Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 508

Thread: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    We get it. You believe a British citizen was justified in killing another British citizen because barrack Obama is a murderous scumbag.
    No, I don't believe the killing was justified, that's just the straw man that you've created and beat to death.

  2. #392
    Guru
    Fallenangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel/Russia/UK
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Interesting logic you have there. The United States invades and destroys the secular dictatorship of Iraq, which then gets replaced by a fundamentalist "democracy." The US funds a fundamentalist Islamic insurgency that overthrows the secular, socialist government of Afghanistan. The United States overthrows the democratically elected, socialist government of Iran under Mossagdeh.
    On the other hand, we have the United States propping up the most fundamentalist regime on Earth in Saudi Arabia.
    You're absolutely right, no matter what our government does, they get radicalized, because our government does everything in it's power to achieve that end.
    Just showed you no matter, what US does Muslims are still being radicalized.
    If your "logic" was correct, and only US intervention radicalizes Muslims - Saudi Arabia and Qatar are supposed to be secular states by now.

    Fallen.
    Click me > My Artsy Stuff

    "You’ve got one life, there’s no save-point and you’re going to die. Go out like a ****ing man!" - Brad Rigney

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post
    Just showed you no matter, what US does Muslims are still being radicalized.
    If your "logic" was correct, and only US intervention radicalizes Muslims - Saudi Arabia and Qatar are supposed to be secular states by now.

    Fallen.
    Facepalm.

    Interesting logic you have there. The United States invades and destroys the secular dictatorship of Iraq, which then gets replaced by a fundamentalist "democracy." The US funds a fundamentalist Islamic insurgency that overthrows the secular, socialist government of Afghanistan. The United States overthrows the democratically elected, socialist government of Iran under Mossagdeh.

    On the other hand, we have the United States propping up the most fundamentalist regime on Earth in Saudi Arabia.

    You're absolutely right, no matter what our government does, they get radicalized, because our government does everything in it's power to achieve that end.

    You do realize that propping up dictators is a form of interventionism, right?

  4. #394
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Ok, then let's talk about what we do kill innocent people for, like "spreading democracy" or "spreading western values."
    What do you mean by "innocent people"? Do you mean innocents that we are specifically targeting, like various public bombinb campaigns carried out by actual terrorist organizations, or are you talking about collateral damage, that is born out of the necessities for waging war and is clearly accepted within such documents as the geneva convention?

    Is this an indictment of of democracy or western values? Yes or no.
    Depends on what you are exactly talking about. You're posts seem rather vague and based on various faulty assumptions. So they are hard to address in any substantial manner.

    Secondly, support for radicalism and fundamentalism (in the context of executing gays and apostates) is rather widespread in the islamic world. And while I don't think that makes islam and muslims inherently bad, there are certain trends within the religion that helps fuel those rather large bad elements. With the big one being the lack of distinction between godly and earthly law

    Of course, that is not to say there isn't a reaction to foreign policy going on here, either. But as problematic as it is, the hindu nationalist movement has largely moderated, while the Deobondi school of islam is still fueling the Taliban, ideologically.


    We've killed a lot more people than the Muslims have.
    So what? If I have a hundred people storm my home to rape my children, and kill 60 before running them off, and they don't have an opportunity to kill anyone, that doesn't make my attempt at defense any less morally right, and their attack and intentions any less morally wrong.

  5. #395
    Guru
    Fallenangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel/Russia/UK
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Facepalm.

    Interesting logic you have there. The United States invades and destroys the secular dictatorship of Iraq, which then gets replaced by a fundamentalist "democracy." The US funds a fundamentalist Islamic insurgency that overthrows the secular, socialist government of Afghanistan. The United States overthrows the democratically elected, socialist government of Iran under Mossagdeh.
    On the other hand, we have the United States propping up the most fundamentalist regime on Earth in Saudi Arabia.
    You're absolutely right, no matter what our government does, they get radicalized, because our government does everything in it's power to achieve that end.
    You do realize that propping up dictators is a form of interventionism, right?
    You can keep facepalming yourself more if you want, because you just showed that you do not know what you are talking about.

    The radicalization of Saudi Sunnis began in mid 20th century, long before Iraq/Afghanistan, it continued and was only amplified by anti-western rhetoric during the wars, but it began long before that.

    Btw the house of Saud isn't the most radical part of Saudi Arabia, nor of the world - it doesn't mean that they are any good either.

    Wanna try and come up with another theory?

    Fallen.
    Click me > My Artsy Stuff

    "You’ve got one life, there’s no save-point and you’re going to die. Go out like a ****ing man!" - Brad Rigney

  6. #396
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Well, Londoners should be enlightened enough to rise above this and ask the jihadists for forgiveness, right liberals?

  7. #397
    User Skunked_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    06-01-13 @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    115

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Where else in the world are Jews, Buddhists or Christians suicide bombing innocents or cutting people heads off? Sounds to me like one particular religion is off the farm.
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves" - Witch Hunt- Rush

  8. #398
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked_Ape View Post
    Where else in the world are Jews, Buddhists or Christians suicide bombing innocents or cutting people heads off? Sounds to me like one particular religion is off the farm.
    Burma and africa. But it's more a question of degree, not non-existence

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    IRONY!

    Newtown doesn't represent all Christians but for some bizarre, Alice in Wonderland reason, this man represents all Muslims?
    Did the Newtown shooter do his deed in the name of Jesus?

    For your logic to make sense, this shooter would have attacked the Newtown school because they were not Christians. Do you have anything showing this to be a fact?

  10. #400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack: latest

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked_Ape View Post
    Where else in the world are Jews, Buddhists or Christians suicide bombing innocents or cutting people heads off? Sounds to me like one particular religion is off the farm.
    The majority of followers of Islam are not off killing everyone. Instead of bashing an entire religion, why not bash just those that commit atrocities in the name of said religion?

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •