Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 167

Thread: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) angry? LMAO why do you think i was angry because of the "lols" and smiley faces? sorry as usual you are 100% wrong and projecting again
    2.) again this is factually not true per the dictionary listing it as a alternative spelling/variant/substitute.
    3.) not needed you are factually wrong and i dont know about those other words if they are listed the same but they are irrelevant to you being wrong
    4.) and they exploded in your face because your "knowledge" has been proven wrong let me know if you need educated any further.
    You are a very emotional man. I don't think I want to engage you on your level. I tried to provide you with some free knowledge, which, you were obviously too prideful to accept. Carry on.

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    1.)You are a very emotional man.
    2.)I don't think I want to engage you on your level.
    3.)I tried to provide you with some free knowledge
    4.), which, you were obviously too prideful to accept. Carry on.
    1.) evidence? links? factual proof?
    2.) so far you have proven incapable because i use facts and or logic and you have not
    3.) your knowledge was factual wrong
    4.) wrong again, i wasnt stupid enough to believe your lie, inability to recognize the truth and or your lack of education on this specific topic pick one
    5.) i will carry on, carry on being right

    if you disagree by all means PLEASE "factually" prove otherwise. Your information you provide was wrong. But its very funny watching you continue to lie about it and trying to save face after making such a mistake.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Professor
    Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,674

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Gray is the American spelling. I'm not "picking on" anything, I'm trying to educate our friend. He didn't need to take offense.
    There was equally no need to comment upon Agent J's spelling of the word. 'Grey' is the original spelling of the word in the English language. Note that it is the English language, and that there is no such thing as the American language. The spelling variations and grammatical solecisms peculiar to American English do not make it a language (any more than Québécois French is a separate language). It is merely a dialect of English, and the conventions of provincial usage do not make the original spelling incorrect.

    Furthermore, it should be remembered that the internet is an international venue, irrespective of where the server may be located, so the conventions of US society do not rule this, or any other, international discussion board.
    I hate the idea of causes, and if I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country. E.M. Forster

  4. #104
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,569

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Please explain what your objection is to my obviously ridiculous statement.
    Seeing that you want to see people commit suicide is despicable.
    Last edited by Scrabaholic; 05-22-13 at 10:57 PM.

  5. #105
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,569

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Gray is the American spelling. I'm not "picking on" anything, I'm trying to educate our friend. He didn't need to take offense.
    Irrelevant - there is no law saying he has to spell the "american" way.

  6. #106
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    There was equally no need to comment upon Agent J's spelling of the word. 'Grey' is the original spelling of the word in the English language. Note that it is the English language, and that there is no such thing as the American language. The spelling variations and grammatical solecisms peculiar to American English do not make it a language (any more than Québécois French is a separate language). It is merely a dialect of English, and the conventions of provincial usage do not make the original spelling incorrect.

    Furthermore, it should be remembered that the internet is an international venue, irrespective of where the server may be located, so the conventions of US society do not rule this, or any other, international discussion board.
    sometimes when people are proven wrong in their other arguments they try to save face by pointing something else out they could argue. Its a deflection tactic. You see it all the time here. A person gets factually proven wrong or their argument gets destroyed and they resort to insults or being grammar/spelling police or just try to discredit the poster instead of the post and typical it NEVER works. It just further exposes how intellectually inept they are at discussing the current topic at hand.

    In this case it was a double failure, the correction/deflection to spelling was also wrong, there was no misspelling and now the ability of the poster is even more exposed.

    Some people can just simply admit being wrong, or misspeaking etc etc. it shows their integrity and maturity. Some can not
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    There was equally no need to comment upon Agent J's spelling of the word. 'Grey' is the original spelling of the word in the English language. Note that it is the English language, and that there is no such thing as the American language. The spelling variations and grammatical solecisms peculiar to American English do not make it a language (any more than Québécois French is a separate language). It is merely a dialect of English, and the conventions of provincial usage do not make the original spelling incorrect.

    Furthermore, it should be remembered that the internet is an international venue, irrespective of where the server may be located, so the conventions of US society do not rule this, or any other, international discussion board.

    I've got the world's smallest violin, and it's playing just for you, bud.

    Agent J is American. We're taught American Standard English in this country. In American English, we spell it "gray."

    I have nothing against the British standard, or the Canadian standard (yes, it exists), but be consistent. If you're going to write in the British style, go all-out. Write "aeroplane" rather than "airplane." Write "tyre" rather than "tire." Write "energise" rather than "energize."

    Had Agent J attended an American university, it's likely he would be marked down for using "grey" rather than the American "gray."

  8. #108
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I've got the world's smallest violin, and it's playing just for you, bud.

    Agent J is American. We're taught American Standard English in this country. In American English, we spell it "gray."

    I have nothing against the British standard, or the Canadian standard (yes, it exists), but be consistent. If you're going to write in the British style, go all-out. Write "aeroplane" rather than "airplane." Write "tyre" rather than "tire." Write "energise" rather than "energize."

    Had Agent J attended an American university, it's likely he would be marked down for using "grey" rather than the American "gray."
    I have and I did and they would never do that because they understand the fact that its not spelled wrong

    its funny watching you argue against facts and losing.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I have and I did and they would never do that because they understand the fact that its not spelled wrong

    its funny watching you argue against facts and losing.
    What school did you attend? I'm amused.

  10. #110
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: French activist kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral in gay marriage protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    Irrelevant - there is no law saying he has to spell the "american" way.
    not to mention the fact remains that spelling it grey is an ENGLISH variant
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •