Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 565

Thread: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

  1. #271
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    No idea, but apparently the BSA felt it was necessary. Given that it was in the past, I think it's fair to have one now.
    Well, it seems that is true. I suppose time will tell whether the Gay Lobby will have won the battle, but lost the war.

  2. #272
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, it seems that is true. I suppose time will tell whether the Gay Lobby will have won the battle, but lost the war.
    God, you so desperately want this to be true, don't you?
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  3. #273
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Those which they put as part of their mission, which have no logical gripe with homosexuality.

    As for the badge thing, I think I misunderstood. I know that they have kicked out some Eagle Scouts for being gay, but I can't find where they have actually taken back badges/medals. My bad. It is actually the people sending back their badges until full equality is gained.
    I got you. I was wondering what badges would be taken back. It seemed a bit absurd. "Sorry, no hiking badge for you".

  4. #274
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The right to life.



    Not forcing property owners to accept everyone on their property is a wacky idea??

    I'm guessing you wouldn't have a problem if they made the same rules for your home or your body, right?




    Wrong.

    The 1964 Civil Rights Act is still in effect and you will never do away with it.





    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  5. #275
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    God, you so desperately want this to be true, don't you?


    Naw. But it's critical for you to think that, isn't it?

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Wrong.

    The 1964 Civil Rights Act is still in effect and you will never do away with it.
    That is some argument. I seem to recall conservatives loving that argument in battles they lost eventually.

    Btw, you realize I'm not talking about the entire law, right?


    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    Why do you keep posting that quote? It doesn't apply here.

  7. #277
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post


    Naw. But it's critical for you to think that, isn't it?
    Why do you think that? I'm not the one who thinks that homosexuality is an offense against the moral structure of the universe.
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  8. #278
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Why do you think that? I'm not the one who thinks that homosexuality is an offense against the moral structure of the universe.


    NURSE! EINZIGE HAS LEFT HIS ROOM AGAIN!!

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The thirteenth amendment is redundant. Even before it was put in place no one had the right to own another human being or the right to anyone else's labor or service.

    Btw, your argument is bizarre. I'm making a constitutional argument as it stands now. If you would like to change the constitution to make my argument invalid you would have to rip into some pretty well supported elements. Good luck.
    Ok, since the clue by four has not yet reached critical mass to get through I guess i will point out that yes the constitution is not perfect today and we still have the ability to amend it because it is not always right. make your argument based on rationality and logic and not based on the rightousness of a document that admits it can be wrong. I know you want to make the lazy argument that the constitution says so so it must be right, but it simply is not the case since the constitution can be wrong which makes your basis for being right flawed logically. So you have to not be lazy and actually get into the reasoning and rationality behind the document and make an argument as to why every company should be allowed to discriminate even if it means denying land sales or even food to a minority because the store owners feel they should have the freedom to remove the rights of other people to do things like eat or own land.

    Oh, and i would just like to point out the constitution actually says your initial argument that businesses can chose to discriminate in all areas due to freedom is not constitutional. So even by your own lazy piss poor argument that the constitution says so, your argument is wrong. What is worse is you are actually using the anti-prejudice amendments that actually restrict the prejudicial actions of commercial entities to argue with me which is insanity on an astronomical level since you are arguing businesses have a constitutional right to discriminate. Yes, you did the logical equivalent of dividing by zero. I was being very nice for not pointing out you don't even understand your own argument.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Ok, since the clue by four has not yet reached critical mass to get through I guess i will point out that yes the constitution is not perfect today and we still have the ability to amend it because it is not always right. make your argument based on rationality and logic and not based on the rightousness of a document that admits it can be wrong. I know you want to make the lazy argument that the constitution says so so it must be right, but it simply is not the case since the constitution can be wrong which makes your basis for being right flawed logically. So you have to not be lazy and actually get into the reasoning and rationality behind the document and make an argument as to why every company should be allowed to discriminate even if it means denying land sales or even food to a minority because the store owners feel they should have the freedom to remove the rights of other people to do things like eat or own land.
    Yeah, and until you propose a change my argument will stand.

    Oh, and i would just like to point out the constitution actually says your initial argument that businesses can chose to discriminate in all areas due to freedom is not constitutional. So even by your own lazy piss poor argument that the constitution says so, your argument is wrong. What is worse is you are actually using the anti-prejudice amendments that actually restrict the prejudicial actions of commercial entities to argue with me which is insanity on an astronomical level since you are arguing businesses have a constitutional right to discriminate. Yes, you did the logical equivalent of dividing by zero. I was being very nice for not pointing out you don't even understand your own argument.
    Lol! So no one can put you into involuntary servitude but you can put business owners into involuntary servitude?! Yeah, that is some logic alright. Would you like to try again?

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •