Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 368

Thread: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

  1. #131
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I brought supported statistical facts and you brought your abject hatred of Americans. I like my odds in this discussion.
    No, he pointed out that demographics of your party vote in lock-step, which skews the overall numbers. Lemmings don't ask questions, they just do as their told.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I brought supported statistical facts and you brought your abject hatred of Americans. I like my odds in this discussion.
    No, you brought up BS and flawed logic. Its not Gerrymandering that elected a Republican majority. For starters, the GOP controls 30 state houses and legislatures, does it not ?

    Its real simple. You have urban districts that vote 95% liberal, and suburban and rural districts that vote 60% Conservative. Now if you can get the parasites to make something of themselves, and move out into the county, then you can legitimately try to tip that balance. Except for one problem ... when folks start to become self-sufficient, they tend to not be so liberal anymore.

    Look at any red-blue map of votes by precinct. Heck, lets take my state, Florida. Obama wins 12 counties. Romney over 50. Obama wins the state because he carried the major urban centers. The parasite hubs.

    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 06-10-13 at 06:23 PM.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    It's also difficult to counter Chicken Little approaches. What specifically do you object to?
    I guess if your one that believes there is an endless supply of money, Obamacare is all OK. However for those of us who see a 17 trillion dollar debt and growing by a trillion dollars a year a real problem.

    How about costing the tax payer a trillion dollars over the next ten years. If that is not bad enough many states are now predicting their citizens insurance premiums are going to up as much as 146%. But hey, it's all good to give all the entitlements, nannies and all the freebies you want as long as the money doesn't run out. There are many that believe there is no bottom to the money pit. But when you read below people have real concerns and worry about cost.

    Poll: 61 Percent of Americans Predict Obamacare Will Increase Costs - Guy Benson

    Ohio Dept. Of Insurance: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Health Premiums By 88 Percent - Forbes

    Obamacare: Krugman

    Insurance Premiums a Mixed Bag under Obamacare
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  4. #134
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I guess if your one that believes there is an endless supply of money, Obamacare is all OK. However for those of us who see a 17 trillion dollar debt and growing by a trillion dollars a year a real problem.

    How about costing the tax payer a trillion dollars over the next ten years. If that is not bad enough many states are now predicting their citizens insurance premiums are going to up as much as 146%. But hey, it's all good to give all the entitlements, nannies and all the freebies you want as long as the money doesn't run out. There are many that believe there is no bottom to the money pit. But when you read below people have real concerns and worry about cost.

    Poll: 61 Percent of Americans Predict Obamacare Will Increase Costs - Guy Benson

    Ohio Dept. Of Insurance: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Health Premiums By 88 Percent - Forbes

    Obamacare: Krugman

    Insurance Premiums a Mixed Bag under Obamacare
    I Googled 146% rate increase and was taken to an article about California's exchange premiums. I quickly admit my error, as that kind of increase is astronomical. The fact that it's hard numbers can't be disputed. We're in for a rough ride. I now agree.

    I still believe we need universal healthcare, however. Hopefully, they can tweak Obamacare and bring these costs down. It's not easy to do because there are no exclusions allowed for pre-existing conditions. Still, every American deserves to be able to purchase healthcare insurance. Perhaps it will become more affordable....?? It has stifled our economy quite long enough.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #135
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I Googled 146% rate increase and was taken to an article about California's exchange premiums. I quickly admit my error, as that kind of increase is astronomical. The fact that it's hard numbers can't be disputed. We're in for a rough ride. I now agree.

    I still believe we need universal healthcare, however. Hopefully, they can tweak Obamacare and bring these costs down. It's not easy to do because there are no exclusions allowed for pre-existing conditions. Still, every American deserves to be able to purchase healthcare insurance. Perhaps it will become more affordable....?? It has stifled our economy quite long enough.
    If you forget what you Googled, just message the NSA and one of their analysts will assist you.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #136
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    If you forget what you Googled, just message the NSA and one of their analysts will assist you.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #137
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I Googled 146% rate increase and was taken to an article about California's exchange premiums. I quickly admit my error, as that kind of increase is astronomical. The fact that it's hard numbers can't be disputed. We're in for a rough ride. I now agree.

    I still believe we need universal healthcare, however. Hopefully, they can tweak Obamacare and bring these costs down. It's not easy to do because there are no exclusions allowed for pre-existing conditions. Still, every American deserves to be able to purchase healthcare insurance. Perhaps it will become more affordable....?? It has stifled our economy quite long enough.
    Maggie, with all good intentions, there is a price to pay. I am not against taking care of our own, far from it, but it has to be in a way we can afford. With 17 trillion in debt and growing by a trillion a year that is a horrendous problem. A family may think they deserve a rib-I steak ever Monday and Lobster on Tuesday and so on, but that is not reality for some and the same applies to the tax payer. Some say healthcare is a "right" you say they "deserve" and I say we'll do the very best we can with what we got. Right now we don't have much, in fact it's just the opposite we have a huge debt and have no way to even balance the budget let alone reduce it. All anyone talks about is maybe we can reduce the deficit, huh. Reduce the deficit from 1.2 trillion a yr to 1.1 trillion yr. we are really gaining on it. Yet we keep adding more entitlements and just like you said, because there are no exclusion allowed for pre-existing conditions it's not easy to reduce rising cost."

    The result of all this is, rising debt, rising cost to every family and lower take home pay after taxes. The middle class is getting hammered.

    Ever sense Obama took office his priority should have been how to create jobs, lots of jobs. Jobs equals prosperity for all, but no he was interested in Obamacare, regulation, killing pipelines, war on oil, now immigration. It's never been about jobs, so we sit with a huge debt and growing, high unemployment, higher cost of healthcare and less take home pay after higher taxes. All is good...............
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  8. #138
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Actually, the concept of reforming healthcare is central to the issue of the national debt, budget deficits, and employment.

    Obama just started with the hard, long term stuff first.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #139
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Actually, the concept of reforming healthcare is central to the issue of the national debt, budget deficits, and employment.

    Obama just started with the hard, long term stuff first.
    Why start with a scheme guaranteed to bust the budget and discourage employment? You know, much of the public seems to have figured this out.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  10. #140
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, he pointed out that demographics of your party vote in lock-step, which skews the overall numbers. Lemmings don't ask questions, they just do as their told.
    No, he made a stupid broad sweeping troll statement based out of his arse where he then calls people "parasites" merely because they don't vote like him. Basically playing the hand that when Americans don't agree with him then he hates those Americans.
    Last edited by poweRob; 06-10-13 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •