Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 368

Thread: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

  1. #121
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    That approval rating is going to go up as soon as people understand how it's going to effect them. Our government has done a piss-poor job of bringin' it on home.
    New Rates come out this fall. I'm thinking you may have mis-predicted that direction of movement.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Thanks to gerrymandering because the Dems got 1.4 million more vote than the GOP did for house seats. So dems made much progress with the people but that doesn't matter though with the districts carved up like they are. So much for representation.

    Democrats received 1.4 million more votes for the House of Representatives, yet Republicans won control of the House by a 234 to 201 margin.

    link...
    Gerrymandering my ass. You've got urban centers that vote 99% Dem, because liberalism has turned those urban areas into cesspools of parasites.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    New Rates come out this fall. I'm thinking you may have mis-predicted that direction of movement.
    Yes.

    Ohio Dept. of Insurance: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Health Premiums By 88 Percent

    Democrats continue to try to dismiss the evidence that Obamacare will dramatically increase the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own. But on Thursday, the Ohio Department of Insurance announced that, based on the rates submitted by insurers to date, the average individual-market health insurance premium in 2014 will come in around $420, “representing an increase of 88 percent” relative to 2013. “We have warned of these increases,” said Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor in a statement. “Consumers will have fewer choices and pay much higher premiums for their health insurance starting in 2014.”

    Ohio Dept. of Insurance: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Health Premiums By 88 Percent - Forbes
    Before its over, only those 40 million or so who won't be paying a penny for their newfound Obama free-stuff will be supporting this.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Maybe you should ask a person and respond to that person, instead if generic stereotypical liberals.

    Look, we pay more than anyone in the world right now, and with less than stellar access. We could adopt any number of different single payer systems and pay less. Paying less is saving money and not spending more. That is a clear answer.
    So you say, but your liberal friends (not one republican vote) came up with Obamacare, and that is not saving anyone a dime, in fact it is a disaster and is going to cost a trillion over ten yrs not save us a dime.

    So I say again, liberals think there is an endless supply of money, and only want to enact more entitlements, nannies and freebies for their own selfish wants. Be damned if their great grand kids have to pay for it. But they won't pay for it, they will be so engrained in entitlements themselves.

    Record numbers on food stamps of over 47 million people. And this is after 4.5 yrs of Obama's policies.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  5. #125
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    That approval rating is going to go up as soon as people understand how it's going to effect them. Our government has done a piss-poor job of bringin' it on home.
    No one is buying that pitch. It's hard to sell a broken car.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #126
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    No one is buying that pitch. It's hard to sell a broken car.
    It's also difficult to counter Chicken Little approaches. What specifically do you object to?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #127
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    So you say, but your liberal friends (not one republican vote) came up with Obamacare, and that is not saving anyone a dime, in fact it is a disaster and is going to cost a trillion over ten yrs not save us a dime.

    So I say again, liberals think there is an endless supply of money, and only want to enact more entitlements, nannies and freebies for their own selfish wants. Be damned if their great grand kids have to pay for it. But they won't pay for it, they will be so engrained in entitlements themselves.

    Record numbers on food stamps of over 47 million people. And this is after 4.5 yrs of Obama's policies.
    As noted earlier, yes, there have been real and promising cost saving efforts. So, you're a bit inaccurate in your hyperbole. It isn't perfect. Not even close, but it isn't what some of you pretend it is.

    Also, votes aside, the ideas are largely republican. This is merely a fact. Nothing more. Once republicans and tea party idiots poisoned the well, destroying honest discourse, democrats mistakenly thought adopting republican ideas would smooth that silliness over. They were wrong. The over the top hatred of Obama continued to feed irrational nonsense. It's time to stop with the misinformation and actually go to wrk, republican and democrat alike.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    New Rates come out this fall. I'm thinking you may have mis-predicted that direction of movement.
    Do you mean insurance rates? We've already been notified here of what is coming, and it will be for us the lowest increase in a decade. There are fee issues, but even if we count those as premiums, it won't match the hike we got two years before Obama was elected. Maybe you just read too much hyperbolic silliness?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #129
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Gerrymandering my ass. You've got urban centers that vote 99% Dem, because liberalism has turned those urban areas into cesspools of parasites.
    I brought supported statistical facts and you brought your abject hatred of Americans. I like my odds in this discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Health care law's unpopularity reaches new highs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    It's also difficult to counter Chicken Little approaches. What specifically do you object to?
    Maggie, the whole thing is put together with masking tape and Elmer's, and the cost for most everyone is going to go up.

    They're campaigning for donations for crying out loud. It was rushed, poorly conceived, and completely poltically motivated.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •