Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 302

Thread: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

  1. #211
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    how has this racked up 21 pages....

  2. #212
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Because someone (you) on the internet said so? You expect me to believe just whatever I read online?

    Imagine me talking to someone in real life about this...I assert that the driver was at fault, the real person in front of me asks how I know, and I say "because someone online told me".

    Yeah ****ing right. I wasn't born yesterday bro.

    Links to evidence are all that matters.
    On the permit it clearly states that the states assumes no responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #213
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Because someone (you) on the internet said so? You expect me to believe just whatever I read online?

    Imagine me talking to someone in real life about this...I assert that the driver was at fault, the real person in front of me asks how I know, and I say "because someone online told me".

    Yeah ****ing right. I wasn't born yesterday bro.

    Links to evidence are all that matters.
    The permit office clearly puts the responsibility on the driver.

    Bridge collapse: Oversize-load permits easy to get online | Local News | The Seattle Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    On the permit it clearly states that the states assumes no responsibility.
    A trucker cannot be responsible for the condition of a bridge, that it falls when struck.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The permit office clearly puts the responsibility on the driver.

    Bridge collapse: Oversize-load permits easy to get online | Local News | The Seattle Times
    Did the permit stipulate the condition of the bridge?

  6. #216
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    A trucker cannot be responsible for the condition of a bridge, that it falls when struck.
    No, but he's damn sure responsible for hitting it. Why did the bridge fall? Because the driver hit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #217
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Did the permit stipulate the condition of the bridge?
    I'm so certain I'm right, that I'm waiting, as I type to get fired because I'm not going to haul an unlawful oversized load.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why did the bridge fall? Because the driver hit it.
    That's just not true. The bridge fell because it wasn't maintained. Trucks hit bridges all the time, they don't fall.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm so certain I'm right, that I'm waiting, as I type to get fired because I'm not going to haul an unlawful oversized load.
    What was unlawful about the load that hit this bridge?

  10. #220
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Wife of truck driver in bridge collapse says husband has 'impeccable' record

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    What was unlawful about the load that hit this bridge?
    It was too tall for the lane he was in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •