Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 565

Thread: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

  1. #411
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,594

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Depends on what you are saying. If you are saying that an individual person can choose who they want to associate aka "mix" with, you are correct. However, that does not apply to businesses or associations whether public or private.
    It all depends on the business, or association.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #412
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Well if you want to denigrate gays by calling them homos, feel free.

    Stating that it is not over is just a reality.

    Didn't say anything about the BSA being oppressed. People should be free to associate with whomever they want to associate as long as it isn't state sponsored. I guess some people feel more entitled than others. Personally, if I were gay, I wouldn't want to be a part of an organization that did not want me. I don't try to force my way into the Scientology Center or Nation of Islam meetings. In reality, the scouts are largely a bunch of geeks so I never had a real desire to participate. I am sure they did great things at one time, but I just don't see it today. Big Brothers is a more relevant organization to at-risk boys than the scouts.
    My son went all the way through the Cub Scout program through Webelos (speaking of gay), and I was there most of the time and it was great. He started in Scouts and it was just ponderously boring with most kids just their because their parents wanted them to have Eagle Scout on their résumé. It seems to have lost the actual point of Scouting in favor of the evidence someone did it, not unlike how education is less about actually learning today than it is about showing weakly linked evidence of learning (standardized testing).
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nope. You are absolutely wrong. Sorry.
    You can pretend it does...but it does not.
    I have explained many times just how it does. If you would like to prove me wrong, do so.

  4. #414
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So instead of Boy Scouts "marching" and singing boy scout songs will they be "skipping" and singing show tunes?
    Yeah! And when they let black people in, they started listenin to that hip hop and wearing saggy pants and gold chains right?

    No seriously this is exactly what you're doing.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #415
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I have explained many times just how it does. If you would like to prove me wrong, do so.
    You haven't prove one time how it does. Prove you wrong? Look at the Constitution. If you run a business you are not free to refuse business to someone because they are female or black or have green eyes.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You haven't prove one time how it does. Prove you wrong? Look at the Constitution. If you run a business you are not free to refuse business to someone because they are female or black or have green eyes.
    Do you know what I should be looking for? How does the right to association not apply to business? How does the thirteenth amendment not apply to business? How is it possible that the fourteenth amendment applies to business when it makes it very clear it only applies to states? How does the fourteenth amendment void the first and thirteenth amendment? Any answers?

    Lets see if you are willing to think about this, or not.

  7. #417
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,594

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You haven't prove one time how it does. Prove you wrong? Look at the Constitution. If you run a business you are not free to refuse business to someone because they are female or black or have green eyes.
    A business has the right to refuse service to anyone. Read the sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,097

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A business has the right to refuse service to anyone. Read the sign.
    racist procedures still exist ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  9. #419
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    You'll hear about it. This is nothing but a break in the storm. Next will be the "Why can't gays be scout Masters. It isn't like all gays are pedophiles."
    Your argument is pretty weak. Most girls who are abused are victims of their male father figures or close male relative. So then what? We ban male straights for adopting female children?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #420
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,594

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    racist procedures still exist ?
    Of course they do. What world do you live in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •