Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 139

Thread: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

  1. #71
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,264

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    People have been hurting other people since the beginning of time. It's very Pollyanna to think they'll ever stop.
    Europe, where much of this killing has taken place over the centuries, has become of dreamland of rainbow shooting fairies and dreamboats.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #72
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,264

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    But the NRA is an organisation for gun owners and since this gun owner (legal or not) committed a clear terror act by attacking random people... does that mean the NRA is a terror organisation?
    Oh looky here, we've now weaved off the topic, and darted directly into pure hackery.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    its from Reuters..

    When will these terror attacks by common Americans stop?
    Why do "Centrists" seem to drift to the Left so often?

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    its from Reuters..

    When will these terror attacks by common Americans stop?
    Ask Billy The Kid and John Dillinger.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  5. #75
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,264

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Why do "Centrists" seem to drift to the Left so often?
    Because they aren't.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #76
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How would background checks have stopped this shooting? Thanks in advance!
    The technology of fMRI scans can show the brain of psychopaths, sociopaths, mass murderers, impulsive murderers and paranoid schizophrenics.

    1) If fMRI would be included in the background checks he may not have gotten a license to own a legal gun.

    2) He would resort to illegal guns.

    3) Might be arrested while purchasing illegal guns.

    But I have this scene for the guy issuing background check tests:

    Inspector: Do you have the fMRI test?

    Guy1: Yes

    Inspector: Ok, let me see. Alright, all is well, here's your license. Thanks. Next!

    (Guy2 comes in)

    Inspector: Let me see your documents and the fMRI scan. I'm sorry sir you cannot get the license.

    Guy2: Why?

    Inspector: Because this here tells me that you are a sociopath.

    Guy2: ???

    Inspector: A psycho? A "I don't give a damn for other breathing life?"

    Guy2: ???

    Inspector: Like, if I give you the license you would go in a shooting spray in Texas!?!?

    Guy2: ???

    Inspector: Alright buzz of mother****er!! You ain't getting a license, now beat it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #77
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I read and quoted exactly what you wrote. I quoted no link because you didn't reference one. Since you offered to use common English phrases, try rewording this little gem in a grammatically correct form: "could have not been committed with legal guns". I assumed you mean "could not have been committed with legal guns," but perhaps I'm interpreting what you wrote incorrectly.

    If someone passes a law and puts a procedure in place, you cannot, or anyone else cannot, assume that something bad can't happen. That is naive and the province of fairy dust.

    You reference that the shooter could have used the black market to get the guns and that there are odds he might have been arrested while buying them. Yes, there are odds. Would you say that they are even money odds or something closer to a billion to 1?
    You interpreted right. See above post for clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #78
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    The technology of fMRI scans can show the brain of psychopaths, sociopaths, mass murderers, impulsive murderers and paranoid schizophrenics.

    1) If fMRI would be included in the background checks he may not have gotten a license to own a legal gun.

    2) He would resort to illegal guns.

    3) Might be arrested while purchasing illegal guns.

    But I have this scene for the guy issuing background check tests:

    Inspector: Do you have the fMRI test?

    Guy1: Yes

    Inspector: Ok, let me see. Alright, all is well, here's your license. Thanks. Next!

    (Guy2 comes in)

    Inspector: Let me see your documents and the fMRI scan. I'm sorry sir you cannot get the license.

    Guy2: Why?

    Inspector: Because this here tells me that you are a sociopath.

    Guy2: ???

    Inspector: A psycho? A "I don't give a damn for other breathing life?"

    Guy2: ???

    Inspector: Like, if I give you the license you would go in a shooting spray in Texas!?!?

    Guy2: ???

    Inspector: Alright buzz of mother****er!! You ain't getting a license, now beat it!!
    The thought police? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #79
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    At 4:30 am while the guy was driving around shooting people at various locations? Maybe if they were allowed to drive Bradley's then the citizens could have stopped him, assuming any were nearby at that time of the morning.
    IOW, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a Bradley
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    IOW, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a Bradley
    If you need to shoot while driving it's not a bad choice!
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •