Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,928

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Now we have to watch out for a guy with a knife or machete on our streets..
    You say that like knife attacks are some new phenomenom. Unless you live in some kind of Alice in Wonderland type world where reality is turned completely on it's head, knife attacks are not just something that's been happening for the last three days......

    Unless you're only worried about the possibility of ones carried out by Muslims of course.

    I'll give you a giant hint here. A knife attack is not cool and has the ability to kill someone. By anyone.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    You say that like knife attacks are some new phenomenom. Unless you live in some kind of Alice in Wonderland type world where reality is turned completely on it's head, knife attacks are not just something that's been happening for the last three days......

    Unless you're only worried about the possibility of ones carried out by Muslims of course.

    I'll give you a giant hint here. A knife attack is not cool and has the ability to kill someone. By anyone.
    I think I was talking about the Muslim attacks on soldiers..

    And no..I don't live in La-La land..but usually here there is a reason for the knife attack..i.e. drug dealers...young hoods trying to appear tough..

    Every weekend someone's sons are taken home in a body bag because they bumped into a would-be gangsta..therefore ''dissing him''

    Pulling a knife on someone here is considered to be the mark of a coward..

    However..I do not expect people to be hacked to death and decapitated on our streets in broad daylight for no other reason than he is a soldier...

  3. #23
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    LOL, attacking uniformed, armed soldiers is terrorism. Jesus you guys will call ANYTHING terrorism.

    D-Day was one of the worst terrorist attacks in history, huh?

    And how the HELL do 3 armed soldiers get attacked by one man with a knife, and he still gets away?
    Terrorism is defined as "being violent while Muslim."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #24
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So the bombing of the USS Kohl and the Fort Hood shooting were not terrorism because they were military targets?
    Correct. In war, you get to attack the other side's troops. That's... sortof how it works. Our soldiers shoot at Al-Qaeda members, why would it be terrorism for them to shoot back?

    Ft. Hood was treason and murder brought on by espionage. (and he deliberately shot unarmed people, which I think would also be a war crime) Those are all terrible things, but they are not terrorism. Hell, US intelligence services routinely get Al-Qaeda insurgents to turn on their buddies. Are you saying the CIA is a terrorist organization?

    USS Cole is even more straight-forward. It was a destroyer. A heavily-armed military vessel. We sank quite a few Japanese destroyers in WW2. Terrorism? Of course not. Warfare.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-26-13 at 12:09 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #25
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Correct. In war, you get to attack the other side's troops. That's... sortof how it works. Our soldiers shoot at Al-Qaeda members, why would it be terrorism for them to shoot back?

    Ft. Hood was treason and murder brought on by espionage. (and he deliberately shot unarmed people, which I think would also be a war crime) Those are all terrible things, but they are not terrorism. Hell, US intelligence services routinely get Al-Qaeda insurgents to turn on their buddies. Are you saying the CIA is a terrorist organization?

    USS Cole is even more straight-forward. It was a destroyer. A heavily-armed military vessel. We sank quite a few Japanese destroyers in WW2. Terrorism? Of course not. Warfare.
    Well, do let me know when something like that happens that you actually disapprove of.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Your pathetic attempt to insult me is one of the most foolish attempts I've ever read on the internet.
    I wasn't describing you as foolish - your statement however deserved that title. D-Day was an armed invasion during war, by a military force against another military force. All combatants were appropriately dressed and within limits, acting under rules of war. The same cannot be said of someone wearing civilian clothing, using cover of other civilians to then attack a soldier / soldiers.

    What happened in Paris was an attack by someone using cover of other civilians, dressed as a civilian and then making his escape using innocents as his cover.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    A police union spokesman said surveillance footage of the attacker showed him as tall and bearded, aged about 35, possibly of North African origin and wearing a white Arab-style tunic.
    French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris | Reuters

  8. #28
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    I wasn't describing you as foolish - your statement however deserved that title. D-Day was an armed invasion during war, by a military force against another military force. All combatants were appropriately dressed and within limits, acting under rules of war. The same cannot be said of someone wearing civilian clothing, using cover of other civilians to then attack a soldier / soldiers.

    What happened in Paris was an attack by someone using cover of other civilians, dressed as a civilian and then making his escape using innocents as his cover.
    And how does that make it terrorism? Our military/government has also conducted operations in plain clothes.

    The fact is, not every ****ing thing is terrorism. Violence against military targets is simply war. That's the kind of thing you simply open yourself up to when you join the military.

    Why don't you label the thousands of murders every single day as terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Terrorism is defined as "being violent while Muslim."
    Apparently it is. Thousands of people are stabbed worldwide every day. Nobody would even remotely considering calling it terrorism. Muslim in England did it? TERRORISM!

    I mean jesus, I hate all religions, but making **** up to reinforce their hate is just sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Correct. In war, you get to attack the other side's troops. That's... sortof how it works. Our soldiers shoot at Al-Qaeda members, why would it be terrorism for them to shoot back?

    Ft. Hood was treason and murder brought on by espionage. (and he deliberately shot unarmed people, which I think would also be a war crime) Those are all terrible things, but they are not terrorism. Hell, US intelligence services routinely get Al-Qaeda insurgents to turn on their buddies. Are you saying the CIA is a terrorist organization?

    USS Cole is even more straight-forward. It was a destroyer. A heavily-armed military vessel. We sank quite a few Japanese destroyers in WW2. Terrorism? Of course not. Warfare.
    Perfectly well said. It's sad how few people seem to get that.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Well I certainly hope no Muslims are harmed in the upcoming attacks, because that would be a travesty.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Muslims are killed by westerners every single day. Did you think this was completely unprovoked?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    So it's an act of war?
    So in your brain terrorism and war are the only two options? What do you file murder under?
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 05-26-13 at 02:40 PM.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So the bombing of the USS Kohl and the Fort Hood shooting were not terrorism because they were military targets?
    The cole was a.cheap torpedo.

    Hood sounds like a.crazy.person shooting a place up.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: French Soldier stabbed in Paris, Survives

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    I wasn't describing you as foolish - your statement however deserved that title. D-Day was an armed invasion during war, by a military force against another military force. All combatants were appropriately dressed and within limits, acting under rules of war. The same cannot be said of someone wearing civilian clothing, using cover of other civilians to then attack a soldier / soldiers.

    What happened in Paris was an attack by someone using cover of other civilians, dressed as a civilian and then making his escape using innocents as his cover.
    Drones negate your entire argument.

    No functional difference.

    Sneaky killing.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •