Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #351
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, but I can learn more about what makes up a human, and note that we are often more than one narrowly defined sex. Brain make up is different, largely made that way by the very DNA you speak of.
    Humans aren't asexual. I'm not a paper-hanger and even if I was, I sure as hell wouldn't have a degree in biology, but I do know that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #352
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Your DNA is what drives sexual development. In nearly every single case an embryo that inherits the X and Y chromosome will develop sexually as a male, this deviates only when an abnormality is present. Please note how I said people with health XY genetics (no abnormalities or fetal hormone problems) will develop male or female. People with genetic abnormalities may developed intersex or have abnormal sexual development. If you took a sample from a transsexual person their genetics (if they have a healthy genome) will state that they are the sex that they are born with. DNA is the backbone that pretty much determines everything physically about a person. The instructions for sexual development come from the DNA. A physiologically healthy male has a male body, that will not change.
    What drives sexual development is a separate issue from whether or not sex is exclusively genetic. Sex, contrary to your assertions and implications, is not exclusively genetic.

    You said, "Altering the body to aesthetically appear like the other sex does not change their sex." This is inaccurate. It is inaccurate because a person's sex includes their genitalia and other physiological characteristics - not just their DNA. Therefore, when they alter their genitalia, hormones, et al. during the sex change process, they are altering certain aspects of their sex even while the DNA aspect of their sex remains unchangeable.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Unless you are born a hermaphrodite, you are just what you are...
    No. There are likely markers on genes that emphasize some traits over others, as the theory goes. This some believe accounts for homosexuality as genetic orientation. It is also quite possible that this would genetically make one more female than male despite the physical appearance. You merely limit your biological definition to just what is obvious to YOU.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #354
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Humans aren't asexual. I'm not a paper-hanger and even if I was, I sure as hell wouldn't have a degree in biology, but I do know that much.
    Humans are everything on the spectrum, including some being rather asexual.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #355
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. There are likely markers on genes that emphasize some traits over others, as the theory goes. This some believe accounts for homosexuality as genetic orientation. It is also quite possible that this would genetically make one more female than male despite the physical appearance. You merely limit your biological definition to just what is obvious to YOU.
    Unless you are born a hermaphrodite, you are what you are. How you choose to live with that fact is certainly up to the individual...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #356
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're missing the point. And you didn't answer my question.
    You claimed humans were not animals. I know of no serious scientific work that would support this and have no inclinations to engage in debate on such a completely silly idea.

  7. #357
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Humans are everything on the spectrum, including some being rather asexual.
    Is this individual still on active duty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Unless you are born a hermaphrodite, you are what you are. How you choose to live with that fact is certainly up to the individual...
    I don't think your not understanding me. Who said anything about choice. Read it again and ask questions. I'll do my best to help you understand what I'm saying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #359
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    What drives sexual development is a separate issue from whether or not sex is exclusively genetic. Sex, contrary to your assertions and implications, is not exclusively genetic.
    You cited characteristics derived from genetic sex, that we can alter, as serving as indicators of sex. I just pointed out such indicators serve a secondary purpose to genetic testing and are only used based on their dependency on genetic sex

  10. #360
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't think your not understanding me. Who said anything about choice. Read it again and ask questions. I'll do my best to help you understand what I'm saying.
    Why not just tell me what you're saying?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •