Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 565

Thread: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

  1. #131
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    What makes you think the scoutmasters wouldn't have asked him to step aside just because they didn't want to actually deal with the situation?
    why should I assume they would? I am just going by the story you're relating. If there are other points you think I should know about, then outline them

  2. #132
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm not assuming that at all. I am saying that some of them are. Why can't you acknowledge that? Come up with a counter to the argument that a flamboyant, openly-gay guy in Scouts would be uncomfortable to an awful lot of people? Or don't you think that's true?
    Yeah, stereotypes just don't form out of the ether.

  3. #133
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Any tradition the scouts uphold is based on responsibility and personal trust. Never once did I hear about any 'no-gay' tradition.
    Well, is being gay a part of the traditional view of the ideal american male? If not, then you have your answer, kemosabe

  4. #134
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,881
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    why should I assume they would?
    Because that was the environment we had. All because of some stupid rule that had no basis for support.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  5. #135
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,881
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Well, is being gay a part of the traditional view of the ideal american male? If not, then you have your answer, kemosabe
    No part of Boy Scout tradition was there a clause saying "No Gays". And for the Boy Scouts actually started out as English, if I remember correctly.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    ORRRRRR some people love the Scouting principles just not the rather out dated traditions and some would say, good ol' fashioned bigotry. I can see a day where it is Scouts and not divided by sex, well at least outside the tents!
    Thank you for affirming my suspicions.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    You have no clue what you're talking about. This is a great thing for the BSA. There was no reason to have this ban.
    So come camp out time where as a rule two scouts per pup tent is the standard who sleeps with who? Do you force a straight kid to sleep next to the gay boy that has a crush on him or do you put gays in the same tents for a little sex camp rendezvous? What is the difference between putting a boy and a girl in the same tent than either of these options or is that your ultimate goal here?

  8. #138
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    No part of Boy Scout tradition was there a clause saying "No Gays".
    right, they only appeal to some classic view of the traditional and ideal american male, which didn't include being gay.

    And for the Boy Scouts actually started out as English, if I remember correctly.
    The same would apply. That stuff was based on the whole victorian adventurer kick

  9. #139
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dresden, Germany
    Last Seen
    07-09-16 @ 12:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    229

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    If there are any gay people reading this, do you get turned on when you shower with someone of the same sex?
    I think You will see it, if...

    Do you get turned on when you shower with someone of the other sex?
    If You say "Yes" I think You should have some problems with sex at all...

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: Boy Scouts vote to welcome gay members

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Thank you for affirming my suspicions.
    Your welcome

    Though not sure why my opinion affirms anything our yours, you have suspicions even without affirmation...

    Having a penis that will one day stiffen for girls and not boys isn't the defining 'tradition' of the Boy Scouts. You seem intent on forgetting the motto and activities these Scouts have and dwell on first having a penis and second where it will go when it grows up....

    I'm starting to get me some of those suspicions....

Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •