Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 180

Thread: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's not a derailment to compare similar cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    It's only alledged in the article because it hasn't gone to trial, yet. Yes, in this country someone is presumed innocent until proven guilty. So you might want to remember that in your alledged attacks against the Obama administration. However, the factual evidence of covert planning and solicitation to commit a crime in the emails does appear to be pretty solid against Rosen in spite of your ridiculous, hyperbolic temper tantrums.
    You both already flunked basic deduction 101 and seem hell bent on proving that reading really is essential. As is hiding from virtually everything that does not fit your mantra in thread. You're both done and cooked, but you'll keep posting your latest idea of a really witty reply that is somehow supposed to negate everything in the thread (there is quite a lot now from multiple posters) that does not fit your mantra and that you keep avoiding. And you both wonder why to all but Fox News obsessives you don't make much a case for anything but the flavor of your mantra. Just another day at DP for both of you. Ah the satisfaction you must get from all the self indulgent dodging and obfuscating!

  2. #52
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,050

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    You both already flunked basic deduction 101 and seem hell bent on proving that reading really is essential. As is hiding from virtually everything that does not fit your mantra in thread. You're both done and cooked, but you'll keep posting your latest idea of a really witty reply that is somehow supposed to negate everything in the thread (there is quite a lot now from multiple posters) that does not fit your mantra and that you keep avoiding. And you both wonder why to all but Fox News obsessives you don't make much a case for anything but the flavor of your mantra. Just another day at DP for both of you. Ah the satisfaction you must get from all the self indulgent dodging and obfuscating!
    Somebody is trying REALLY hard to make this personal and it's just not working out his way.

    Simple facts:

    1. Kim and Rosen exchanged e-mails.
    2. Rosen asked Kim to released classified documents.
    3. Rosen should have known that doing so would mean Kim breaking the law.
    4. Rosen is at the very least guilty of conspiracy to break the law.

    That you keep trying over and over to hide behind the word "alleged" doesn't change the facts. Well, it would for a paid shill. Is that what you are Gie? A shill? I'd hate to think somebody would spend a year and a half of their lives getting paid to defend a website. It seems like such a bottom feeder job.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    You just have to laugh when you see these threads where the author can't grasp his own posted subject matter, has no intelligent replies to any contradictory facts or rebuttals and then proceeds to steer his own thread into an "republican priorities + Julian Assange" derailment.
    Heya Gie. Seems the AP CEO called it like it is. As it is along the same lines they did with the AP.....Evidenced.

    Pruitt said the seizure has made sources less willing to talk to AP journalists and, in the long term, could limit Americans' information from all news outlets.

    "And if they restrict that apparatus ... the people of the United States will only know what the government wants them to know and that's not what the framers of the Constitution had in mind when they wrote the First Amendment," he said.

    "They've been secretive, they've been overbroad and abusive — so much so that taken together, they are unconstitutional because they violate our First Amendment rights," he added.....snip~

    AP CEO calls records seizure unconstitutional - AP News - Breaking News

  4. #54
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,566
    Blog Entries
    11

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The way this case will play out is simple. Kim will take the blame and Rosen's defenders will claim he had a right to entice and conspire to commit a crime. Which of course is not protected by the constitution in any way.
    Then every reporter who ever published a leak from CIA, etc., including several at the New York Times and Washington Post, is guilty of espionage. How stupid of you people.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #55
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,050

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Then every reporter who ever published a leak from CIA, etc., including several at the New York Times and Washington Post, is guilty of espionage. How stupid of you people.
    Actually, that's not true at all. There is a difference between a reporter being given information, and a reporter conspiring to break the law in order to get information.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #56
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,566
    Blog Entries
    11

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Actually, that's not true at all. There is a difference between a reporter being given information, and a reporter conspiring to break the law in order to get information.
    According to the DOJ, that Rosen even agreed to meet with the guy was evidence of conspiracy. Asking the guy a question was suborning espionage according to them. By that way of thinking Woodward and Bernstein were guilty of espionage when they talked to Deep Throat and, you know, did what reporters do, asked follow up questions, asked for more information, and so on.

    The DOJ is going for Deep Deep Fail.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Gie. Seems the AP CEO called it like it is. As it is along the same lines they did with the AP.....Evidenced.

    Pruitt said the seizure has made sources less willing to talk to AP journalists and, in the long term, could limit Americans' information from all news outlets.

    "And if they restrict that apparatus ... the people of the United States will only know what the government wants them to know and that's not what the framers of the Constitution had in mind when they wrote the First Amendment," he said.

    "They've been secretive, they've been overbroad and abusive — so much so that taken together, they are unconstitutional because they violate our First Amendment rights," he added.....snip~

    AP CEO calls records seizure unconstitutional - AP News - Breaking News
    Watchdogs from both the left and right have expressed deep reservations and concerns about the threats to civil liberties and freedom of the press that are occuring under the DOJ. But don't worry, Holder assures us that there is no need to investigate any of that and if there is, they will investigate themselves. Ya know, to keep it objective.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Somebody is trying REALLY hard to make this personal and it's just not working out his way.

    Simple facts:

    1. Kim and Rosen exchanged e-mails.
    2. Rosen asked Kim to released classified documents.
    3. Rosen should have known that doing so would mean Kim breaking the law.
    4. Rosen is at the very least guilty of conspiracy to break the law.

    That you keep trying over and over to hide behind the word "alleged" doesn't change the facts. Well, it would for a paid shill. Is that what you are Gie? A shill? I'd hate to think somebody would spend a year and a half of their lives getting paid to defend a website. It seems like such a bottom feeder job.
    Maybe the 15th time you rinse and repeat your mantra, you'll even convince yourself?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Then every reporter who ever published a leak from CIA, etc., including several at the New York Times and Washington Post, is guilty of espionage. How stupid of you people.
    Like I said two pages ago, this just gets more idiotic and now increasingly desperate as it continues. I do so enjoy it when brave "debaters" won't reply to anything that contradicts them and if they do, it is just to ignore it and then restate their mantra. As they simultaneously demonstrate they don't have an honest understanding of the differences between allegations and facts in their own linked article. So here we are after DOJ spent a year "investigating" Rosen and all Hatuey can point to is an article that contains the allegations that DOJ was investigating. I'm sure that the moment Rosen is actually found guilty, factually guilty of the allegations lodged against him by Obama's DOJ Hatuey will of a sudden at last grasp the difference. Of course I'm also pretty confident that (either the conviction or Hatuey's sudden command of the subject) will never happen. And speaking of some actual facts that Hatuey can't steel himself to address, meanwhile if DOJ is looking for actual leaks of classified material, they need look no further than the administration itself which has already admitted and apologized to Israel for leaking. Another of several facts presented to him early on which he can't address, not because he is "hiding" from it all, it just does not fit his mantra. Besides, they apologized! Maybe Rosen, if actually found guilty of the allegations, can apologize too? I mean it is enough for the IRS and administration, so should be for Rosen too.

    And seriously, why is it almost all of the DP members who can't differentiate between facts and allegations and have no eye whatsoever for either facts and allegations about this administration, are all certified and well known prolific Fox News obsessives?
    Last edited by Gie; 05-20-13 at 06:04 PM.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    According to the DOJ, that Rosen even agreed to meet with the guy was evidence of conspiracy. Asking the guy a question was suborning espionage according to them. By that way of thinking Woodward and Bernstein were guilty of espionage when they talked to Deep Throat and, you know, did what reporters do, asked follow up questions, asked for more information, and so on.

    The DOJ is going for Deep Deep Fail.
    Heya LD. Yeah I think so to.....especially since the IG just hooked the DOJ for Dobson on Fast and Furious. Evidenced.

    IG Report Confirms: DOJ Official Smeared Fast and Furious Whistleblower John Dodson

    Monday the Department of Justice Inspector General [IG] confirmed what Townhall and other media outlets have been reporting for more than a year now: DOJ officials smeared Fast and Furious whistleblower and ATF Agent John Dodson. As a reminder, Dodson was the first whistleblower to expose Operation Fast and Furious. He revealed the operation's connection to the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry on to CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson on March 3, 2011.

    The IG report confirms that former U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke, who has a long personal and professional relationship with now Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, in fact leaked information to smear Dodson after he went to Congress and CBS to reveal ATF, under direction of DOJ, had illegally trafficked thousands of AK-47 style rifles to Mexican cartels operating in Mexico. Two of those weapons were found at the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry on December 15, 2010 in the Arizona. Before resigning in August 2011, Burke admitted to leaking information.

    From the report:

    "We also concluded that Burke’s disclosure of the Dodson memorandum to Levine was likely motivated by a desire to undermine Dodson’s public criticisms of Operation Fast and Furious. Although Burke denied to congressional investigators that he had any retaliatory motive for his actions, we found substantial evidence to the contrary.

    In sum, we found that Burke violated Department policy when he provided the Dodson memorandum to Fox News reporter Levine without Department approval, and that his explanations for why he did not believe his actions were improper were not credible. We believe this misconduct to be particularly egregious because of Burke’s apparent effort to undermine the credibility of Dodson’s significant public disclosures about the failures in Operation Fast and Furious.

    We found Burke’s conduct in disclosing the Dodson memorandum to be inappropriate for a Department employee and wholly unbefitting a U.S. Attorney. We are referring to OPR our finding that Burke violated Department policy in disclosing the Dodson memorandum to a member of the media for a determination of whether Burke’s conduct violated the Rules of Professional Conduct for the state bars in which Burke is a member."

    As a refresher, Burke served as Janet Napolitano's chief of staff during her time as Arizona governor (for seven years), served as Napolitano's Homeland Security advisor until September 2009 (when Fast and Furious started), was appointed by President Obama as U.S. Attorney in Arizona in September 2009 and served on Attorney General Eric Holder's Attorney General's Advisor Board until his resignation in August 2011.....snip~

    IG Report Confirms: DOJ Official Smeared Fast and Furious Whistleblower John Dodson - Katie Pavlich

  9. #59
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report



    Heads on both sides should roll for this. Mr Kim's for leaking national security information unto the press and Rosen for conspiring to break the law.
    Your feigned outrage that “laws” were broken is amusing considering your disdain for the 1st and 2nd Amendments to the Constitution; you know…that supreme law of the land document that annoys you so much.

    This OP is nothing more than extremist partisanship. You knew an already outraged press was going to be even more outraged, because your deified administration has now attempted to define good journalism as a crime, and would stop carrying water for the administration, so you tried to get a jump on the story and deflect the focus from what the administration did wrong, to what the reporter did wrong.

    There have been no criminal charges so you’re blowing hot air in claiming any laws were broken. Not to keen on how the law works are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I agree with Ron Paul. I don't ever agree with Ron Paul but even a broken clock like him is right twice a day.
    I had to post this ^^^ because it illustrates your fickleness.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #60
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    re: Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Considering that's exactly how the article describes Kim's relationship with Rosen, it seems so.At no point did Rosen realize that asking Kim to release documents would mean that Kim would be breaking the law? Again, he told Kim to break the law.
    In most cases, telling someone to break the law is Constitutionally protected speech. The exception is when there's a clear and present danger.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •