Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm actually interested in what you are eluding to here.
    We think, have reason, fight biological instincts of all kinds, reach higher than just food and shelter, know compassion and hate and the difference. We're more complex, able to reach a higher plain. More than mere biology.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #332
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We think, have reason, fight biological instincts of all kinds, reach higher than just food and shelter, know compassion and hate and the difference. We're more complex, able to reach a higher plain. More than mere biology.
    but at the end of the day we are still animals ...

  3. #333
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    but at the end of the day we are still animals ...
    No. We're more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #334
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. We're more.
    No, we are still animals, biologically. You can claim we transcended such philosophically or even spiritually, but we are still biologically animals

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We think, have reason, fight biological instincts of all kinds, reach higher than just food and shelter, know compassion and hate and the difference. We're more complex, able to reach a higher plain. More than mere biology.
    Which has what to do with anything?

  6. #336
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    This, again, is inaccurate.

    The problem with your argument is that it limits sex to DNA. However, DNA is not the only thing that determines sex. DNA in addition to genitalia, reproductive organs, hormone levels and other aspects also determine the sex of an individual. You refuse to acknowledge this. You repeat the same argument in every thread about transgenderism and always refuse to acknowledge the above. It's time to stop.
    Your DNA is what drives sexual development. In nearly every single case an embryo that inherits the X and Y chromosome will develop sexually as a male, this deviates only when an abnormality is present. Please note how I said people with health XY genetics (no abnormalities or fetal hormone problems) will develop male or female. People with genetic abnormalities may developed intersex or have abnormal sexual development. If you took a sample from a transsexual person their genetics (if they have a healthy genome) will state that they are the sex that they are born with. DNA is the backbone that pretty much determines everything physically about a person. The instructions for sexual development come from the DNA. A physiologically healthy male has a male body, that will not change.
    Last edited by digsbe; 06-09-13 at 06:08 PM.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Scientifically, one's sex is determined by DNA. In a social, psychological or cosmetic construct, it may be determined by other factors. But one's DNA determines whether a human being was born male or female. All the surgeries, counseling, hormones, etc., etc., in the world don't change that.
    So. One day soon we will be able to change our genes. To reprogram ourselves. Until then there are hormone s and surgery.

  8. #338
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    So. One day soon we will be able to change our genes. To reprogram ourselves. Until then there are hormone s and surgery.
    Maybe change genes in a single cell embryo, but I highly doubt this will happen for adults. Changing someone's genetics may kill them, it will kill someone if you introduce an extra X or delete every Y chromosome in someone, their body will not adjust, especially to the extra X.

    Even so, someone born male or female and then changing all of their genes would not likely physiologically change them. The penis would not turn into a vagina and the testes would not become ovaries, those organs have differentiated during fetal development and likely could not revert back and then go through development again because the genetics in an adult were changed.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, we are still animals, biologically. You can claim we transcended such philosophically or even spiritually, but we are still biologically animals
    How do you know the word biology? Can my dog explain biology?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #340
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Which has what to do with anything?
    The very concept of biology is human. We learn, adjust, redefine. Even biology is a human construct.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •