Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 565

Thread: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Nice dodge

    Just shows how you will ignore the constitution when it proves inconvenient to your nonsensical ideas.
    You mean besides the fact that I'm ignoring nothing and I haven't still made one error in arguments.

  2. #462
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You mean besides the fact that I'm ignoring nothing and I haven't still made one error in arguments.
    You're ignoring that the constitution says and how it doesn't prohibit decisions that Henrin thinks are based on illogical arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You're ignoring that the constitution says and how it doesn't prohibit decisions that Henrin thinks are based on illogical arguments.
    Lol! Care to tell me what I'm ignoring or how the ruling wasn't illogical? No? Yeah, I didn't think so.
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-26-13 at 04:22 PM.

  4. #464
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Lol! Care to tell what I'm ignoring or how the ruling wasn't illogical? No? Yeah, I didn't think so.
    You're ignoring that the rulings of SCOTUS are not unconstitutional
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You're ignoring that the rulings of SCOTUS are not unconstitutional
    Is that all you got?

  6. #466
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Is that all you got?
    It blows your claim apart

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That is still crap for two reasons

    1. The commerce clause only deals with trade disputes between the listed members

    and more importantly...

    2. The commerce clause does not trump the 1st or 13th amendment.

    I left off the commerce clause argument because frankly it's even dumber.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It blows your claim apart
    I just looked back a few pages and I don't believe I said that their ruling was unconstitutional. I said many times however they were wrong, in which, they are.

    How does that post of mine prove you right?

    Btw, I consider this argument of yours a diversion tactic.

  8. #468
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I just looked back a few pages and I don't believe I said that their ruling was unconstitutional. I said many times however they were wrong, in which, they are.

    How does that post of mine prove you right?

    Btw, I consider this argument of yours a diversion tactic.
    Sure you did.

    You didn't just say that you think their decision was wrong. You said, and I quote

    The commerce clause only deals with trade disputes between the listed members
    and more importantly...

    2. The commerce clause does not trump the 1st or 13th amendment.
    SCOTUS says you're wrong, therefore it is constitutionally sound to not limit the commerce clause to disputes between the listed members.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Sure you did.

    You didn't just say that you think their decision was wrong. You said, and I quote


    SCOTUS says you're wrong, therefore it is constitutionally sound to not limit the commerce clause to disputes between the listed members.
    Nope. That is not how it works. The intent and the power given to the government does not change because the SC says so. They are just wrong and that wrongness needs to be mentioned and known to the entire country.

  10. #470
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Just bragging about my home town. Once in a while, we get it right.

    Vegas Boy Scouts issue statement in support of gay ban reversal - Las Vegas MyNews3 - KSNV

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •