Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93

Thread: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

  1. #31
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The Conference Board, an industry group, said its index of consumer attitudes jumped to 76.2 from an upwardly revised 69 in April, topping economists' expectations for 71. It was the best level since February 2008.

    Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May | Reuters

    More bad news for Republicans but GREAT news for the rest of us. Consumer spending makes up 75% of our economy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post



    Why would this be bad news for Republicans? All you folks on the left have been complaining about how Republicans have stood in the way of legislation that would get things moving. If Republicans blocked everything, how can the left take credit?
    Absolutely amazing, Federal Income taxes, Capital gains taxes and payroll taxes have all gone UP and we still see this result.


  2. #32
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Absolutely amazing, Federal Income taxes, Capital gains taxes and payroll taxes have all gone UP and we still see this result.
    liberals have been screaming that the party of no is blocking legislation that will make the economy better.

    how did this happen?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post



    Why would this be bad news for Republicans? All you folks on the left have been complaining about how Republicans have stood in the way of legislation that would get things moving. If Republicans blocked everything, how can the left take credit?
    wasn't the sequester supposed to tank the economy? wasn't that what Obama and the democrats say would happen? so how is this bad news for republicans if anything it is good news proves that cutting government spending doesn't hurt the economy it actually helped it.

  4. #34
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Absolutely amazing, Federal Income taxes, Capital gains taxes and payroll taxes have all gone UP and we still see this result.
    Hmmm.

    Consumer CONFIDENCE has gone up.

    Given your statements about revenue, could it be that some see opportunities for continued largess from Uncle Sugar Daddy?

    Also, considering the number of cheerleaders claiming Republicans have done nothing but block the Progressives attempts at passing legislation, how can you make such claims?

    Boxes are hard to get out of once climbed in, don't you think?

  5. #35
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    wasn't the sequester supposed to tank the economy? wasn't that what Obama and the democrats say would happen? so how is this bad news for republicans if anything it is good news proves that cutting government spending doesn't hurt the economy it actually helped it.
    Yes, to all you have posted.

    Once a position is taken, it's very difficult to back out and take credit when the claims squash every attempt.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Absolutely amazing, Federal Income taxes, Capital gains taxes and payroll taxes have all gone UP and we still see this result.
    You see what you want to see, which isn't the reality, as your President and his ilk take credit for destroying a economy by running up a massive new structural debt, and having his Central Bank appointee hold down interest rates so all that short term debt can be kept cheap.

    Our own FED owns the majority of our short term debt, and your celebrating ? LOL !!

    You guys are getting desperate, as 10 million jobs have disappeared and your'e celebrating a economy that's totally rotten from the inside out.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  7. #37
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    You know what creeps me out in this thread? If you just go and look at the various bills passed by congress and READ THEM and looked at who voted for them (I recommend Thomas.gov for this), then all of this bickering about which side's policies were more helpful to the economy. You could just go read up and find out. A lot of people are just asserting their party loyalty here, but the facts are out there. Make your decision based on the facts!
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    You know what creeps me out in this thread? If you just go and look at the various bills passed by congress and READ THEM and looked at who voted for them (I recommend Thomas.gov for this), then all of this bickering about which side's policies were more helpful to the economy. You could just go read up and find out. A lot of people are just asserting their party loyalty here, but the facts are out there. Make your decision based on the facts!
    you don't need to go to some website for proof all you need is the cutting done by the sequester as proof. cuts to the government helped not hurt the economy like what Obama and the Democrats claimed it would

  9. #39
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You see what you want to see, which isn't the reality, as your President and his ilk take credit for destroying a economy by running up a massive new structural debt, and having his Central Bank appointee hold down interest rates so all that short term debt can be kept cheap.

    Our own FED owns the majority of our short term debt, and your celebrating ? LOL !!

    You guys are getting desperate, as 10 million jobs have disappeared and your'e celebrating a economy that's totally rotten from the inside out.
    Ten million jobs have disappeared? Show me.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data


  10. #40
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Consumer confidence strongest in over five years in May

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    you don't need to go to some website for proof all you need is the cutting done by the sequester as proof. cuts to the government helped not hurt the economy like what Obama and the Democrats claimed it would
    And you have evidence that the aggregate effect of the sequester and all other Democratic economic policies is negative? Also, how does blame for the sequester fall entirely on the head of Democrats? All of congress failed to stop it. And they all crafted it in the first place. And wasn't the immediate response to the sequester from Republicans to downplay it as a whole lot of hot air over nothing? And now suddenly it's a big deal?

    But let's go back to your main premise. "You don't need proof." Yes. Yes you do. Stop being part of the problem.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •