. It may **** with their heads for a while, but so would a death. So would a parent going to prison. So would finding out that your mom is a crack whore.
    She wrote a frickin' biography. It appears that it didn't "just happen"...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #475
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Things can be made public in lieu of a person's will for privacy.
    Well shes writing a book about her experiences and did an interview with Anderson Cooper so she probably doesnt care too much about her privacy.

  6. #476
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,670

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    She wrote a frickin' biography. It appears that it didn't "just happen"...
    Lighten up, Francis. Didn't know she'd written a book. I saw her on the Today Show the other day, and didn't want to read an entire 50 page thread.

    Maybe she :: wrote the book :: to empower others who might want to make the change. She knew she was going to get **** for it, but sometimes people do things for altruistic reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #477
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Lighten up, Francis. Didn't know she'd written a book. I saw her on the Today Show the other day, and didn't want to read an entire 50 page thread.

    Maybe she :: wrote the book :: to empower others who might want to make the change. She knew she was going to get **** for it, but sometimes people do things for altruistic reasons.
    I didn't mean to be harsh towards you, but it is also a possibility it was done to sell books...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #478
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,670

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I didn't mean to be harsh towards you, but it is also a possibility it was done to sell books...
    No worries, doll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  9. #479
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm guessing the dude is going to off himself if he doesn't get it done right now! Seriously, if that is his mindset there is no doubt he does have problems.
    Im not sure exactly what her age was when she started transition but knowing she spent 20 years in the military she had to be close to 40. How long do you want her to wait? To be honest I dont know how people manage to deal with it that for 40 years.

  10. #480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Okay, there's something wrong with you on this topic, Chris. I liked a post because most of it spoke to me. If you can't carry on a sensible conversation on this topic and understand that maybe, just maybe, you aren't looking at it as you would if it really happened to you and your family? Fine. And it's K. Not Kay.
    How do you figure? You are just being dishonest. Continue on.

    Of course I'm looking at it as if it really happened to me. WTF? I like kay better. Kay?

Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •