Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 361

Thread: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Please, I'm very slow. I need you to point out exactly the question that I am dodging. So far, you've managed to misread my post, demand explanations for positions that I've never taken, and then make claims that i'm dodging because I didn't defend the strawman position of which you insisted that i'm taking.

    But you are right. Reading through my posts I've made a serious error. I should correct this post:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061844985
    One obvious fact you are dodging is the genesis of this whole matter, which was an admission by the subject of this thread that the IRS had done certain "wrong" things, specifically target Tea Party groups and that they were sorry for doing so. Which makes all the contortions over statistics and gymnastics about the press and bad reporting redundant and besides the point.

    IRS apologizes for targeting tea party groups

    You seem to think you have created an argument that will undo this basic fact, which is ludicrous but here you are acting that way.

  2. #302
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post

    The Center for American Progress was founded in 2003. But even if it had been approved in 2011, so what? The Central Valley Tea Party (Central Valley Tea Party) was approved for 501(c)(3) status. That means that it's not permitted to engage in any politics at all.

    Individual examples prove nothing for either side. Trying to make a point based on an individual example is like trying to argue that the lottery is a good investment strategy by pointing out someone who won the lottery.

  3. #303
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    you are unbearable. you are not talking to some average forum user i can smell a bull crapper a mile away and you reek. you are manipulating data and a failed endeavor to back peddle out of being made a fool

    what you attempting to do is compare all the groups with 9/12, constitution, patriot and Tea Party in their title to groups with with just "progressive" in their title
    Of course you will have greater sum of groups using all those words in their titles when you just compare groups with just that one word in their titles

    And your attempting to pass that off as a fair comparison? That is about as a unjust inequitable comparison ive seen. you are shameless doing so. And you just insulted my intelligents thinking i will fall for it

    try again. but i suggest you give up you have been exposed for the liberal bull crapper you are
    I'm sorry for insulting your intelligents, and I'd agree that you aren't an average forum user.

  4. #304
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Individual examples prove nothing
    LOL!

    depends on what you're trying to prove

    center for health transformation, anyone?

    Gingrich think tank collected millions from health-care industry - Washington Post

  5. #305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    I'm very slow
    no, ostriches are very fast once they pull their heads out and get going

    the irs internal review conducted by nancy marks---independent of tigta---found the same "significant problems" and "substantial bias" mr george empirically and conclusively uncovered

    Internal IRS probe cited same problems with approach to conservative groups in May 2012 - WaPo

    ms marks next (may 3, 2012) fully informed then commissioner miller of this "substantial bias" in a powerpoint presentation

    which is why ranking member sander levin says mr miller lied

    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ays-91565.html

    dem congressman richard neal, massachusetts: "there is a universal position that the irs engaged in outrageous activity"

    no, mr congressman, not quite universal...

    but we're getting there
    Last edited by The Prof; 05-26-13 at 05:00 PM.

  6. #306
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I'm sorry for insulting your intelligents, and I'd agree that you aren't an average forum user.
    Who are you trying to convince ?

    Yourself ? Because youv'e expended allot of time and energy attempting to mitigate someyhing the IRS has already apologized for.

    I promise youv'e persuaded no one and have only managed to make yourself look exceedingly desperate.

  7. #307
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    LOL!

    depends on what you're trying to prove

    center for health transformation, anyone?

    Gingrich think tank collected millions from health-care industry - Washington Post
    My apologies!., I really should be more precise. Individual examples aren’t usually sufficient to demonstrate systematic bias. But they can show us that groups of all political stripes abused non-profit status.

    And that's the danger with this scandal. Too many people are arguing that the problem is that conservative groups were investigated. However, the IG report is clear that the vast majority of groups that were investigated, deserved to be investigated. Partisan political groups on both sides are trying to use this to loosen the restraints on anonymous money in politics.

    The scandal is how groups were identified for investigation, not if the groups that were investigated deserved it.

  8. #308
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Too many people are arguing that the problem is that conservative groups were investigated
    tell it to nancy j marks

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Who are you trying to convince ?

    Yourself ? Because youv'e expended allot of time and energy attempting to mitigate someyhing the IRS has already apologized for.

    I promise youv'e persuaded no one and have only managed to make yourself look exceedingly desperate.

    And lets not forget a compulsive bull crapper. I have exposed him as much not once but twice. he has lost all creditability if he had any to begin with. at least he has the integrity to admit he was out of his league and conceded defeat

  10. #310
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    And lets not forget a compulsive bull crapper. I have exposed him as much not once
    but twice. he has lost all creditability if he had any to begin with. at least he has the integrity to admit he was out of his league and conceded defeat
    Ah, such is the pathalogy of your typical liberal. Polishing the brass as the Titantic sinks, re-arranging the sliding deck chairs, they are hopelessly locked into a corrupt ideology.

    Humillity, truth, integrity ? That's their cryptonite.

    They will argue and argue, distort the facts and hope no one notices.

    The amount of data Mithros must be ignoring so he can cherry pick his way through this argument is proof enough of his intentions.

    To muddy the waters and hope no one notices.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •