Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 368

Thread: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, that's just silly. You really want hundreds if names?
    No, jut the names of those who "didn't actually read the NIE. They took the briefings as the gospel", as per your claim.

    No, read his speech. The facts are the facts.
    Read what Kerry said? And you believe John Kerry is well acquainted with the facts? The record speaks for itself. Thats where the facts are, unless you can prove otherwise.

    Everyone should have voted no, but lets not pretend he didn't do exactly what he sad he'd do.
    He voted yes, along with the majority. He turned squirmy, and against his own country, later.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    I'm not saying a word about Romney's previous political record. I'm not trying to defend his credibility in general. I am saying that, precisely due to his weak credibility, Romney had no choice but to issue unambiguous and unconditional promises to repeal Obamacare, promises so strong that to renege would mean the instantaneous implosion of his administration.
    What "weak credibility"?

    We know it was Obama who lied continuously, who had to use a teleprompter, and still keeps lying. And you say it was Romney with the credibility problems? Is that what was being said around the Kool Aid Konvention?

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Right, no one on the left ever claimed that O could move the masses with his eloquence.

    Come to think of it, it's been so long since he's made even a minimally adequate speech on any subject, we all HAVE forgotten, haven't we?
    They lost his teleprompter, which is why his "Czars" wouldn't let him comment on Benghazi.

  4. #254
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    I'm not saying a word about Romney's previous political record. I'm not trying to defend his credibility in general. I am saying that, precisely due to his weak credibility, Romney had no choice but to issue unambiguous and unconditional promises to repeal Obamacare, promises so strong that to renege would mean the instantaneous implosion of his administration.
    There is no way to implode an administration once it takes office and breaks its promises. That's why sensible people imploded him before get got past the front door.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    There is no way to implode an administration once it takes office and breaks its promises.
    Tell that to Bush '41.

  6. #256
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Delusional ramblings and hypothetical constructs are not condusive to a objective debate over the issues.

    You, who support a corrupt ideology we are all now witnessing the failure of can't possibly be taken seriously anymore.

    Youv'e lost your credibillity.
    I didn't expect such a complete surrender in your part.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    That's right. Conservative blogs and Foxnews carry more influence than the President of the United States!
    You're shocked by this? Misinformation rules this country.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    The nearly three thousand pages were published less than 72 hours before final passage. Much of the language had never been vetted in committee mark-up sessions. For over three years unpleasant, previously overlooked provisions have popped up on nearly a weekly basis. You are the one who is blindly buying rhetoric and spin.
    Again you don't think they share information? Really? You guys are funny.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Do we think Nancy Pelosi is representative???????????????????
    Of the whole? This isn't difficult.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Romney had unequivocally committed himself to repeal.
    Sure he had. Candidates never ever lie.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •