Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 167

Thread: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    depends on the why and how of it now doesn't it?

    AM pretty sure killing yourself in protest of gays getting the right to marry does make you an incredible dumb ass, and i have never considered bigots all that smart...
    I know being anon on the internet gives you the luxury to act like a clown, but suicide is not something to laugh at. This guy was obviously very troubled beyond his opposition to gay marriage. Psychologically and emotionally to take your own life is never as simple as opposing a political issue. There are other factors that need to be considered. Obviously the OP created this thread to laugh at the guy and clown on him, but he and anyone else doing that is only making a spectacle of themselves.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Gays are not demanding "equal rights"

    They are demanding the special right to redefine marriage as it has been known since the beginning of mankind. They are demanding that special right over any other interest group that wants to redefine marriage based upon their sexual behavior. They are demanding the special right to completely change the oldest tradition and institution in human history.

    Opposing that doesn't make someone a bigot.

    The fact that you're laughing at this troubled soul who took his own life because he opposed your political opinion on gay marriage speaks volumes. Shame on you.


    Even if all you say is true..................There is nothing about the past order of things to make it sacrosanct.....................Sounds like "man" thinks he's perfect....................

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Even if all you say is true..................There is nothing about the past order of things to make it sacrosanct.....................Sounds like "man" thinks he's perfect....................
    There is nothing about gay marriage that improves upon marriage

    It's pointless and pretend marriage

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well bigot is subjective and id say in general i disagree its a very grey area

    define "opposing"

    just thinking, feeling its wrong? no that person is not a bigot

    actively trying to stop equal rights for gays, id consider you a class A bigot

    but again, its a subjective term.

    do you disagree?
    You know that gray is spelled with an "a," don't you?

    You've even got it wrong in your sig line. Just a friendly heads-up.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I know being anon on the internet gives you the luxury to act like a clown, but suicide is not something to laugh at. This guy was obviously very troubled beyond his opposition to gay marriage. Psychologically and emotionally to take your own life is never as simple as opposing a political issue. There are other factors that need to be considered. Obviously the OP created this thread to laugh at the guy and clown on him, but he and anyone else doing that is only making a spectacle of themselves.
    Oh I mock such suicides in person too, YOU maybe a fraud online but I am as I type. Oh no crap he was one messed up puppy but that doesn't excuse him from ridicule. I've seen too many good men die to do anymore than mock and get back to living my life.

    We will see just how 'sensitive' you are about those who are not batcrap crazy in support of positions you agree with killing themselves for totally piss ignorant reasons.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is nothing about gay marriage that improves upon marriage

    It's pointless and pretend marriage
    Maybe the Right shouldn't have spent so much time denigrating promiscuity back in the 70's and 80's..................just a thought....................

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    You said that since he didn't respect the sanctity of his own life, we shouldn't respect the sanctity of his life either. That's a nice logical fallacy that we all learn as kids: two wrongs don't make a right.

    Whether he respected his own life is irrelevant. It's not about placing blame for his death. It's about the disgusting lack of taste shown by some who would come on here and make jokes about a man, probably mentally ill, who took his own life.

    It's sickening and vulgar.
    No I didn't. A suicide is tragic, but when it comes to blame for it, the blame rests nowhere in this case but on the man himself.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    No I didn't. A suicide is tragic, but when it comes to blame for it, the blame rests nowhere in this case but on the man himself.
    So let me quote part of what I already told you....

    "It's not about placing blame for his death. It's about the disgusting lack of taste shown by some who would come on here and make jokes about a man, probably mentally ill, who took his own life.

    It's sickening and vulgar."

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I think that is just psychological disturbance and nothing else. Fortunately, he did not decide to kill other people so we shouldn't curse him too much.
    That's right. He must have contemplated killing himself previously and simply used this as an excuse when he finally carried out his fantasy.. People tend do try to give a reason for their final act but ultimately it's all depression related.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    So let me quote part of what I already told you....

    "It's not about placing blame for his death. It's about the disgusting lack of taste shown by some who would come on here and make jokes about a man, probably mentally ill, who took his own life.

    It's sickening and vulgar."


    Would it be safe to assume he wasn't a "top" ?......................

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •