Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 139

Thread: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

  1. #31
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well there's quite the extrapolation. Since you're against "throwing out the second amendment," surely you must then be in support of giving every American a rocket launcher. Even children.

    Hey this game is fun.
    Well, if you can show me one politician running on the "give every man, woman, and child a rocket launcher" platform then you'd have a point, but til then it is just a worn out, and debunked argument.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #32
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Gee, I thought "liberal" CCW laws like the ones in TX were supposed to prevent incidents like this.
    false argument....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #33
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Since terrorism seems to involve an organization that remains to be seen, but we do know this is a gun owner. Go go gun owners.
    there you go again-lumping law abiding gun owners (whom you hate) with criminals (whom you desire have safer working environments)



  4. #34
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    But the NRA is an organisation for gun owners and since this gun owner (legal or not) committed a clear terror act by attacking random people... does that mean the NRA is a terror organisation?
    The NAACP is a black organization

    Over half the murders committed in the United States are committed by blacks

    does that Make the NAACP a "murder organization"

    see how STUPID your point is?



  5. #35
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Gee, I thought "liberal" CCW laws like the ones in TX were supposed to prevent incidents like this.
    that's a stupid argument

    it decreases the chances

    just like exercising and eating healthy decreases the chances of heart disease

    so if someone who is fit and eats right gets heart disease do you claim its silly to engage in such activity?

    of course not



  6. #36
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    it decreases the chances
    So you're saying no matter what the law, people will sometimes be defenseless?

    I'll have to remember that one!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #37
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So you're saying no matter what the law, people will sometimes be defenseless?

    I'll have to remember that one!
    no matter what the law is, some people will be defenseless

    that's pretty obvious isn't it

    a man in a coma is pretty defenseless

    a baby is pretty defenseless



  8. #38
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no matter what the law is, some people will be defenseless

    that's pretty obvious isn't it

    a man in a coma is pretty defenseless

    a baby is pretty defenseless
    was the cop who got shot defenseless?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #39
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    was the cop who got shot defenseless?
    what is the silly point you are trying to make?

    life is all about odds.

    you can study all the time and not make it into Harvard

    However, by doing that you increase your chances

    You can work out all the time and still get sick or hurt

    however, being physically active decreases the chances of contracting many diseases or injuries

    you can be armed all the time and be well trained and still fall victim to violent crime

    however by being well armed and well trained you are much more likely to avoid or survive a vicious attack than someone who is unarmed and untrained

    It is completely moronic to suggest that because someone who is well armed succumbed to a criminal attack justifies disarming other people



  10. #40
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Texas Shooting Spree Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

    its from Reuters..

    When will these terror attacks by common Americans stop?
    Without a known political agenda, it is unlikely that this is a terror attack...but nice try.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •