Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 248

Thread: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times [W:243]

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    157 ???? Holy Audits. That's overkill.
    I thought with 6 you get eggroll.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Are the initials "VJ" a good guess?
    If not.....then the name Kevin Johnson and being the Mayor of Sacramento Does. Which Obama knows he can't get around firing that IG who found his buddy guilty of using a 501 4 C at the End of 2009. Nor can he get round the fact that he knew this at the same time True the Vote took place in the beginning of 2010. Same exact time the MS Media and Grassely all brought out the fact Obama fired that IG for no reason other than what he stated.

    Which Obama stated he lost confidence in that Man. So I doubt Obama can run around and feign like he didn't know anything. Course the Obamabots can't get past that drop in Obama's Trustworthiness with Independents anymore. Which Conservatives have nothing to do with that at all.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Are the initials "VJ" a good guess?
    jarrett - payback.jpg

  4. #94
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Definitely looks like another fake controversy stirred up by various folks who really, really hate the President

    The Fake Story About the IRS Commissioner and the White House

    White House records show Douglas Shulman signed in for 11 visits, not 157, between 2009 and 2012.

    Complicating the picture is the fact that just because a meeting was scheduled and Shulman was cleared to attend it does not mean that he actually went. Routine events like the biweekly health-care deputies meeting would have had a standing list of people cleared to attend, people whose White House appointments would have been logged and forwarded to the check-in gate. But there is no time of arrival information in the records to confirm that Shulman actually signed in and went to these standing meetings.

    Indeed, of the 157 events Shulman was cleared to attend, White House records only provide time of arrival information -- confirming that he actually went to them -- for 11 events over the 2009-2012 period
    <snip>
    Andrew Sullivan wrote: "I'd be grateful for reader scrutiny of this data -- simply because I do not trust the source, and there may be context I'm missing. But if the Caller is right that in the Bush years, 'Shulman's predecessor Mark Everson only visited the White House once during four years of service in the George W. Bush administration,' we need an explanation -- and fast."

    So here is some more context (in addition to what Sullivan's readers later provided him): There is no Bush Administration public-records data about who went to the White House. As incomplete as it is, the Obama White House data is more public information than we have about any other administration, or the visits of any other IRS commissioner.

    There is also the question about what people mean when they say the White House.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #95
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Definitely looks like another fake controversy stirred up by various folks who really, really hate the President
    Good to see the Atlantic is their typical demo water carrying selves....However, they do show a couple of cracks in their reporting, such as here:

    "But there is no record that Shulman attended a White House Easter Egg Roll under Obama, most likely because large events organized by the East Wing, like that one, don't always show up in the visitor's access records."

    So, that little snot decided to get flip with congress oversight instead of answering with the gravity it deserved...Demo donation Shulman, is like all the other misleading congress, and they damned well better be careful...

    As long as the administration continues to hide, mislead, change stories, get caught hiding info, etc. the suspicion will continue.

    Just remember, they are the most transparent administration in history....pfft!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #96
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Good to see the Atlantic is their typical demo water carrying selves....However, they do show a couple of cracks in their reporting, such as here:

    "But there is no record that Shulman attended a White House Easter Egg Roll under Obama, most likely because large events organized by the East Wing, like that one, don't always show up in the visitor's access records."

    So, that little snot decided to get flip with congress oversight instead of answering with the gravity it deserved...Demo donation Shulman, is like all the other misleading congress, and they damned well better be careful...

    As long as the administration continues to hide, mislead, change stories, get caught hiding info, etc. the suspicion will continue.

    Just remember, they are the most transparent administration in history....pfft!
    Shulman's under oath testimony at the oversight hearing:

    CONNOLLY: There might be many reasons you would be at the White House. What would be some of the reasons you might be at the White House?

    SHULMAN: The Easter egg roll with my kids.

    CONNOLLY: Well...

    SHULMAN: Questions about the administrability of tax policy.

    CONNOLLY: All right.

    SHULMAN: They were thinking of our budget -- us helping the Department of Education streamline application processes for financial aid...

    CONNOLLY: I just want to be clear. You're very aware of the fact that you're under oath today?

    SHULMAN: Yeah, very aware of that.

    CONNOLLY: And your testimony, to be very clear, in response to Mr. Jordan's question, is that you've -- you've never had any conversation with respect to this subject, the subject of this hearing, with anybody at the White House, though you were at the White House 118 times? Now, that -

    SHULMAN: Yeah, I mean, just so I'm -- just so I'm clear, I have no memory. Wouldn't have been appropriate. Would not have been appropriate to have a conversation with the White -- with anyone at the White House about the subject of discriminating against conservative groups in any part of our operation.


  7. #97
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Are the initials "VJ" a good guess?
    I don't have any idea, but I like your thinking.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #98
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There are two loose ends. Contrary to the link's assumption, there's no reason at all why health care wonks could not also have political roles. Multiple roles are not uncommon in the WH. More important, though, is that the WH visitor logs only show the sponsor/host of a visit. After that stop, a visitor can go elsewhere, especially in the outbuildings.
    Thank you Jack for the like, however, I found the following testimony from the oversight hearing:

    CONNOLLY: There might be many reasons you would be at the White House. What would be some of the reasons you might be at the White House?

    SHULMAN: The Easter egg roll with my kids.

    CONNOLLY: Well...

    SHULMAN: Questions about the administrability of tax policy.

    CONNOLLY: All right.

    SHULMAN: They were thinking of our budget -- us helping the Department of Education streamline application processes for financial aid...

    CONNOLLY: I just want to be clear. You're very aware of the fact that you're under oath today?

    SHULMAN: Yeah, very aware of that.

    CONNOLLY: And your testimony, to be very clear, in response to Mr. Jordan's question, is that you've -- you've never had any conversation with respect to this subject, the subject of this hearing, with anybody at the White House, though you were at the White House 118 times? Now, that -

    SHULMAN: Yeah, I mean, just so I'm -- just so I'm clear, I have no memory. Wouldn't have been appropriate. Would not have been appropriate to have a conversation with the White -- with anyone at the White House about the subject of discriminating against conservative groups in any part of our operation.


  9. #99
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Thank you Jack for the like, however, I found the following testimony from the oversight hearing:

    CONNOLLY: There might be many reasons you would be at the White House. What would be some of the reasons you might be at the White House?

    SHULMAN: The Easter egg roll with my kids.

    CONNOLLY: Well...

    SHULMAN: Questions about the administrability of tax policy.

    CONNOLLY: All right.

    SHULMAN: They were thinking of our budget -- us helping the Department of Education streamline application processes for financial aid...

    CONNOLLY: I just want to be clear. You're very aware of the fact that you're under oath today?

    SHULMAN: Yeah, very aware of that.

    CONNOLLY: And your testimony, to be very clear, in response to Mr. Jordan's question, is that you've -- you've never had any conversation with respect to this subject, the subject of this hearing, with anybody at the White House, though you were at the White House 118 times? Now, that -

    SHULMAN: Yeah, I mean, just so I'm -- just so I'm clear, I have no memory. Wouldn't have been appropriate. Would not have been appropriate to have a conversation with the White -- with anyone at the White House about the subject of discriminating against conservative groups in any part of our operation.
    So now the lines are drawn. If he's innocent, which is certainly a possibility, then he's stupidly done a masterful job of making himself look guilty.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #100
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Former IRS chief Shulman reportedly visited White House at least 157 times

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Shulman's under oath testimony at the oversight hearing:

    CONNOLLY: There might be many reasons you would be at the White House. What would be some of the reasons you might be at the White House?

    SHULMAN: The Easter egg roll with my kids.

    CONNOLLY: Well...

    SHULMAN: Questions about the administrability of tax policy.

    CONNOLLY: All right.

    SHULMAN: They were thinking of our budget -- us helping the Department of Education streamline application processes for financial aid...

    CONNOLLY: I just want to be clear. You're very aware of the fact that you're under oath today?

    SHULMAN: Yeah, very aware of that.

    CONNOLLY: And your testimony, to be very clear, in response to Mr. Jordan's question, is that you've -- you've never had any conversation with respect to this subject, the subject of this hearing, with anybody at the White House, though you were at the White House 118 times? Now, that -

    SHULMAN: Yeah, I mean, just so I'm -- just so I'm clear, I have no memory. Wouldn't have been appropriate. Would not have been appropriate to have a conversation with the White -- with anyone at the White House about the subject of discriminating against conservative groups in any part of our operation.
    Of course you certainly have been able to discern something about Shulman's carefully crafted response:

    "Would not have been appropriate to have a conversation with the White -- with anyone at the White House about the subject of discriminating against conservative groups in any part of our operation."

    The operative words being "about the subject of discriminating against conservative groups". Meaning, they didn't discuss discriminating, but did perhaps discuss ways to hold up those groups using extensive IRS investigations.

    Surely, as a published author of high acclaim, you can appreciate the subtle difference.

    Or not...

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •