Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Nope, not at all. You just don't understand human constructs and so you define everything as a human construct.
    .

    Liberal thinking people can be anyone they want just by saying, aren't you aware of that?


  2. #382
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Since the start, my only argument has been that sex is more than just DNA.
    Right, and you are siting secondary characteristics that are dependent on genetic sex, that can simply be altered, to not conform with the biological sex

    This is the definition of sex from the source that you provided
    Right, it's cited the secondary characteristics that are dependent on and derived from genetic sex.

    see the mention of "sex linked characteristics "

    In a human, the normal chromosomes complement is 46, 44 of which are autosomes ***while 2 distinct chromosomes are deemed sex chromosomes, which determine the sex of an organism and various sex linked characteristics.
    we use those to determine sex because they are normally an outward expression of the possible xx and xy genetic pairing that determines sex. If you had a frog that visually looked female, it would not be female *if* genetic testing ultimately determined it was male.

    Hence, pointing to the normal outward expressions of genetic sex does not make an argument for those characteristics superseding genetic sex


    According to that definition, is sex more than just DNA? Yes or no.
    No, because those "characters and qualities" and "the physical distinction between male and female" are based on observational data of normal genetic expression of genetic sex.

    They do not supersede genetic sex, they are simply outward expressions of it

  3. #383
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    01-03-18 @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You might want to investigate. Recent theory is as I've explained it. Your last comment makes no sense to me btw.
    You would really need to think about it...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #384
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Nope, not at all. You just don't understand human constructs and so you define everything as a human construct.
    I understand find. We learn every day, and adjust according to our new understanding. To do this, we must invent, invent language, models, construct an understanding of the new information. It is not as subjective as critiquing the latest Star Trek movie, but it still requires human analysis and interpretation. A construct. Just your limited interpretation of biology is focused solely on the external, as if biology didn't effect what you can see. That s your construct if the word biology.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #385
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You would really need to think about it...
    Not getting it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Every post on here is either anecdotal or unsubstantiated unless it links to an expert citation. What do you think an opinion is all about?
    Experts huh. That usually means someone who agrees with my side while disagreeing with yours. Experts are bought and sold in courthouses all across American everyday.

  7. #387
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Experts huh. That usually means someone who agrees with my side while disagreeing with yours. Experts are bought and sold in courthouses all across American everyday.
    True, sadly. But it s still better to listen to some one who knows something than someone who really doesn't.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #388
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 04:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    What drives sexual development is not separate. As far as having a "sex change" where one attempts to say that they have changed their sex what is inaccurate is to only focus on how the external genitalia appear.
    I agree. When it comes to sex, it would be inaccurate to focus only on external genitalia just as it would be inaccurate to focus only on DNA. This is why I advocate acknowledging the totality of sex which includes genitalia, DNA and variety of other characteristics.

    Sexual characteristics do include physiological characteristics brought about by sexual development, but even so a transsexual person does not have the anatomical or physiological characteristics of their desired sex. A man that has surgery to change the penis and accompanying region to appear female does not have a vagina. What is created is not a vagina, but merely something that looks like one. The same is true for a FTM transsexual. Those created "organs" are aesthetic imitations. Physiologically their characteristics are still according to their birth sex, their body unaided by treatment will function as it does according to their birth sex and they will need to be on constant hormone therapy.
    This is inaccurate. The following are links to the sites of two doctors who perform SRS and they say that they create a vagina, labia, clitoris, et al. through surgery not "imitations" of those body parts. The problem is that you are defining genitalia in terms of their origins when genitalia are actually defined in terms of their structure regardless of their origins.

    Male to Female Gender Reassignment Surgery

    Other sources use the same language. Unless you have a source to demonstrate that these doctors who, unlike you, perform SRS are incorrect, then your argument holds no water.

    Let's go through this again:

    Does DNA determine sex? Yes, your genetic code contains the instructions for your sexual development. XY is male and XX is female.
    Are sexual organs part of what makes someone their sex? Yes, a MTF transsexual has a penis that has been surgically altered to look like a vagina, they do not have a vagina nor do they have female organs (uterus, ovaries, etc). A FTM transsexual still has a vagina that has been surgically altered to look like a penis, they do not have a penis nor do they have male sexual organs (prostate, testicles, etc). In both cases the natural sexual organs have been altered by surgery to appear different, but they are imitations of what is real as far as the opposite sex goes.
    See above.
    Last edited by digsbe; 06-10-13 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Innapropriate Link Removed

  9. #389
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,244
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I agree. When it comes to sex, it would be inaccurate to focus only on external genitalia just as it would be inaccurate to focus only on DNA. This is why I advocate acknowledging the totality of sex which includes genitalia, DNA and variety of other characteristics.


    This is inaccurate. The following are links to the sites of two doctors who perform SRS and they say that they create a vagina, labia, clitoris, et al. through surgery not "imitations" of those body parts. The problem is that you are defining genitalia in terms of their origins when genitalia are actually defined in terms of their structure regardless of their origins.

    Papillon Center - Dr. McGinn SRS, HRT, and Electrolysis
    Male to Female Gender Reassignment Surgery

    Other sources use the same language. Unless you have a source to demonstrate that these doctors who, unlike you, perform SRS are incorrect, then your argument holds no water.

    See above.
    It is not inaccurate to focus on DNA. Sorry you are incapable of understanding that simple undeniable truth.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #390
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 04:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Right, and you are siting secondary characteristics that are dependent on genetic sex, that can simply be altered, to not conform with the biological sex

    Right, it's cited the secondary characteristics that are dependent on and derived from genetic sex.

    see the mention of "sex linked characteristics "

    we use those to determine sex because they are normally an outward expression of the possible xx and xy genetic pairing that determines sex. If you had a frog that visually looked female, it would not be female *if* genetic testing ultimately determined it was male.

    Hence, pointing to the normal outward expressions of genetic sex does not make an argument for those characteristics superseding genetic sex

    No, because those "characters and qualities" and "the physical distinction between male and female" are based on observational data of normal genetic expression of genetic sex.

    They do not supersede genetic sex, they are simply outward expressions of it
    1. "Secondary characteristics", et al. are irrelevant to my argument as I have repeated. Again, you are attempting to direct the conversation towards a red herring. (By the way, genitalia are actually primary, not secondary sex characteristics, LOL - so you can't even get your red herring correct).

    2. So you are ignoring the definition of sex provided by your own source, then. That tells me all that I need to know about you, LOL. Have a nice night.

Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •