Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 195

Thread: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

  1. #161
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    The rich have wittled out a larger percentage of the pie for themselves while paying lower tax rates.
    that is a silly lie

    the rich pay the highest rates on every possible progressive tax


    they pay far more than they use in government services. most americans consume more government services than they pay for



  2. #162
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is a silly lie

    the rich pay the highest rates on every possible progressive tax


    they pay far more than they use in government services. most americans consume more government services than they pay for
    A silly lie? Why because reality would break your argument?

    Oh course they pay more in services than they use, they also get paid 1000x more than anyone else.

    I don't think you see both sides.

  3. #163
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    A silly lie? Why because reality would break your argument?

    Oh course they pay more in services than they use, they also get paid 1000x more than anyone else.

    I don't think you see both sides.
    so you believe in from each according to their ability?

    the fact is-the top two percent pay many dollars for each dollar of government service they receive

    and yet you whine they don't pay enough



  4. #164
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Obama claiming the rich don't pay their fair share is demonizing people based on blatant lies.
    I'm not really a fan of such rhetoric, as I prefer to determine taxation policy based on economic calculus rather than arbitrary concepts like "fair share". In any case, your example is nothing like Jackson's. Obama does not hate rich people, he is rich himself. I know who much you love to whine about how persecuted the wealthy are, but its laughable to compare the bigotry accusing homosexuals of destroying society with progressive taxation.

  5. #165
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    I'm not really a fan of such rhetoric, as I prefer to determine taxation policy based on economic calculus rather than arbitrary concepts like "fair share". In any case, your example is nothing like Jackson's. Obama does not hate rich people, he is rich himself. I know who much you love to whine about how persecuted the wealthy are, but its laughable to compare the bigotry accusing homosexuals of destroying society with progressive taxation.
    Obama clearly despises gun owners.

    how are gays being persecuted these days? not being able to marry?



  6. #166
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so you believe in from each according to their ability?

    the fact is-the top two percent pay many dollars for each dollar of government service they receive

    and yet you whine they don't pay enough
    Oh please, sticking a piece of Communist manifesto in there and asking if I agree with it, you're funny.

    Why do you keep restating the pay more taxes than they receive in services line?

    Workers do more work than they receive in pay. The top one percent get paid 1000x more than the average worker. Their effective tax rate is often in the teens. They are afforded many, many benefits the average worker does not get. Yet you stick to this one silly tidbit as though its an all ending argument. That extra money they pay in taxes is used to build society. A society that provides a framework for their businesses to function.

    You cherry pick a couple elements out of the system to whine about and ignore the fact that those on top have it so, so, so good.

    Are you really complaining they are somehow victims, are you a victim?

  7. #167
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Oh please, sticking a piece of Communist manifesto in there and asking if I agree with it, you're funny.

    Why do you keep restating the pay more taxes than they receive in services line?

    Workers do more work than they receive in pay. The top one percent get paid 1000x more than the average worker. Their effective tax rate is often in the teens. They are afforded many, many benefits the average worker does not get. Yet you stick to this one silly tidbit as though its an all ending argument. That extra money they pay in taxes is used to build society. A society that provides a framework for their businesses to function.

    You cherry pick a couple elements out of the system to whine about and ignore the fact that those on top have it so, so, so good.

    Are you really complaining they are somehow victims, are you a victim?
    complete crap. you are confusing earned income tax rates with investment rates.



  8. #168
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    complete crap. you are confusing earned income tax rates with investment rates.
    Which is what the high rollers deal in. Are you really telling me they pay 20%+ effective tax rates?

  9. #169
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Which is what the high rollers deal in. Are you really telling me they pay 25%+ effective tax rates?
    I am in the top 1 percent and I do. those of us in the top 1% making less than five million a year pay the highest effective tax rates in the USA. once people are making 8 figures, then its usually investment income-dividends of course are taxed twice and your calculations don't take into account that stuff taxed at 15% was often taxed at 35% before it even gets to them


    this is a good explanation. very few of those in the "top one percent" are actually paying those warren buffett rates

    The Very Rich Are Different--They Pay A Lower Tax Rate - Forbes



  10. #170
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Lt. gov. nominee Jackson says ‘no apologies’ for past comments on gays, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am in the top 1 percent and I do. those of us in the top 1% making less than five million a year pay the highest effective tax rates in the USA. once people are making 8 figures, then its usually investment income-dividends of course are taxed twice and your calculations don't take into account that stuff taxed at 15% was often taxed at 35% before it even gets to them


    this is a good explanation. very few of those in the "top one percent" are actually paying those warren buffett rates

    The Very Rich Are Different--They Pay A Lower Tax Rate - Forbes
    I've generally seen top 1% average effective tax rate as being around 20%, I don't know where they get 24%, but that's pretty close. Is 20% really the worst thing in the world? If you're making over a million a year in income is that communism? socialism? tyranny? You're making over a million to begin with... things seem to have worked out well for you. What about the ultra-wealthy, why not have them pay more, how about 25% instead of 15%? Would that be fair?

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •