Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 167

Thread: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You can keep spitting out the same rants all you like, it doesn't make them more valid. The idea that gay marriage doesn't count is your opinion, not fact. Comparing race rights to gay rights sure seems valid, because you guys are using the exact same arguments. EXACTLY THE SAME. but feel free to throw out the race card some more if it makes you feel better.
    Who is ranting. I'm not the one laughing and cheering some guy's suicide because he opposed a gay marriage. I'm calmly stating facts you cannot dispute. Comparing gays demanding the special right to change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ? is not even remotely comparable to the real struggle blacks have gone through in this country. Being gay is not a race. There is no scientific evidence there is a gay gene. Gay Marriage is not a civil right.

    Marriage hasn't always been man + woman. Sometimes it was man + many women or man + slave or man + rape victim and then it was man + woman of the same race. Lots of things have been traditional. That doesn't make them right.
    The notion that marriage = man + woman is the oldest notion of an institution in human history. Even the Spartans (who engaged in rampant homosexuality) never tried to change the definition of marriage. They revered and respected the tradition and institution because they realized it has a specific purpose for the Human Race. If gays had the same respect they would create a new institution to fit their selfish needs but we both know this has nothing to do with gays or civil rights or even marriage. The real target is the family unit.

    If you can't identify any measurable harm caused by legalizing same-sex marriage, on what grounds should the government of the United States ban it?
    If gays want to have a ceremony and call it marriage and have their pretend marriages like roller coaster girl more power to them. Doesn't make it real marriage however. It never will be.

    We don't really know what the long term consequences are going to be to society. What we do know is that children do best when raised by their biological parents in a low conflict household. Depriving them that right to push a political agenda is wrong. Kids deserve their mom and dad.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    So a guy offs himself because some gays can get married.

    What.
    The.
    ****?
    And the far right nativist organization in France (similar to our Tea party) praises him. I hope this becomes a trend in the US.

  3. #73
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    I think it's a great way to make a statement and I would like to see SSM opponents commit suicide publicly. If enough of them volunteer, it will definitely have a societal impact. One or two, not so much but if thousands would do it, I bet the race toward SSM would be substantially delayed.

    Vive Le France!

  4. #74
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    You people are ghouls.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  5. #75
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    You people are ghouls.
    Actually I am an alien.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  6. #76
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Who is ranting. I'm not the one laughing and cheering some guy's suicide because he opposed a gay marriage. I'm calmly stating facts you cannot dispute. Comparing gays demanding the special right to change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ? is not even remotely comparable to the real struggle blacks have gone through in this country. Being gay is not a race. There is no scientific evidence there is a gay gene. Gay Marriage is not a civil right.



    The notion that marriage = man + woman is the oldest notion of an institution in human history. Even the Spartans (who engaged in rampant homosexuality) never tried to change the definition of marriage. They revered and respected the tradition and institution because they realized it has a specific purpose for the Human Race. If gays had the same respect they would create a new institution to fit their selfish needs but we both know this has nothing to do with gays or civil rights or even marriage. The real target is the family unit.



    If gays want to have a ceremony and call it marriage and have their pretend marriages like roller coaster girl more power to them. Doesn't make it real marriage however. It never will be.

    We don't really know what the long term consequences are going to be to society. What we do know is that children do best when raised by their biological parents in a low conflict household. Depriving them that right to push a political agenda is wrong. Kids deserve their mom and dad.
    really? you think anybody honest believes that?
    what "facts"

    if this is true and you are so sure about it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, teach us all a lesson

    please list your facts in number form and links/logic to support them, we'd LOVE to read them.

    Go!
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-22-13 at 02:32 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    You people are ghouls.
    The teapartylike National Front praises a homophobe who killed himself in a church to protest gay rights, and you call us ghoulish.

    Conservatism has always had a strain of death culture in it.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    really? you think anybody honest believes that?
    what "facts"

    if this is true and you are so sure about it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, teach us all a lesson

    please list your facts in number form and links/logic to support them, we'd LOVE to read them.

    Go!
    Umm, what in Bronson's post# 71 is not supported by facts? Or put more correctly, what facts do you have to refute his?

    I expect a lot of "lol's" in the next few exchanges, but that has sadly become par-for-the-course around here dealing with the likes of you.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #79
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    The teapartylike National Front praises a homophobe who killed himself in a church to protest gay rights, and you call us ghoulish.

    Conservatism has always had a strain of death culture in it.
    Does anybody even read what you say anymore? I ask in all seriousness.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Does anybody even read what you say anymore? I ask in all seriousness.


    Tim-
    You just did. And no, nobody takes you seriously.

    Meanwhile that fact that the teapartylike National Front has praised the cathedral suicide demonstrates the death culture that conservatism is famous for.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •