Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 368

Thread: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    O has had four years to refute what you characterize as misinformation. There's a good reason that Sarah Palin's term "death panels" has stuck.
    the reason it has stuck is that anyone who thinks Sarah Palin is qualified to be president will believe just about anything ... Has it stuck among the sane segment of our society? No, it hasn't, including among those who re-elected him ... They didn't seem too concerned about the death panels, or that he was really a Kenyan, or that he wasn't born here, or that he is a Muslim, etc., etc. ....

    these are the same folks represented here no doubt ...

    From a ‘birther’ poll: 6% of Americans don’t think Hawaii’s a state, and 4% aren’t sure

    1:53 pm August 19, 2009, by jgalloway


    Public Policy Polling of North Carolina has taken a deeper look at the “birther” movement with a nationwide poll just out this afternoon.

    According to PPP, 62 percent of Americans think President Barack Obama was born here, 24 percent say he wasn’t, and 14 percent aren’t sure.

    Among the doubters: 6 percent who are willing to concede that Obama was born in Hawaii, but don’t think Hawaii is part of the United States. Another 4 percent are unsure of Hawaii’s status in the Union.

    In other words, one-fourth of those who have questions about Obama’s origins aren’t sure why we have a 50th star on the American flag.

  2. #342
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    O.K., O.K. ... I lied ... this is an excerpt from the article I recommended ...

    Here are a few examples of Obama's effective conservatism:


    His stimulus bill was half the size that his advisers thought necessary;
    He continued Bush’s war and national security policies without change and even retained Bush’s defense secretary;
    He put forward a health plan almost identical to those that had been supported by Republicans such as Mitt Romney in the recent past, pointedly rejecting the single-payer option favored by liberals;
    He caved to conservative demands that the Bush tax cuts be extended without getting any quid pro quo whatsoever;
    And in the past few weeks he has supported deficit reductions that go far beyond those offered by Republicans.


    Read more at Barack Obama: The Democrats
    This isn't evidence that he's conservative, it's evidence that he's ineffective. And how exactly was Bubba supposed to be to O's left???
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  3. #343
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, there is no good nor valid nor even honest reason for the death Panel so much as mentioned let alone sticking. Period.
    Sure there is. It rang a bell. You know that even if you can't admit it.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Right, O-care isn't what you wanted, therefore the Democratic majority couldn't pass anything. If only! And they passed legislation relating to Gitmo, too!
    Pay attention. It is even what they wanted. Again, they wanted the public option. Where s it?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInternet View Post
    Interesting, but he's stretching hard. He is comparing Obama to the RINOs, then declaring Obama a "centrist".

    Calling ocare "conservative" bc of the mandate requires personal responsibility doesn't work. A true conservative position is getting gov out of healthcare, not increasing gov's role in healthcare. Forcing people to purchase government subsidized healthcare is about the furthest thing possible from conservative ideology. Sure, if Mitt Romney is the standard for "conservative", the author has a point.

    With the economic issues, the author is doing the same thing. Comparing Obama to RINOs.



    Really?? The $850 bil stimulus package "drew on many conservative ideas"?

    The author also doesn't take into account the GOP controlled house Obama has dealt with for more than half his term. He also omits the gov takeover of US corporations. Which dem presidents have done that?

    I'd really like to see the methods in which the author quantifies the data.
    Do more research on it ... my point is that positing that Obama is the most liberal president ever is a tad over the top ... perhaps you and WP would like to spell out, with concrete examples) why he is more liberal than the six presidents (let's include Roosevelt) who preceded him ... show me the data ...

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    This isn't evidence that he's conservative, it's evidence that he's ineffective. And how exactly was Bubba supposed to be to O's left???
    and here I thought I could have a reasonable conversation with you ... have a good night ... I'm packing it in for the night ... take care ...

  7. #347
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    the reason it has stuck is that anyone who thinks Sarah Palin is qualified to be president will believe just about anything ... Has it stuck among the sane segment of our society? No, it hasn't, including among those who re-elected him ... They didn't seem too concerned about the death panels, or that he was really a Kenyan, or that he wasn't born here, or that he is a Muslim, etc., etc. ....

    these are the same folks represented here no doubt ...

    From a ‘birther’ poll: 6% of Americans don’t think Hawaii’s a state, and 4% aren’t sure

    1:53 pm August 19, 2009, by jgalloway


    Public Policy Polling of North Carolina has taken a deeper look at the “birther” movement with a nationwide poll just out this afternoon.

    According to PPP, 62 percent of Americans think President Barack Obama was born here, 24 percent say he wasn’t, and 14 percent aren’t sure.

    Among the doubters: 6 percent who are willing to concede that Obama was born in Hawaii, but don’t think Hawaii is part of the United States. Another 4 percent are unsure of Hawaii’s status in the Union.

    In other words, one-fourth of those who have questions about Obama’s origins aren’t sure why we have a 50th star on the American flag.
    I'd really like to see this questionnaire.

    Americans are pretty stupid in general. Without any baseline from the 62 percent who think he is US born, its hard to draw any conclusions. I'd be willing to bet a similar portion of that group doesn't know if Hawaii is part of the Union or not.

    How Ignorant Are Americans? - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

    6% of people don't know when Independence Day is. 29% don't know who the VP is. We're dumb people.

  8. #348
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pay attention. It is even what they wanted. Again, they wanted the public option. Where s it?
    Dozens of them wanted no bill at all, but most of them voted for it anyway and, as a result, have returned to private practice.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInternet View Post
    I'd really like to see this questionnaire.

    Americans are pretty stupid in general. Without any baseline from the 62 percent who think he is US born, its hard to draw any conclusions. I'd be willing to bet a similar portion of that group doesn't know if Hawaii is part of the Union or not.

    How Ignorant Are Americans? - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

    6% of people don't know when Independence Day is. 29% don't know who the VP is. We're dumb people.
    we have one of the most uninformed electorates in the world I bet ... on that note, good night ...

  10. #350
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Dozens of them wanted no bill at all, but most of them voted for it anyway and, as a result, have returned to private practice.
    So you acknowledge disagreement. That's a start. If they were what you claim, Gitmo would be closed, we'd have the public option, and our troops would be home.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •