Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 186

Thread: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

  1. #171
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ELNOR View Post
    BTW, "no homo" wasn't said to insult LeBron or even the gays. It's a popular term kids use to say "I'm not gay even though what I just said may sound like I am".
    Shhh....people enjoy sweeping under the rug that they didn't actually bother to figure out what the person said and then continue on about "insulting people", because it's much more fun to get riled up over faux outrage than actually realize "Well crap, there's not much here to be offended about" and have to stop arguing. Because for some people it's not about getting information HORRIBLY wrong, it's not about making stupid accusations that aren't grounded in any kind of reality, it's all about just arguing with those they find distasteful.

    He used a somewhat commonly used comedic phrase about no specific person what so ever, save for possibly himself, as a throw away thing at the end of a sentence and people got up in arms. The more troubling statement, from a business perspective, was likely his "mother****ers" statement but that's not getting attention because again...it's not about what happened, it's not about facts, it's not about any kind of principle, it's everything to do with two sides having utter and complete hatred and distaste for each other and simply using this as another reason to throw bombs at each other.

  2. #172
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,721

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, i don;t believe you do understand.

    Do you understand who uses the term teabagger?
    Gay guys in their loving partnered relationship?

  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Which is considered necessary because of the assumption that being gay is a bad thing.
    One, it's not considered "necessary" anymore than it's considered "necessary" to state "That's what she said" when someone makes a comment that it could apply to. It wasn't considered "necessary", it was a simple linguistic bit of comedy popular in his age bracket and social group.

    Two, it's not bassed off the assumption that being gay is a bad thing. It's based off the assumption that engaging in gay activities by a straight person is a "bad" thing for that person...similar to how I imagine that for a Gay guy the notion of having sex with a Woman is a "bad" thing. Because it's not something they're interested in, turned on by, or want to really experience because it doesn't appeal to them because they're not straight or in this case gay.

    I don't think someone getting ****ed in the ass by a guy is a bad thing. I DO think ME getting ****ed in the ass by a guy would be a bad thing, because I'm straight so there's zero appeal to the notion of having a man's dick entering my ass.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm not playing your juvenile game. Say what you're going to say or don't.
    What more can I add? You use the word "teabagger", a term associated with a Gay sexual act, knowing full well it is offensive. Do you dispute any of this?

  5. #175
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What more can I add? You use the word "teabagger", a term associated with a Gay sexual act, knowing full well it is offensive. Do you dispute any of this?
    Straight people teabag. There's nothing specifically gay about that sexual act.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Gay guys in their loving partnered relationship?
    That could be what the left means when they refer to the Tea Party as 'Teabaggers' but they often inexplicably giggle when they say it. That makes me skeptical of your suggestion.

  7. #177
    User ELNOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    07-08-17 @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    120

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Shhh....people enjoy sweeping under the rug that they didn't actually bother to figure out what the person said and then continue on about "insulting people", because it's much more fun to get riled up over faux outrage than actually realize "Well crap, there's not much here to be offended about" and have to stop arguing. Because for some people it's not about getting information HORRIBLY wrong, it's not about making stupid accusations that aren't grounded in any kind of reality, it's all about just arguing with those they find distasteful.

    He used a somewhat commonly used comedic phrase about no specific person what so ever, save for possibly himself, as a throw away thing at the end of a sentence and people got up in arms. The more troubling statement, from a business perspective, was likely his "mother****ers" statement but that's not getting attention because again...it's not about what happened, it's not about facts, it's not about any kind of principle, it's everything to do with two sides having utter and complete hatred and distaste for each other and simply using this as another reason to throw bombs at each other.
    I'm discovering that from my experiences here. Some take partisanship to a whole new level. To steal and paraphrase from another poster, some refuse to let a fact screw up a good anger.

    I agree that the expression he used was a throw away thing at the end of a sentence. He probably said it out of habit without thinking. Also agree that the MF bomb is what should be the big issue here.
    Anyone driving slower than me is an idiot.
    Anyone driving faster than me is a maniac.
    ~ George Carlin

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Straight people teabag. There's nothing specifically gay about that sexual act.
    Yes, but its used more often in the Gay community. Don't wander off.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ELNOR View Post
    I'm discovering that from my experiences here. Some take partisanship to a whole new level. To steal and paraphrase from another poster, some refuse to let a fact screw up a good anger.

    I agree that the expression he used was a throw away thing at the end of a sentence. He probably said it out of habit without thinking. Also agree that the MF bomb is what should be the big issue here.
    Good point, and there are probably a lot of people having a rethink on their first reaction.

  10. #180
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,721

    Re: Roy Hibbert Uses Gay Slur in Post Game Press Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That could be what the left means when they refer to the Tea Party as 'Teabaggers' but they often inexplicably giggle when they say it. That makes me skeptical of your suggestion.
    Well...you know...one HAS to assme that every teabaggER has a teabaggEE. Maybe the ones that giggle are nicknamed "teacup'?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •