Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79

Thread: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

  1. #61
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,283

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Wiki has footnotes you can check.
    Why should I do your research for you ?

    Your'e a big boy aren't you ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  2. #62
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,040

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Why should I do your research for you ?

    Your'e a big boy aren't you ?
    He did the research. He gave you a link that is backed up by footnotes. That you don't want to read them is actually you not doing your homework... big boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    As you say, there are numerous differences. Another seeming difference is one was confined to seemingly White House staff while the other seems to have the potential to span multiple executive agencies across the government and possible attempts to stifle or slow the disclosure of information (the exorbidant price from one agency, 10 others dragging their feet, etc). Just as someone may have found the Bush issue to be a problem but this one not so much, others could perhaps feel that the potential wider reach of this case to be of greater concern than the Bush case. In both cases, those could just be excuses for a person to go "...well that ones DIFFERENT", but you're absolutely right that the two cases have differences and those differences could lead people to have an issue with one but not the other.

    However, the person asking the question phrased it in such a way initially, along with the context of that posters history, to imply that one could not legitimately have an issue with this one but not with Bush's. I was wishing to see if that similar attitude extended the other way, which cwas clearly not hte case when he came up with a "Well, that one was *different*" response, failing to acknowledge that there are differences that could lead one to share his nuanced outrage in the opposite direction.

    Their either different issues, and thus the imemdiete attempt at screaming hypocrisy was in error...which was part of my point...OR they are comparable, in which case my question about his consistency when just asking it in a one sided fashion that was justified.
    And now we get into the "seemingly" and "possibly" and "maybe" and whatever else the conservative conspiracy theory bull**** mind can come up with. Yes, this might be serious, if alot of things which there is no evidence of turns out to be true.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #64
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,128

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    This is much to do about nothing. Just more evidence that "one" side is just looking for something to blame on the "other" side.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    This is much to do about nothing. Just more evidence that "one" side is just looking for something to blame on the "other" side.
    Isn't it just a little disconcerting to you that so many of these types of things are coming out at once? And they all seem to have a common thread running through them? And that common thread is that it reeks of corruption, and authoritarianism, but those defending them seem to just blanketly dismiss them?

    Where there is so much smoke around, there is a fire somewhere.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,128

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Isn't it just a little disconcerting to you that so many of these types of things are coming out at once? And they all seem to have a common thread running through them? And that common thread is that it reeks of corruption, and authoritarianism, but those defending them seem to just blanketly dismiss them?

    Where there is so much smoke around, there is a fire somewhere.
    I don't disagree with you there, but this email story is nothing. I know what you are saying though. All these items by themselves are a pimple on an elephant's ass, but you have wonder with all of them coming up one after another, who's driving the bus?
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And now we get into the "seemingly" and "possibly" and "maybe" and whatever else the conservative conspiracy theory bull**** mind can come up with. Yes, this might be serious, if alot of things which there is no evidence of turns out to be true.
    And yet we have another DIFFERENCE between the two situations yet again. The Bush Email situation's severity came to light due to congressional investigation and action taken to look into "seemingly", "Possibly", and "maybe" things. Having a view on it after the point of the oversight committee actually conducting an issuing and report is different than having an opinion on this current situation as it stands today, because both are at different points of progress.

    How about instead of leaping into "OMG CONSERVATIVE CONSPIRACY THEORIES!" you read what I stated. I made no suggestion, either way, whether or not this was a serious offense nor whether or not the evidence will show an actual larger issue at the end or not. My suggestion was simply that there are DIFFERENCES in terms of the scope, issues, and potential problems in both cases that could allow for those trying to show outrage at either side but not the other to claim that each are "diiiiiifferent.

    Either their different situations, in which the posters original question was nothing but a pointless attempt to distract and deflect rather than actually talk about the actual instance being discussed here...

    ...OR....

    The situations are direclty comparable, in which the poster implying people are wrongfully showing faux outrage towards one but not the other should CONVERSELY be showing outrage towards both or to neither.

    However what we had is a situation where for himself, the poster wanted them to be "diiiiiiferent" to justify why his rationalization of his one sided reaction is perfectly okay....but where he still seemingly projected that those who took a one sided reaction the other way were inherently wrong because the two things should seemingly be considered the same thing and equally condemned.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,283

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    He did the research. He gave you a link that is backed up by footnotes. That you
    don't want to read them is actually you not doing your homework... big boy.
    Let me explain something to you people.

    My 7 th grader is NOT ALLOWED to reference WIKI when doing reports.

    I get it, most liberal and Obama suporters never made it to the 7th grade or they have the mentallity of a 2cnd grader.

    And believe they are entitled to not only their twisted opinion and world view but think the minimum amount of effort needed to prove their point is more than sufficient.

    WIKI is not a subjective and is a lazy attempt to prove your point.

    But then again I'm telling a Liberal this.

  9. #69
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Let me explain something to you people.

    My 7 th grader is NOT ALLOWED to reference WIKI when doing reports.

    I get it, most liberal and Obama suporters never made it to the 7th grade or they have the mentallity of a 2cnd grader.

    And believe they are entitled to not only their twisted opinion and world view but think the minimum amount of effort needed to prove their point is more than sufficient.

    WIKI is not a subjective and is a lazy attempt to prove your point.

    But then again I'm telling a Liberal this.
    So you're saying that WIKI is objective?

  10. #70
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,283

    Re: Emails of top Obama appointees remain a mystery

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    So you're saying that WIKI is objective?
    No I mistakenly wrote "subjective".

    No, WIKI is not objective.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •