Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: The Free Lunch

  1. #31
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: The Free Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Are you sure? Do the parents get zero and the money is 100% designated for the exclusive use of the children? I seriously doubt that.

    I met a hooker (not even classy enough to be an Escort) in MacDonalds last week. She told me she gets disability for her ADHD "but I'm OK now but as long as they don't know it I'll keep getting my check". She doesn't even have a child! What happened next is none of your business.

    You and your cohort, topless Sangha are playing semantics while America burns. In order to be able to help THOSE IN NEED without all the resulting discontent from those whoi pick up the tab, welfare recepients should be spied on just like the IRS spies on taxpayers. And they do (first hand info). They call it a "Lifestyle Audit" and they actually check out your business, your house, your car etc. to see if you are living within your declared means. It's not even the savings that would matter - it's the respect for the system.
    Since you insist on being abusive, I see no reason to assume that your gross distortions of fact were anything other than deliberate attempts to deceive.

    For example, you claimed that the woman in the OP was not receiving any punishment at all for her welfare fraud, even though you knew it was not true. And now, you're whining about how the govt does not "spy" on welfare recipients when the truth is, they do.

    But the funniest of all is how you're now whining about how other people should have "respect for the system" when you have made countless posts demonstrating your own lack of respect for it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #32
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The Free Lunch

    Yes, that is my point. Rigid enforcement to insure the money goes for its intended purpose so we stop hearing calls for withdrawal of aid.


    Quote Originally Posted by ELNOR View Post
    Actually there some cases where mom gets med coverage as well and figured in SNAP calcs but it is becoming less and less the case. But if they do receive SNAP they have to be working, looking for work or in training for work. Bottom line is that there is fraud and always will be. But I'd rather feed and give med to kids knowing some adults are taking advantage rather than letting the kids starve and go without min med coverage. Wouldn't you?

  3. #33
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The Free Lunch

    Hogwash. Total hogwash.

    My point and purpose from the start has been to protect the deserving by punishing the frauds.

    Since you are sch a know-it-all, please tell me what portion of the 8 month sentence was for welfare fraud.

    When I feel you are entitled to make points of your own, I'll send you a notice and have your diapers laundered. Until them, its all about MY points.



    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Since you insist on being abusive, I see no reason to assume that your gross distortions of fact were anything other than deliberate attempts to deceive.

    For example, you claimed that the woman in the OP was not receiving any punishment at all for her welfare fraud, even though you knew it was not true. And now, you're whining about how the govt does not "spy" on welfare recipients when the truth is, they do.

    But the funniest of all is how you're now whining about how other people should have "respect for the system" when you have made countless posts demonstrating your own lack of respect for it
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It would be both our faults

    I understand your point, but you seem to think that I must adhere to addressing your points and not making any of my own. Sorry, but that is not how it works.

    You asked about how many liars received welfare. I answered that question, and then made *my* point - that most welfare recipients are young children. This is a well-established fact.

    Since then, you've gone on about people who lie when applying for benefits. Certainly, such people do exist. No one here has denied that.

    However, that doesn't change the fact that most welfare recipients are children - young children. I do not know why my mentioning this excites you so.

  4. #34
    User ELNOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    07-08-17 @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    120

    Re: The Free Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Are you sure? Do the parents get zero and the money is 100% designated for the exclusive use of the children? I seriously doubt that.

    I met a hooker (not even classy enough to be an Escort) in MacDonalds last week. She told me she gets disability for her ADHD "but I'm OK now but as long as they don't know it I'll keep getting my check". She doesn't even have a child! What happened next is none of your business.

    You and your cohort, topless Sangha are playing semantics while America burns. In order to be able to help THOSE IN NEED without all the resulting discontent from those whoi pick up the tab, welfare recepients should be spied on just like the IRS spies on taxpayers. And they do (first hand info). They call it a "Lifestyle Audit" and they actually check out your business, your house, your car etc. to see if you are living within your declared means. It's not even the savings that would matter - it's the respect for the system.
    Yea I know there is fraud. No one is claiming otherwise. But whatcha gonna do? Our manpower is short because everyone wants the state workers head count reduced, their pay reduced but still expect expedient competent services. Ya get what you pay for.
    Anyone driving slower than me is an idiot.
    Anyone driving faster than me is a maniac.
    ~ George Carlin

  5. #35
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: The Free Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Hogwash. Total hogwash.

    My point and purpose from the start has been to protect the deserving by punishing the frauds.

    Since you are sch a know-it-all, please tell me what portion of the 8 month sentence was for welfare fraud.

    When I feel you are entitled to make points of your own, I'll send you a notice and have your diapers laundered. Until them, its all about MY points.
    Hogwash

    From nearly the very beginning, you have been misrepresenting the facts, beginning with your claim that the woman received no charge as a result of her welfare fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #36
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The Free Lunch

    Everyone? That's a pretty high percentage. Are you sure? Obviously I'm in favor of hiring more enforcement so at best, almost everyone is the best you can claim and even then....



    Quote Originally Posted by ELNOR View Post
    Yea I know there is fraud. No one is claiming otherwise. But whatcha gonna do? Our manpower is short because everyone wants the state workers head count reduced, their pay reduced but still expect expedient competent services. Ya get what you pay for.

  7. #37
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: The Free Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by ELNOR View Post
    Yea I know there is fraud. No one is claiming otherwise. But whatcha gonna do? Our manpower is short because everyone wants the state workers head count reduced, their pay reduced but still expect expedient competent services. Ya get what you pay for.
    In addition, money spent on enforcement is money that is not spent on helping children.

    Some states have recently taken to testing recipients for drug use, even though history shows that such programs are a waste of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #38
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: The Free Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Everyone? That's a pretty high percentage. Are you sure? Obviously I'm in favor of hiring more enforcement so at best, almost everyone is the best you can claim and even then....
    That claim is more accurate than the one you made about how the woman received no charge relating to her welfare fraud.

    Internet law - RationalWiki
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #39
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The Free Lunch

    So, why don't you prove your point by answering my question. I'll confess that I misread the article and didn't see the fraud chargesmentiuon. Boo-****ing-Hoo. Even geniuses make mistakes.

    So, how long did she get for the welfare fraud and then I can humbly acknowledge your brilliance.





    ((In the distance, a cat meowed))



    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Hogwash

    From nearly the very beginning, you have been misrepresenting the facts, beginning with your claim that the woman received no charge as a result of her welfare fraud.

  10. #40
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The Free Lunch

    You're full of skitt.



    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That claim is more accurate than the one you made about how the woman received no charge relating to her welfare fraud.

    Internet law - RationalWiki

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •