Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 565

Thread: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

  1. #351
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Why is this so damned hard to understand? Pretty much everybody would agree that you don't put prepubescent boys and girls together in the same tent and you damned sure don't do it when they're teens. You also don't send some adult male off into the wilderness all alone with a group of girls. That's pretty easy to understand but for some weird reason that same common sense shouldn't apply to homosexuals? Why the hell not!!??
    The girl scouts allow men to be scout leaders and girl scouts do go camping. Although I highly doubt they are the only adult out there. If they were that would be stupid for a multitude of reasons.

  2. #352
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It is your right to decide to not "mix" with whoever you want.
    True in some senses.....however, your individual right to choose not to mix does not extend to businesses, private or public. See....if you want to live in America, you have to abide by the Constitution. What you do as an individual with yourself is your business.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #353
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    True in some senses.....however, your individual right to choose not to mix does not extend to businesses, private or public. See....if you want to live in America, you have to abide by the Constitution. What you do as an individual with yourself is your business.
    businesses have "the right" to refuse service to anyone they wish... "no shirt, no shoes, no service" etc. however, the public also has "the right" not to spend money in those businesses.

    If some dumbass is willing to alienate a sizable % of the consuming public...then they have "the right" to do so and face the consequences
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #354
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    The girl scouts allow men to be scout leaders and girl scouts do go camping. Although I highly doubt they are the only adult out there. If they were that would be stupid for a multitude of reasons.
    Sure. And the Cub Scouts have Den Mothers (though I don't know so much about taking them camping). Of course at Cub Scout age there really shouldn't be anything substantial as far as sexual activity coming up.

  5. #355
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And I eagerly await the freakishly hateful statements that will inevitably come from people like the Family Research Council.
    And right on cue one of the Family Research Councils stooges begins the hate.


  6. #356
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    businesses have "the right" to refuse service to anyone they wish... "no shirt, no shoes, no service" etc. however, the public also has "the right" not to spend money in those businesses.

    If some dumbass is willing to alienate a sizable % of the consuming public...then they have "the right" to do so and face the consequences
    LOL.....Wrongo......just because you post a sign doesn't mean that you can disregard the Constitution. I love it when people try to make that ridiculous claim.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    True in some senses.....however, your individual right to choose not to mix does not extend to businesses, private or public. See....if you want to live in America, you have to abide by the Constitution. What you do as an individual with yourself is your business.
    I'm not ignoring the Constitution with my argument.

  8. #358
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    I don't understand your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by jschie View Post
    I think You will see it, if...

    Do you get turned on when you shower with someone of the other sex?
    If You say "Yes" I think You should have some problems with sex at all...

  9. #359
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm not ignoring the Constitution with my argument.
    Depends on what you are saying. If you are saying that an individual person can choose who they want to associate aka "mix" with, you are correct. However, that does not apply to businesses or associations whether public or private.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #360
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Like I said, my complaint is that this creates a "special" bloc in the unit.

    It's a shortcut to "respect" that the other kids don't get and instead of instilling the principles by which one earns respect it shows the kids that there is always a way to cop out and get something for free that others have to earn.
    Not necessarily, no.

    According to whom exactly? Could you provide us with anything that would hint at gays being given preferential treatment or being spared from the criteria that the remainder of the troop is held to?

Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •