Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 195

Thread: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

  1. #171
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I've generally seen top 1% average effective tax rate as being around 20%, I don't know where they get 24%, but that's pretty close. Is 20% really the worst thing in the world? If you're making over a million a year in income is that communism? socialism? tyranny? You're making over a million to begin with... things seem to have worked out well for you. What about the ultra-wealthy, why not have them pay more, how about 25% instead of 15%? Would that be fair?
    if half of america is paying NOTHING and demanding we pay more that is disgusting.

    how about people paying for what they use? that is fair in every transaction except government service

    is it fair for ten net tax consumers to constantly vote up the rates of one net tax payer?



  2. #172
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if half of america is paying NOTHING and demanding we pay more that is disgusting.

    how about people paying for what they use? that is fair in every transaction except government service

    is it fair for ten net tax consumers to constantly vote up the rates of one net tax payer?
    They do pay though. This is what you guys never get. Capitalism is a system. Here is an example.

    Lets say you make 20k a year and pay 0% income tax, free ride right? Well if you work for a company and you are a valuable worker you do more work than you get paid for, surplus. So lets say you do 40k worth of work and get paid 20k, that leaves 20k in surplus for the company. The company takes that money and pays the upper guys, corporate taxes, reinvests in the company, etc. All that extra money, surplus, derived from the worker gets taxed.

    What if instead you pay that same worker 30k a year and have them pay 33% income tax and lower tax rates on upper earners, corporations, etc to balance it out? Everybody would end up with the same amount of money, the only difference is the guy making 30k and paying 33% income tax could go on the internet and cry about how its not fair, he pays too much. Yet in the previous example he was a mooch, a drain on society.

    You have to look at the whole system... Stop looking at people at the bottom of the barrel and being jealous, lmao. People making poverty wages are not stealing your lunch.

  3. #173
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    They do pay though. This is what you guys never get. Capitalism is a system. Here is an example.

    Lets say you make 20k a year and pay 0% income tax, free ride right? Well if you work for a company and you are a valuable worker you do more work than you get paid for, surplus. So lets say you do 40k worth of work and get paid 20k, that leaves 20k in surplus for the company. The company takes that money and pays the upper guys, corporate taxes, reinvests in the company, etc. All that extra money, surplus, derived from the worker gets taxed.

    What if instead you pay that same worker 30k a year and have them pay 33% income tax and lower tax rates on upper earners, corporations, etc to balance it out? Everybody would end up with the same amount of money, the only difference is the guy making 30k and paying 33% income tax could go on the internet and cry about how its not fair, he pays too much. Yet in the previous example he was a mooch, a drain on society.

    You have to look at the whole system... Stop looking at people at the bottom of the barrel and being jealous, lmao. People making poverty wages are not stealing your lunch.
    the people stealing are the politicians who appeal to people like you to give them power and wealth. they use our money to buy power with your votes



  4. #174
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the people stealing are the politicians who appeal to people like you to give them power and wealth. they use our money to buy power with your votes
    Ohhhh stop it. I don't want politicians dictating who gets what any more than you do. I would like to see this whole sick, broken system unwinded into something where everyone gets an appropriate amount of power and compensation for what they contribute. I think a lot of people focus way too much on government robbing them when in actuality the private sector is just as bad. In the case of the U.S. I'd say the private sector is far worse. Yes the private sector abuses government to get protection, but pure "free markets" would give us the same result from a different beast. They would find a way to rig the market just as they do with regulations, the government, bribery, etc.

    We don't need less government we need better government.

  5. #175
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariak View Post
    smh... I want you to know you are a bigot, and I have no respect for you if you approve of this man's ignorant messages.

    1777pilot
    -100 respect
    Thank you.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  6. #176
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,613

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    and some of the people in Virginia will vote for this demented fool



    A few of his 'nice, Christian' words included such phrases as:
    “Homosexuality is a horrible sin, it poisons culture, it destroys families, it destroys societies; it brings the judgment of God unlike very few things that we can think of,”

    “Their minds are perverted, they’re frankly very sick people psychologically, mentally and emotionally and they see everything through the lens of homosexuality. When they talk about love they’re not talking about love, they’re talking about homosexual sex.”

    He has also called Democrats “slave masters” and compared Planned Parenthood to the Ku Klux Klan. He also has said the Democratic Party has “An agenda worthy of the Antichrist.”

    “Liberalism and their ideas have done more to kill black folks whom they claim so much to love than the Ku Klux Klan, lynching and slavery and Jim Crow ever did, now that’s a fact,”
    Not sure what is there to apologize for and if he doesnt regret them, why should he apologize for them?

  7. #177
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Not sure what is there to apologize for and if he doesnt regret them, why should he apologize for them?
    Shouldn't have to be explained.

  8. #178
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,613

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Shouldn't have to be explained.
    Indeed. Up until he decided he needed to exploit their vote and collect their campaign cash, the president of this great country felt the same way (though he was much more politically correct in how he said it). They both maintained their belief, based on their faith that homosexuality was 'wrong'. In a non-PC expression, it would be called a 'sin'. In a PC expression it was just 'wrong' and gay marriage was something he was opposed to. Now...maybe the lt gov could have been more delicate in his expressions. Still...he believes it, he should in no way apologize for the statements. (And BTW...poll a good many number of Obama supporters, especially in the black and latino communities, and you will find they agree with him as well).

  9. #179
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Indeed. Up until he decided he needed to exploit their vote and collect their campaign cash, the president of this great country felt the same way (though he was much more politically correct in how he said it). They both maintained their belief, based on their faith that homosexuality was 'wrong'. In a non-PC expression, it would be called a 'sin'. In a PC expression it was just 'wrong' and gay marriage was something he was opposed to. Now...maybe the lt gov could have been more delicate in his expressions. Still...he believes it, he should in no way apologize for the statements. (And BTW...poll a good many number of Obama supporters, especially in the black and latino communities, and you will find they agree with him as well).
    Let's not be obtuse here. Jackson went far and beyond simply opposing same-sex marriage in his spiel, asserting that homosexuals were incapable of love, only primal sexual urges. His statements condemn homosexuals as a whole, as individuals not worthy of respect. His comments contrasting his political opposition with slave owners, the Klu Klux Klan, and the antichrist are also reprehensible and deserves nothing but rebuke. Again, something that shouldn't have to be explained to adults and the mentally capable.

  10. #180
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,613

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Let's not be obtuse here. Jackson went far and beyond simply opposing same-sex marriage in his spiel, asserting that homosexuals were incapable of love, only primal sexual urges. His statements condemn homosexuals as a whole, as individuals not worthy of respect. His comments contrasting his political opposition with slave owners, the Klu Klux Klan, and the Antichrist are also reprehensible and deserves nothing but rebuke. Again, something that shouldn't have to be explained to adults and the mentally capable.
    I was not being obtuse, I was speaking directly. Jackson spoke his true feelings about homosexuality and about liberal policies and the devastating effect it has had on the black community. He didnt bathe his comments in political correctness. He didnt do any of the typical "well...PERSONALLY I believe it is WRONG...but...its not for me to say" bull****. He didnt mince words. He spoke his belief and there is nothing to apologize for. Feel free to disagree the **** out of what he says and dont apologize for YOUR position either. As for his comments re liberal policies...dood...seriously...LOOK at the typical black community across the country.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 06-08-13 at 10:18 AM.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •