Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 248

Thread: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times [W:243]

  1. #231
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,896
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I didn't say the IRS didn't do anything wrong, I think they clearly did. I think they were guilty of being incompetent . The brash of Tea Party applications added to their incompetence. What seems to lost in all of this is the fact is that 501 (c)(4) nonprofit status is meant for organizations that are primarily involved with "social welfare." Show me a tea party organization that's involved with social welfare, I'm not saying they don't exist, but I highly doubt they do. Social welfare organizations are more likely to be liberal organizations. Also, tax exempt organizations are not allowed to campaign for a candidate for office. So your claim of disenfranchisement BS.
    MoveOn.org is a 501 (c)(4) nonprofit organization. I doubt that any Tea Party organization exceeds MoveOn.org's level of political engagement.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #232
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    MoveOn.org is a 501 (c)(4) nonprofit organization. I doubt that any Tea Party organization exceeds MoveOn.org's level of political engagement.
    Moveon.org deals with issues, not candidates. Here is the issue they are currently supporting:


  3. #233
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,896
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Moveon.org deals with issues, not candidates.
    Precisely. And so do the Tea Party groups.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #234
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Precisely. And so do the Tea Party groups.
    But the Tea Party were against President Obama, do I need to remind you about all their signs?

  5. #235
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,896
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    But the Tea Party were against President Obama, do I need to remind you about all their signs?
    Their advertising was precisely analogous to MoveOn.org's anti-Romney campaigning. Everyone uses the same playbook. "We are against torturing dogs. Tell [fill in the blank] to stop supporting the torture of dogs."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #236
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Their advertising was precisely analogous to MoveOn.org's anti-Romney campaigning. Everyone uses the same playbook. "We are against torturing dogs. Tell [fill in the blank] to stop supporting the torture of dogs."
    How many Tea Party organizations versus the number of Moveon.org organizations are there? I believe the rules for everyone should be the same. The problem I see, is it seems as though everyone wants to blame President Obama for the problems. I listened to Limbaugh today and he complained that the "scandals" were not touching Obama.

  7. #237
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,896
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How many Tea Party organizations versus the number of Moveon.org organizations are there? I believe the rules for everyone should be the same. The problem I see, is it seems as though everyone wants to blame President Obama for the problems. I listened to Limbaugh today and he complained that the "scandals" were not touching Obama.
    The question of the number of organizations on either side is irrelevant. That's merely an expression of popular engagement. I don't care what Limbaugh says. You apparently listen to him more than I do.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #238
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,314

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How many Tea Party organizations versus the number of Moveon.org organizations are there? I believe the rules for everyone should be the same. The problem I see, is it seems as though everyone wants to blame President Obama for the problems. I listened to Limbaugh today and he complained that the "scandals" were not touching Obama.
    Well maybe you should look at the latest Bloomberg polls that show the majority of people now believe Obama is not being truthful when it comes to the IRS scandal. And this may not be affecting Obama in the sense that he's going to be forced to step down, ( if he had a shred of character and integrity he would ) but it is affecting him in the sense that it is defining his administration, the Democrat Party and his Legacy as the most corrupt and incompetent administration in our Nations History.

    EVERYTHING out of this administration is a lie. From the economy to the IRS scandal, all lies, manipulations, half truths and full on Bull Sh**.

    Slowly the truth on Benghazi, on the IRS on Eric Holder's ( he has until midnight to respond to the Congress 's charges that he committed perjury ) unprecedented attack on the first amendment will eek out and will prove the Conservatives were right on the money since 2007 about this narcissistic clown Obama.

    Oh and by the way, as you attempt to justify the Democrats slimy low life goings on, the Congressional investigation that's going to sink these clowns is the investigation we don't get to see. Behind closed doors, as witnesses and the accused are put under oath.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  9. #239
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Well maybe you should look at the latest Bloomberg polls that show the majority of people now believe Obama is not being truthful when it comes to the IRS scandal. And this may not be affecting Obama in the sense that he's going to be forced to step down, ( if he had a shred of character and integrity he would ) but it is affecting him in the sense that it is defining his administration, the Democrat Party and his Legacy as the most corrupt and incompetent administration in our Nations History.

    EVERYTHING out of this administration is a lie. From the economy to the IRS scandal, all lies, manipulations, half truths and full on Bull Sh**.

    Slowly the truth on Benghazi, on the IRS on Eric Holder's ( he has until midnight to respond to the Congress 's charges that he committed perjury ) unprecedented attack on the first amendment will eek out and will prove the Conservatives were right on the money since 2007 about this narcissistic clown Obama.

    Oh and by the way, as you attempt to justify the Democrats slimy low life goings on, the Congressional investigation that's going to sink these clowns is the investigation we don't get to see. Behind closed doors, as witnesses and the accused are put under oath.
    Eric Holder did not commit perjury:

    The Volokh Conspiracy Ľ Did Eric Holder Lie to Congress?
    The Volokh Conspiracy Ľ If Thatís the Case for Holder Lying Under Oath, Itís Not Just Weak ó Itís Bordering on Silly

  10. #240
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,896
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Actually, it looks to me like he did, and your links help make the case against him.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •