Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    You assume it is not deliberate and ideological.
    It has nothing to do with my ideology, but with facts. A man is a man and can never not be a man. Facts are just bothering people in this debate for some reason.

  2. #22
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why do people continue to believe they can change sexes? Are people really this stupid?
    You would be surprised to see how often it actually works to the extent that people, when faced with an individual that blurs gender categories or switches, leads society to actually wonder which sex they "truly" are. So, in that sense, yes, you can change your sex.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 06-08-13 at 05:53 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    You would be surprised to see how often it actually works to the extent that people, when faced with an individual that blurs gender categories or switches, leads society to actually wonder which gender they "truly" are. So, in that sense, yes, you can change your sex.
    I don't even..

    You can change your gender due to it being a word defined by society, but you can not change your sex since it is defined by genetics.

    Please do not think you can just mindlessly blend the two together and I won't notice.

  4. #24
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't even..

    You can change your gender due to it being a word defined by society, but you can not change your sex since it is defined by genetics.
    They can change as much as possible, leading to a new identity. You had trouble at that starting point.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #25
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post

    Please do not think you can just mindlessly blend the two together and I won't notice.
    You live in an age when the blurring is more possible than in centuries past. Gender analysis has moved beyond bi-polar realities.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #26
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why do people continue to believe they can change sexes? Are people really this stupid?
    It's not changing sex. It's fixing her outsides to match her insides.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You know what bugs me, really? I'm supposed to accept people for who they are, but when it comes to this topic everyone wants me to accept people for who they are not.
    And the point is that she actually is female. That is who she is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It has nothing to do with my ideology, but with facts. A man is a man and can never not be a man. Facts are just bothering people in this debate for some reason.
    Right, and despite all the things trying to make this woman be a man, she cannot. Because she isn't a man.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    They can change as much as possible, leading to a new identity. You had trouble at that starting point.
    There is no starting point. You're entire argument was fail. You just think I care what what some freely defined word means and I don't. I care for facts and the fact is the dude is a dude.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    It's not changing sex. It's fixing her outsides to match her insides.
    Yes, that meaningless crap.


    And the point is that she actually is female. That is who she is.
    You can define the word gender however you want. I really don't care and it changes nothing.

    Right, and despite all the things trying to make this woman be a man, she cannot. Because she isn't a man.
    Nope, he was a man before and he will be a man when he finishes it all up. Nothing will change.

    The shear denial in on this topic is really bizarre. I'm out.

  9. #29
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    There is no starting point. You're entire argument was fail. You just think I care what what some freely defined word means and I don't. I care for facts and the fact is the dude is a dude.
    You just spent time arguing about what a term means. You do care. Lastly, you do not care for facts, but rather the interpretation of supposed facts. The interpretation you have is that despite whatever changes this individual makes to their appearance, mannerisms, or lifestyle, that person is fixed in one of two categories. That isn't a fact so much as a constructed meaning from characteristics, while you ignore the others and potentially downplay others.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    You just spent time arguing about what a term means. You do care. Lastly, you do not care for facts, but rather the interpretation of supposed facts. The interpretation you have is that despite whatever changes this individual makes to their appearance, mannerisms, or lifestyle, that person is fixed in one of two categories. That isn't a fact so much as a constructed meaning from characteristics, while you ignore the others and potentially downplay others.
    Dude, just stop failing. To say that taking hormones and inverting your dick while doing Frankenstein work changes your sex is being ignorant of biology. You're wrong and you can either get to understanding that or stay in denial over this fact.

    Lastly, your idea you can use the term gender to redefine science is so freaking wrong there is really no reason to even explain it. Just a good something to laugh at really.
    Last edited by Henrin; 06-08-13 at 06:15 PM.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •