Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 659

Thread: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily [W:452]

  1. #471
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Washington DC
    Last Seen
    12-29-14 @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily [W:452]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    A " majority " of our electorate supported Obama.

    So what.

    It's apparent the majority " have slipped the surly bonds of " common sense and have defined our path.

    A reality of a desperatly sick economy and a long list of scandals.
    Hmmmm. Yeah, well that's Democracy. I suppose "common sense" was voting for Monsieur Romney? Well, Americans had the chance to vote for the Republican vision...AND WE SAID NO! I look forward to a reformed Republican party....the one I use to support before the GOP became radicalized and out of touch.
    It is ideas, not vested interests, which are dangerous for good or evil. - John Maynard Keynes

  2. #472
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily [W:452]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The majority of republicans, that is

    Terrorism (4)
    considering the author of the bill that started all of this now claims the Patriot Act has been twisted above and beyond its original intent, I think its safe to make distinctions now.

    Its disengenous to call this " Bush's Patriot Act ".

  3. #473
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily [W:452]

    Quote Originally Posted by ProNos View Post
    Hmmmm. Yeah, well that's Democracy. I
    suppose "common sense" was voting for Monsieur Romney? Well, Americans had the chance to vote for the Republican vision...AND WE SAID NO! I look forward to a reformed Republican party....the one I use to support before the GOP became radicalized and out of touch.
    "Democracy" is when you sic the IRS on your political opponents ?

    Really ?

    Sure Romney wasn't my first choice but had he been elected we wouldn't be solely depending on our FED to prop up the entird economy by now.

    Because....he knew at least, what he was doing.

  4. #474
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily [W:452]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    considering the author of the bill that started all of this now claims the Patriot Act has been twisted above and beyond its original intent, I think its safe to make distinctions now.

    Its disengenous to call this " Bush's Patriot Act ".
    Umm, since the poll question doesn't ask about the Patriot Act, and since the question dealt with bush*'s WARRANTLESS spying on americans, your post is the disingenuous one.
    "After 9/11, President Bush authorized government wiretaps on some phone calls in the U.S. without getting court warrants, saying this was necessary in order to reduce the threat of terrorism. Do you approve or disapprove of the President doing this?"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #475
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,733

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily

    Quote Originally Posted by ProNos View Post
    Yeah, and if you're doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. As for the 4th Amendment and this situation, you are absolutely wrong. The government CAN track WHO you call/dial if they need to WITHOUT a warrant. SCOTUS has already ruled on that.

    In Smith v. Maryland , the Supreme Court held that there’s no reasonable expectation of privacy, and thus no Fourth Amendment protection, for the phone numbers people dial (as distinct from the content of the call), because the number dialed is information you voluntarily share with the phone company to complete the call and for billing purposes.
    That is what the Nazis said.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily [W:452]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    "Democracy" is when you sic the IRS on your political opponents ?

    Really ?

    Sure Romney wasn't my first choice but had he been elected we wouldn't be solely depending on our FED to prop up the entird economy by now.

    Because....he knew at least, what he was doing.
    Trying to blame Bush for Obama's fascism is pathetic and desperate

    Anyone defending Obama and still blame Bush here is defending Obama vastly expanding this program to create a domestic police state. The Government doesn't have a right to do this. Period. The problem is both Bush and Obama. They stand for Big Government. This is what happens when you hand your power over to Big Government. The people in charge abuse their power. It's just human nature. The founders understood this which is why The Constitution is not a document that grants rights. It's a document that limits the power of Government.

    If you're blaming Bush you are part of the problem. Not the solution.

  7. #477
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily

    Quote Originally Posted by ProNos View Post
    Yeah, and if you're doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. As for the 4th Amendment and this situation, you are absolutely wrong. The government CAN track WHO you call/dial if they need to WITHOUT a warrant. SCOTUS has already ruled on that.

    In Smith v. Maryland , the Supreme Court held that there’s no reasonable expectation of privacy, and thus no Fourth Amendment protection, for the phone numbers people dial (as distinct from the content of the call), because the number dialed is information you voluntarily share with the phone company to complete the call and for billing purposes.
    But that's not all they're recording. More importantly is that you come across as a civil rights hater. What's up with that?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily [W:452]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Umm, since the poll question doesn't ask about the Patriot Act, and since the question dealt with bush*'s
    WARRANTLESS spying on americans, your post is the disingenuous one.
    Meh, it's the same thing. Obama being judged retroactively by the lefts perceptions of Bush.

    A huge generic broadbrush that tosses out specifics as irrelevancies and wants everyone to focus only on the aspects that make Conservatives look like hypocrites.

    This is Obama's baby, ( he could have stopped it ) and given his appointments and the latest on the IRS targeting, I don't think anyone believes he's doing this in the interest of National Security.

    He's doing it to punish his " enemies ".

    It's J.Edgar Hoover on steroids with a good mix of Jimmy Carter all over again.

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That is what the Nazis said.
    Or, better yet, that was how Conservatives sold America on the Patriot Act........................

  10. #480
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Or, better yet, that was how Conservatives sold America on the Patriot Act........................
    Show me. I know I never said that.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •