Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 361

Thread: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

  1. #271
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Thanks for illustrating point... people are making a mountain out of a molehill. There really is nothing here other than a bunch of bureaucrats using a short-cut to get their jobs done expediently because they are understaffed. The Cons have conjured up most of this hysteria because they need Obama to fail... The election is over; the economy seems to be working in his favor and the Cons have no original ideas or a political agenda.

    When this all shakes out, those that are honest with themselves are going to feel foolish to buying into an hysteria based on what they think might have gone wrong (what I hope went wrong) ahead of actual facts.
    How is increasing the workload "expediting"?

    Pretty surprised at this point that anybody would claim that the "Cons" are "conjuring up hysteria," so I'm going to ask if you've been keeping up with the Washington Post and NY Times op/ed pages? How can you not be aware that folks on all sides of the aisles recognize this scandal for the threat to our Republic that it is?

  2. #272
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why did the IRS only go after Conservative orgs, then?
    Our media is terrible. They print the sensational headline but never bother to explain the much less explosive reality.

    There's no indication that only conservative groups were investigated. There's not even evidence that conservative groups faced more scrutiny than liberal groups. In fact, the only group which had it's status refused was a charter of a previously approved Democratic leaning organization. Not only was it rejected, but the entire national group lost it's 501c4 status..

    What we know is that the words Tea Party, and Patriot were used as part of the process to identify potentially political groups. We also know that four times as many conservative groups were approved than liberal groups. This was politically insensitive, but those keywords *should* be flags.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Our media is terrible. They print the sensational headline but never bother to explain the much less explosive reality.

    There's no indication that only conservative groups were investigated. There's not even evidence that conservative groups faced more scrutiny than liberal groups. In fact, the only group which had it's status refused was a charter of a previously approved Democratic leaning organization. Not only was it rejected, but the entire national group lost it's 501c4 status..

    What we know is that the words Tea Party, and Patriot were used as part of the process to identify potentially political groups. We also know that four times as many conservative groups were approved than liberal groups. This was politically insensitive, but those keywords *should* be flags.

    I'm calling your bull crap out. you are falsely claiming this "four times as many conservative groups were approved than liberal groups"
    so i have a few question of you i would like to ask sense you claim your so well informed.
    how many tea part groups received the C4 status between 2009 and 2011?
    tell me how many progressive groups received their C4 status during the same time?
    If your are as informed as you falsely claim you are you should be able to answer that, and if you don't know how can you possibly make the claims you are making
    Last edited by trfjr; 05-26-13 at 01:14 PM.

  4. #274
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    i have a few question of you i would like to ask sense you claim your so well informed.
    how many tea part groups received the C4 status between 2009 and 2011?
    tell me how many progressive groups received their C4 status during the same time?
    If your informed that you false claim you are you should be able to answer that, and if you dont know how can you possibly make the claims you are making
    None as far as I know, though there were Tea Party groups approved earlier without any investigation. However, it's hard to label a delay as a hardship as organisations were free to act like 501c4's while they were being approved. They only risked having to reveal their donors if the IRS deemed them to be too political.

    A better question is this: Do any Tea Party groups deserve 501c4 status? Are they exclusively dedicated to social welfare as stated in the law? Or are they non-profit PACs, the status reserved for political advocacy groups.

    Of course these groups were investigated because of their politics. That's the point, they aren't allowed to be political. They should have filed as 527's, but they didn't want to disclose their donors as the law requires. It's like complaining that the FBI investigates too many bank-robbers for bank-robbery.

  5. #275
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Our media is (sic) terrible
    LOL!

    welcome to the club

    There's no indication that only conservative groups were investigated
    indication?

    well, even the ostriches...

    i mean, we can understand how they wouldn't see what's so violently circling around em

    but you'd think they'd at least have heard

    DOJ opens criminal probe into IRS - The Hill

    all the other big birds are screeching

  6. #276
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    I'm calling your bull crap out. you are falsely claiming this "four times as many conservative groups were approved than liberal groups"
    so i have a few question of you i would like to ask sense you claim your so well informed.
    how many tea part groups received the C4 status between 2009 and 2011?
    tell me how many progressive groups received their C4 status during the same time?
    If your are as informed as you falsely claim you are you should be able to answer that, and if you don't know how can you possibly make the claims you are making
    Also....
    Here's a list of overtly political organizations approved for 501c status in 2012. I'm not going to pretend that it includes all groups, but the ratio is comparable to the ratio of conservative to liberal 501c spending in 2012 so it passes the smell test.

    Conservative Conservative Conservative Liberal
    912 Project Fort Worth Inc.
    912 Project of the Lehigh Valley Inc.
    American Freedom and Enterprise Foundation Inc.
    American Greatness
    American Patriots Against Government Excess
    American Solutions for Winning the Future Inc.
    Bedford County Patriots
    Bluegrass Votes
    Californians Against Out-of-Control Taxes and Spending
    Californians for Regulatory Reform
    Center for American Freedom
    Charlotte Matters
    Cincinnati 912 Project Inc.
    Citizens for Traditional Values Shiawassee Inc.
    Clinton County Tea Party
    Coalition for a Conservative Majority - Colorado Springs
    Coalition of Energy Users
    Conservative Roundtable of Texas
    Dallas Tea Party Inc.
    Essex Tea Party
    Faith and Freedom Coalition of Ohio
    Flagstaff Tea Party-ROCN
    Force Congress to Balance the Budget Inc.
    Freedom and Values Alliance Inc.
    Georgia Tea Party Inc..
    Hawaii Tea Party Inc.
    Huron County Right to Life
    Illinois Family Action NFP
    Lakes Area Right to Life
    Los Banos Tea Party Patriots Inc.
    Make Ohio Great
    Manassas Tea Party
    Michigan Faith And Freedom Coalition Inc.
    Mid-South Tea Party
    Mid-Coast Tea Party Patriots
    Middle Class Taxpayers Association
    Millstadt Chamber of Commerce Incorporated
    Mother Lode Tea Party
    Nevada County Tea Party Patriots
    Norcal Tea Party Patriots
    Ocean State Tea Party in Action
    Odessa Tea Party Inc.
    Ohio First for a Better Government
    Ohio Liberty Council Corp
    Ohio Rising
    Oklahomans for Liberty
    Parents as Teachers at Home Inc.
    Partnership for a New American Economy Action Fund Inc.
    Pass the Balanced Budget Amendment Inc.
    Patriots of Charleston
    Protectmarriagecom Action Fund
    Reinvent Michigan Fund
    Republic Free Choice
    Restore Americas Voice Foundation
    Restoring Ohio Inc.
    Richmond Tea Party Patriots Inc.
    Roof Garden Patriots Tea Party Inc.
    San Antonio Tea Party Inc.
    Sd Citizens For Liberty Inc
    Shenandoah Valley Tea Party Patriots Inc
    Simi Valley Moorpark Tea Party
    Southwest Louisiana Tea Party Inc
    Strong America Now
    Taxpayer Oversight Panel
    Taxpayers For A Strong Economy
    Tea Party Patriots Of Southern Nj Inc
    The@Government Integrity Fund Inc
    Volusia 912 Patriots Inc
    West Suburban Patriots
    Wetumpka Tea Party Inc
    Canvass for a Cause
    Center for Humanist Activism of the Am. Hum. Ass.
    Coalition for California
    Coalition for Colorado Universal Health Care
    Coalition for Missouris Future
    Coffee Party USA
    Fund our Communities
    League of Women Voters of Utah
    Louisiana Progress Action Fund Inc.
    Massachusetts Campaign for Single Payer Health Care Inc.
    Progress Missouri
    Progress Texas
    Progressive Leadership Alliance Of Nevada Action Fund
    Progressive USA
    Progressives United Inc.
    Progressnow
    Rebuild the Dream
    Texans For Secure Retirement

  7. #277
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    1. why can't the president state flatly when he learned about what was going on at his irs for 2 years?

    2. why did stevens, miller and lerner lie repeatedly to congress?

    3. why were groups with the word "progressive" in their names given a pass?

    4. how could the president's chief of staff know about the ig's conclusions without telling the president?

    5. why does the president keep learning about major developments in his administration from reading newspapers?

    6. why were miller and grant fired, why is lerner on leave?

    7. why does the administration's story keep shifting?

    8. why do half million dollar contributors to 501c4 ofa get to attend quarterly meetings at the white house?

    stay tuned

  8. #278
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    the ratio is comparable
    why is the irs under criminal investigation by eric holder's doj?

  9. #279
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,210

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Our media is terrible. They print the sensational headline but never bother
    to explain the much less explosive reality.

    There's no indication that only conservative groups were investigated. There's not even evidence that conservative groups faced more scrutiny than liberal groups. In fact, the only group which had it's status refused was a charter of a previously approved Democratic leaning organization. Not only was it rejected, but the entire national group lost it's 501c4 status..

    What we know is that the words Tea Party, and Patriot were used as part of the process to identify potentially political groups. We also know that four times as many conservative groups were approved than liberal groups. This was politically insensitive, but those keywords *should* be flags.
    I promise you the reallity of the IRS scandal is WORSE than whats currently being reported.

    Why else would they be doing everything in their power to hide information.

    Sooner or later the truth will be revealed, through the numerous law suites that are just being started to Congressional testimony.

    We're going to find out that the Obama administration purposely targeted Conservative groups using not only the IRS but also other Govt agencies.

    I think the partisans on the left will either concede that they voted in a corrupt administration, or they will go all Bette Midler on us.

    I mean where the hell are the Clintons, Joe Biden, any of the primary Democratic names and faces ?

    Elijah Cummings and Max Baucus turned on Obama. Is it a requirement to be completely absent of any horse sense before you can vote Democrat ?

    They are MIA and turning on Obama because they KNOW something we don't YET, as IRS officials take the Fifth and "forget" entire sections of their lifes two years ago.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS official Lois Lerner to take the Fifth

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    None as far as I know, though there were Tea Party groups approved earlier without any investigation. However, it's hard to label a delay as a hardship as organisations were free to act like 501c4's while they were being approved. They only risked having to reveal their donors if the IRS deemed them to be too political.

    A better question is this: Do any Tea Party groups deserve 501c4 status? Are they exclusively dedicated to social welfare as stated in the law? Or are they non-profit PACs, the status reserved for political advocacy groups.

    Of course these groups were investigated because of their politics. That's the point, they aren't allowed to be political. They should have filed as 527's, but they didn't want to disclose their donors as the law requires. It's like complaining that the FBI investigates too many bank-robbers for bank-robbery.

    then how in the hell can you claim this if you don't know "four times as many conservative groups were approved than liberal groups" what are you doing parroting something you read on Mother Jones or Buzz feed. So I'm calling you creditability and integrity into question you might think you can come to these forums and spread you uninformed falsehoods but you wont get away with it when i am around

    I will tell you the amount because you have proven you are not informed and just a straight up bull crapper

    only 3 Tea Party groups was approved between 2009 and 2011
    during the same time period 65 progressive groups received their C4 status

    safe_image.jpg


    so what was that absurdly false claim again "four times as many conservative groups were approved than liberal groups"
    the correct claim is over 20 times as many liberal groups received their status than conservative groups

    Sir you have proven you have no creditability or integrity, i will continue to monitor your post and i will call you out on every lie, every falsehood, and all the misinformation you try to spread
    so i advise you to get your self better informed or i will continue to make a fool out of you
    Last edited by trfjr; 05-26-13 at 02:20 PM.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •