Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 186

Thread: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

  1. #31
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    If a waiter of mine uses a slur towards a customer,I ove hear it,and fire that waiter,I'm in the wrong?
    Depends on what your contract says.

  2. #32
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,731

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Time for some sensitivity training in the NBA. It's not okay.
    gag me with a spoon. the left constantly wants to 'reeducate' people who don't buy into their agenda. as WF Buckley Jr once noted, leftwing minorities use their alleged oppressed status to stifle any comments they find uncomfortable.



  3. #33
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    If it is not an unpopular opinion, he wouldn't be fined now would he? To be all-knowing, you sure have no clue what you are saying, but at least that assumption about you thinking was apparently misplaced in this case.


    Do you get that he wasn't saying anything about gays? Would you consider it OK to call a white player a "n-word?" After all, it's just an unpopular opinion isn't it.

    BTW, you're a pole smoker, and you can't report me for saying that and have any integrity whatsoever. I'm just expressing an unpopular opinion


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    If a thread has already been started about this, please merge this with it. However, I searched for one and did not see it.

    This is an overreaction IMO. How is it okay for Jason Collins to proclaim his sexuality but not okay for Roy Hibbert to say what he said? The sexual preference of public figures is something that homosexuals use constantly to further their cause. When the other side says something, I don't believe it to be proper for the gay community and/or gay supporters to attempt to shame them or muzzle them. Simple as that.

    Pacers center Roy Hibbert apologizes for gay slur, *reaches out to Jason Collins* - NY Daily News
    When Jason Collins came out of the closet it was not a negative statement or a positive statement. It was not an insult to anybody but just him saying that he was gay.

    Roy Hibbert however did not make a statement that was meant to be neutral but he intended to insult. So what he said was nothing like what Collins said, not the same words and certainly not the same meaning. Also, he got the fine for saying negative words about gays and using profanity.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #35
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    gag me with a spoon. the left constantly wants to 'reeducate' people who don't buy into their agenda. as WF Buckley Jr once noted, leftwing minorities use their alleged oppressed status to stifle any comments they find uncomfortable.
    You certainly aren't calling me a left winger, are you?

    I can't believe you feel that strongly about it. Must be a guy/sports thing. It's rude and obnoxious to use racial slurs, even if that's not the way they're intended. It would be wrong for him to call somebody a "stupid nigger." It would be wrong to say somebody plays like a REtard. He's a professional representing his team, for God's sake, on national television. Not behind the barn gettin' nookie.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Time for some sensitivity training in the NBA. It's not okay.

    Hibbert is a center. His balls are probably always getting hit by people like Collins. I'm just sayin'...

    He complains about that as well. In fact, he just done bitching about Shane Battier constantly doing it.

  7. #37
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Depends on what your contract says.
    I'm pretty sure the NBA has something in their contracts about using slurs and offensive language when representing the NBA,which Hibbert was during that press conference.

    And regardless of what the "my contract says" I have every right to fine,punish,or outright fire one of my employees if he is using foul or offensive language whether he is on MY dining floor room,in MY kitchen,or out on the streets handing out MY menus.He is representing ME and MY company.
    Hibbert can probably pay the fine with the change he finds digging under his sofa cushions.

  8. #38
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,731

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You certainly aren't calling me a left winger, are you?

    I can't believe you feel that strongly about it. Must be a guy/sports thing. It's rude and obnoxious to use racial slurs, even if that's not the way they're intended. It would be wrong for him to call somebody a "stupid nigger." It would be wrong to say somebody plays like a REtard. He's a professional representing his team, for God's sake, on national television. Not behind the barn gettin' nookie.
    I get tired of America's growing tendency to manufacture and disseminate faux outrage. Its a tactic used by the cowardly



  9. #39
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    I'm pretty sure the NBA has something in their contracts about using slurs and offensive language when representing the NBA,which Hibbert was during that press conference.

    And regardless of what the "my contract says" I have every right to fine,punish,or outright fire one of my employees if he is using foul or offensive language whether he is on MY dining floor room,in MY kitchen,or out on the streets handing out MY menus.He is representing ME and MY company.
    Hibbert can probably pay the fine with the change he finds digging under his sofa cushions.
    I did the math in an earlier post. His $75,000 fine means the same thing to him that a $1,100 fine would mean to a guy making $75,000. Peanuts.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    I'm pretty sure the NBA has something in their contracts about using slurs and offensive language when representing the NBA,which Hibbert was during that press conference.

    And regardless of what the "my contract says" I have every right to fine,punish,or outright fire one of my employees if he is using foul or offensive language whether he is on MY dining floor room,in MY kitchen,or out on the streets handing out MY menus.He is representing ME and MY company.
    Hibbert can probably pay the fine with the change he finds digging under his sofa cushions.
    No one in their right mind would fire Hibbert for anything he said.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •