Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 779

Thread: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181, 607]

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Don't you think it would be better that they receive therapy to be able to "live" so to speak with their condition? Just because they have a sex change operation doesn't mean they magically turn into a beautiful lady, obviously.

  2. #112
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I believe he wants to be called Hobbes. J/k, I have no idea. I do agree there are two separate issues at play in this thread. One is whether sex reassignment surgery literally does change a persons sex and the other is whether or not to refer to someone in a particular way regardless of whether you believe a persons sex has actually been changed.

    You don't have to reply to that, CC. I just think this thread is really interesting.
    How many people do you do gene testing on? Which affects you and them more, the presence of a y chromosome, or how they look and act?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Captain doubles down on delusion.
    Keep in mind he is talking about the word gender. There is plenty of problems with this argument on that standing alone. I am entirely sure he knows this however.

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I believe he wants to be called Hobbes. J/k, I have no idea. I do agree there are two separate issues at play in this thread. One is whether sex reassignment surgery literally does change a persons sex and the other is whether or not to refer to someone in a particular way regardless of whether you believe a persons sex has actually been changed.

    You don't have to reply to that, CC. I just think this thread is really interesting.
    What you bring up ARE two different issues, though. The research on transgenderism and the biological causes is still fairly new. The impact of the BSTc neurons was discovered in 1996, I think. Since our understanding of the brain is still sparse... as is our understanding of the causes of sexuality, though I abscribe to the direction that the current research is going... for a variety of research based reasons, it is not conclusive. It does, however, dispel the "delusion" theory, as does other information. Doesn't mean anyone needs to believe it or accept it, similar to theories on ANYTHING.

    However, using the pronouns requested by the transgendered person is polite... similar to calling you by the name you wish to be called. Two different issues, and being polite has nothing to do with one's belief system. I often wish Christians "Merry Christmas" even though I'm Jewish. Same concept.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #115
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    He's a dude. Period. And all the guys on this thread being PC and pretending otherwise would be singing a different tune if they went on a date with this "chick" and reached down "her" pants and got a big surprise.

  6. #116
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Don't you think it would be better that they receive therapy to be able to "live" so to speak with their condition?
    That would be unethical unless the individual chooses this direction. Also, research shows that doing so has been completely unsuccessful. Btw... Gender Identity Disorder (Transgenderism in psychological terminology) was just declassified as a disorder in the new DSM-V.

    Just because they have a sex change operation doesn't mean they magically turn into a beautiful lady, obviously.
    Perhaps not beautiful, but from the standpoint of everything except for DNA, it does.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Captain doubles down on delusion.
    Do you plan on adding anything pertinent to the discussion? Thus far you haven't so, I'm wondering.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That term is pointless. What they are doing is presenting themselves as the opposite sex, and I'm sorry, but it's a lie.
    So. Why do you care and wish people misery

  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Keep in mind he is talking about the word gender. There is plenty of problems with this argument on that standing alone. I am entirely sure he knows this however.
    Really? We've already seen that your ability to mind read is pretty bad. Tell us what I believe, Henrin.

    This should be good.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out[W:181]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    So. Why do you care and wish people misery
    Misery??

Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •