Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 565

Thread: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

  1. #431
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never said that service could be refused BECAUSE of race. Might wanna pay attention yer own sef, sport.
    I never said you did. You claimed you never said anything about race. You did... and you just acknowledged that above. You might want to say what you mean, sport.

    And, in some cases, service canNOT be refused based on race. Depends on the business. Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discriminatory practices if the business engages in interstate commerce, such as hotels, theaters, restaurants, etc... This does NOT include private clubs.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #432
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I never said you did. You claimed you never said anything about race. You did... and you just acknowledged that above. You might want to say what you mean, sport.

    And, in some cases, service canNOT be refused based on race. Depends on the business. Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discriminatory practices if the business engages in interstate commerce, such as hotels, theaters, restaurants, etc... This does NOT include private clubs.
    I would have thought you were smart enough to know what I meant. Did I get that one wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #433
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    You'll hear about it. This is nothing but a break in the storm. Next will be the "Why can't gays be scout Masters. It isn't like all gays are pedophiles."
    Wait. Which part of this argument do you disagree with?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #434
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would have thought you were smart enough to know what I meant. Did I get that one wrong?
    I have learned it is better to not assume what people mean especially if what they are saying is unclear.

    Regardless, did you notice that I provided some information that demonstrates that in SOME cases, a business canNOT refuse service based on race?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #435
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A business has the right to refuse service to anyone. Read the sign.
    LOL....if you knew how ridiculous this post was you'd be embarrassed. I love it when people try to claim that by posting a sign a business is free to disregard the Constitution. You need to do a little research, my son......there are tons of cases out there that clearly dispel the myth that those signs mean Jack!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #436
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Do you know what I should be looking for? How does the right to association not apply to business? How does the thirteenth amendment not apply to business? How is it possible that the fourteenth amendment applies to business when it makes it very clear it only applies to states? How does the fourteenth amendment void the first and thirteenth amendment? Any answers?

    Lets see if you are willing to think about this, or not.
    Wow...I never thought a person could be wrong so many times in one post. I don't need to "Think" about this...nor is there any need to try to educate you...because it is clear that you are one of those who will cling to your "federalist" beliefs even though down deep you know that you are wrong.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #437
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never said anything about race...did I? Nice race card ya got there.

    Everything revolves around race with you Libbos. What's the deal?
    You said a company can refuse service to ANYONE. Not my fault you don't know English.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wow...I never thought a person could be wrong so many times in one post. I don't need to "Think" about this...nor is there any need to try to educate you...because it is clear that you are one of those who will cling to your "federalist" beliefs even though down deep you know that you are wrong.
    The funny is that I have gotten nothing wrong in this entire thread.

    Business is not excluded from having the right to association or the right to not be an involuntary servant.
    The fourteenth amendment does not deal with private enterprise, but only the state. Therefore, the SC is wrong.
    Property rights does include the right to control access.

    Everything I said here is fact. The Civil rights bill is unconstitutional.

    If anyone doubts me they can look for the following..

    Find where the fourteenth amendment deals with private enterprise.
    Find where business is excluded from the right to association.
    Find where business is excluded from the right to not be an involuntary servant.

    I'll wait..
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-25-13 at 09:41 PM.

  9. #439
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wait. Which part of this argument do you disagree with?
    I disagree with those who think the decision of BSA to allow gay members will be the end of it.

  10. #440
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I disagree with those who think the decision of BSA to allow gay members will be the end of it.
    ... are there people who think it will be the end of it?

    Why would anyone want it to be the end of it?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •