Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 565

Thread: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You are correct....but that isn't really the issue. The commerce clause is yet another way that the states are bound by the Federal Constitution. The end result is that businesses are not free to discriminate just because they want to.
    Lol! You do realize we are talking about private property, right? You know, property that is owned by citizens of the country. This is has nothing at all to do with states being bound by the Constitution. How in the hell can use the fact that states are bound to the constitution to bind people to the same rules? Well?
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-25-13 at 11:13 PM.

  2. #452
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That is still crap for two reasons

    1. The commerce clause only deals with trade disputes between the listed members

    and more importantly...
    Actually, that's not true. Whether you like it or not (and I'm sure you don't) the Commerce Clause has been loosely interpreted to go beyond that.

    2. The commerce clause does not trump the 1st or 13th amendment.
    I never said it did. However, the 1st or 13 Amendment do not trump the Commerce Clause, either. These are separate issues.

    I left off the commerce clause argument because frankly it's even dumber.
    In your opinion. I reject Constitutional literalists/strict constructionists, so I doubt you and I will a common frame of reference in which to discuss this issue.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #453
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Lol! You do realize we are talking about private property, right? You know, property that is owned by citizens of the country. This is has nothing at all to do with states being bound by the Constitution. How in the hell can use the fact that states are bound to the constitution to bind people to the same rules? Well?
    LOL....you have zero understanding of Constitutional law. Sorry, but to engage in a debate you have to have at least some idea what you are talking about.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, that's not true. Whether you like it or not (and I'm sure you don't) the Commerce Clause has been loosely interpreted to go beyond that.
    Which makes them wrong.

    I never said it did. However, the 1st or 13 Amendment do not trump the Commerce Clause, either. These are separate issues.
    Actually, no. You can not hide behind the commerce clause when you are actively violating the 1st and 13th amendment.

    In your opinion. I reject Constitutional literalists/strict constructionists, so I doubt you and I will a common frame of reference in which to discuss this issue.
    Why? The reason the words were written does not change and nor does the power behind them. What could possibly be the reason to ignore intent?
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-26-13 at 03:12 PM.

  5. #455
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....you have zero understanding of Constitutional law. Sorry, but to engage in a debate you have to have at least some idea what you are talking about.
    You don't have any answers, do you? I have caught both you and the SC in illogical thought and as a supporter of the SC your job is to explain their illogical rulings that I question. The private property of individuals would not fall under the umbrella of the state and therefore you can not use clauses that reference the state when dealing with private property. Private property falls under the rights of the people and as such rules that govern these rights must be followed.

    What you don't want to admit is that when they referenced the fourteenth amendment they treated private property that is defined as business as if it is part of the state when it clearly is not.
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-26-13 at 03:21 PM.

  6. #456
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You don't have any answers, do you? I have caught both you and the SC in illogical thought
    Can you tell us where the constitution says that SCOTUS is not allowed to use illogical thought in its' rulings?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Can you tell us where the constitution says that SCOTUS is not allowed to use illogical thought in its' rulings?
    That is your argument?

  8. #458
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That is your argument?
    That is a question

    And I see that, once again, you're unable to answer a simple question
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is a question

    And I see that, once again, you're unable to answer a simple question
    So what if it is a question? All it does is admit the SC is wrong.

  10. #460
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So what if it is a question? All it does is admit the SC is wrong.
    Nice dodge

    Just shows how you will ignore the constitution when it proves inconvenient to your nonsensical ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •