Page 16 of 78 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #151
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    NO one said anything about hating. He or she should have never had children to begin with then. Just a covering up his OWN lies and using children and a family to do so. If he lived a lie, then he has no one but himself to blame.
    I don't think it necessarily has to be a lie, in the sense they're trying to deceive someone else. Sometimes it takes someone time to except the truth about themselves or even recognize what that truth is. I've seen this for myself.

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    It does matter-but you can stop taking that stuff and you revert to total Man
    And that does not matter, and not really true. Breasts just don't go away.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #153
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Can this Navy Seal be our own Navy Pride!?
    Navy Pride is better than that.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I don't think it necessarily has to be a lie. Sometimes it takes someone some time to except the truth about themselves. I've seen this for myself.
    Okay, that's fine. But the sympathy doesn't all go to him. He isn't the only one who suffers, and HE is the cause of other's suffering, whether purposefully or not, AND since he already had children, he could at least wait until they are grown and deal with it like an adult until they are old enough to understand. I mean really, a lot of adults don't even understand this kind of thing.

  5. #155
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,730

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So living a lie, and being miserable is okay? How is that good for your children?

    I just don't understand how people can be so hateful towards people who are just trying to live their lives and be happy. Makes me lose faith in humanity.
    I actually agree with most of this. If the person in question wants to live like a woman, that is fine with me. I am not going to damn them-as I have noted in the past, one of my closest friends in HS (never saw that coming) changed his name had total reassignment surgery. I am still this person's friend. doesn't bother me a bit. But I get tired of the PC crap that the left throws around. at what point in your mind does the person become a she?



  6. #156
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,870

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Navy Pride is better than that.
    No he is not.

    Besides, I read it in an email, which makes it Gospel.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #157
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,730

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And that does not matter, and not really true. Breasts just don't go away.
    nor do penises



  8. #158
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, that's fine. But the sympathy doesn't all go to him. He isn't the only one who suffers, and HE is the cause of other's suffering, whether purposefully or not, AND since he already had children, he could at least wait until they are grown and deal with it like an adult until they are old enough to understand. I mean really, a lot of adults don't even understand this kind of thing.
    You are assuming that her children will suffer because of this, which couldn't be further from the truth. Kids understand some things way better than adults it seems, and I'm sure they will have little problem accepting her as mom.

    This is what bigotry looks like, and it's ugly.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #159
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I actually agree with most of this. If the person in question wants to live like a woman, that is fine with me. I am not going to damn them-as I have noted in the past, one of my closest friends in HS (never saw that coming) changed his name had total reassignment surgery. I am still this person's friend. doesn't bother me a bit. But I get tired of the PC crap that the left throws around. at what point in your mind does the person become a she?
    They were always a she, gender is in the mind, not the body. All they are doing is changing their body to match who they really are, it's that simple. You may not accept that, but that doesn't change the facts of the matter.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,917

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So living a lie, and being miserable is okay? How is that good for your children?

    I just don't understand how people can be so hateful towards people who are just trying to live their lives and be happy. Makes me lose faith in humanity.
    No, living a lie isn't necessarily good for children. It's also not necessarily bad. Parents make heroic sacrifices for their kids every day.

    There is no pretending that someone who is married and a father or mother who undergoes sexual reassignment is going to wreak havoc in the lives of his or her family. That's a fact, a painful one.

    And it's why I have such tremendous empathy for those who believe they are trapped in the wrong body. As I've said, I cannot imagine the conflict and the suffering. I am absolutely willing to accept any person I meet at face-value. But let's not pretend that marriages and families and friendships aren't destroyed by this momentous decision.

Page 16 of 78 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •